Windows 10: Group policy fails with event ID 1058 and 1129

Discus and support Group policy fails with event ID 1058 and 1129 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys,We ran into the weird problem or can say known problem to some people. In our scenario, we have 2 DCs and both in replication mode.Recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IkramMehmood, May 11, 2021.

1. Group policy fails with event ID 1058 and 1129

Hi Guys,We ran into the weird problem or can say known problem to some people. In our scenario, we have 2 DCs and both in replication mode.Recently we've had sporadic student profile issues. The main symptom of the issue that is reported is that they can't get to any websites. Further investigations show that the proxy settings are not configured, the student desktop doesn't load and they have access to settings that a student profile would not have access to. They also see icons such as the Windows store on the Taskbar. Essentially it looks like a local login, although they have successfully

:)

IkramMehmood, May 11, 2021

2. KB4284842 Group Policy Failure

I have a problem with a recent Windows Update on Windows Server 2008 r2 running Citrix & Remote Desktop Services.

After I install KB4284842, group policy no-longer applies properly.

If I uninstall the update. Group policy works fine again.

It looks like there is a problem with this update.

The following error appears in the Application Event Viewer.

Event ID 8194: The client-side extension could not apply computer policy settings for 'O365CtxConf {02A46079-6CF0-42EA-B9ED-F4937210C3CC}' because it failed with error code '0x80070005 Access is denied.' See trace file for more details.

The following Warning appears in the System Event Viewer.

Event ID: 1085 Windows failed to apply the Group Policy Registry settings. Group Policy Registry settings might have its own log file. Please click on the "More information" link.

Chris Woollard, May 11, 2021
  3. Failed to connect to the group policy client services

Hi Mukul,

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

The issue that you are facing may be due to the reasons stated below:

· User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working.

· Antivirus software conflicts.

· I would suggest that you first check if the services for Group Policy are running.

To do so follow the steps mentioned below
    :

• Find the Group Policy Client service.
    • Right click on the service, and click on Properties.
    • The service status should be started and startup type
      automatic, if not, change the values accordingly, then click Apply and then OK.
    • Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press enter.

Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, May 11, 2021
  4. Group policy fails with event ID 1058 and 1129

Group policy client service failed

Group policy client service failed the sign in windows 10. tried solutions suggested but still can't log in. Can you help

chrisclark3, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Group policy fails with event ID 1058 and 1129

1. Group policy fails with event ID 1058 and 1129 - Similar Threads - Group policy fails

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. Event ID 5136 for group policy changes by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 5136 for group policy changes by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM: Hi, I would like to understand, why and in what circumstances NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM do the group policy changes in AD. This question popups after I filter out the event log: 5136.Thanks....
  5. Event ID 5136 for group policy changes by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 5136 for group policy changes by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM: Hi, I would like to understand, why and in what circumstances NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM do the group policy changes in AD. This question popups after I filter out the event log: 5136.Thanks....
  6. Event ID 5136 for group policy changes by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. The processing of Group Policy failed, Event ID 1058

in Windows 10 News
    The processing of Group Policy failed, Event ID 1058: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Error message The processing of Group Policy failed, Event ID 1058 occurs in Windows Server, when the OS is not able to read the file from a domain controller. The Group Policy service reads the information from Active Directory and [...] This post The...
  8. Group Policy Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group Policy Failed: I am currently in the process of trying to repair my dad's laptop as this morning when he tried to log on to his account (which is the only account on the computer), it said that the group policy failed, and that the access was denied. (BTW I work in technical support, so I...
  9. Event ID 10016 and RuntimeBroker Security Groups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10016 and RuntimeBroker Security Groups: So I've been dealing with whole system freezes that required a hard reset, after about 6 months of this i finally found the Event ID 10016 that occurs when the crash happens. This was a pretty well documented issue so i followed the guides all around the internet like this...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965