Windows 10: Group Policy for password change doesn't work on windows 10

Discus and support Group Policy for password change doesn't work on windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, I have an issue between my Domain Controller (Windows Server 2016 1907) and my Windows 10 clients (different version, but most of all they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blakif, Feb 13, 2020.

1. /u/blakif Win User

Group Policy for password change doesn't work on windows 10

Hi All,

I have an issue between my Domain Controller (Windows Server 2016 1907) and my Windows 10 clients (different version, but most of all they are .1909). In my LAN I have also Windows 7 clients, but it seems all is working good.

So I need to create a Group Policy to force the password change to all my user in the OU "Office". First of all I learned the GP must be applied to the OU "ClientOffice" which contains Computer Objects instead domain users (as the OU "Office"), it's ok for me because I split office an production not only for users but also for the computer objects.

I put 2 client in the OU "ClientOffice", one with Windows 7 and one with Windows 10. The client with Widnows 7 works, and the next day at the first login Widnows asked for a password change. The one with Windows 10 bypass the policy and nothing change.

When I execute a gpresult /r on Windows I can't see Computer Settings section on Windows 10, instead on Windows 7 I see the section and also the policy applied.

Is there something I can do to resolve this issue? maybe there are some hide settings I have to set up or something else, I really don't know :/

Thanks for anyone who can try to help me

P.s.: Sorry for grammar errors, english is not my native langauge.

submitted by /u/blakif
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blakif, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 13, 2020
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Feb 13, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Group Policy for password change doesn't work on windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Group Policy for password change doesn't work on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Group Policy password

2. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  3. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Group Policy changes & is Access Denied

Windows 10 Group Policy changes & is Access Denied: My computer started acting weird,my programs were being moved out of theirfolders, I would go to click an existing shortcut on my desktop & it wasn’t there. Settings were being messed with. I would check internet security & it said everything was okay. I went to registry, &...
  6. Windows 10 Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Group Policy: I need to Run My Dot Net C# application to be run with admin privileges' without UAC. So I have mistakenly added my exe name in group policy under "allow to run only specified windows application" and restarted system.Now I am not able to access any of windows application not...
  7. Group Policy not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy not working: I have assigned the Group Policy to block the storage devices like USBs on windows Server 2019 and after that i have done the command: gpupdate /force but when i login on windows 10 with the Active Directory User on the same machine it is not working....
  8. Denied group policy for a group, but not working

Denied group policy for a group, but not working: I have a group policy , and need to deny that for a group of people. I created a universal security group and added to delegation- advanced - and allowed read and denied apply group policy. But it not working and the the group policy is still applied to that group of people....
  9. Windows 10; Changes to GROUP POLICY pathways

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10; Changes to GROUP POLICY pathways: Currently, I am running W10 Version 1809 OS build 17763.55 on two laptops. Recently, I am getting an error code 0x80070643 while updating Windows. Researching this code it indicates that I need to create a different pathway in the GROUP POLICY settings in order to work around...
  10. Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement: Hi, I am having problems changing the password of the local administrator in Windows 10 Home. Before, I can use a simple password without any complexity. I noticed the changes the first time I used Microsoft Outlook and added my email in the company I am working with....