Windows 10: Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search

Discus and support Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey All, Group Policy doesn't seem to be working to block web results from search. I have the following setup using gpedit.msc: Local Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ColdProfessor, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search

Hey All,

Group Policy doesn't seem to be working to block web results from search.

I have the following setup using gpedit.msc:

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search:

• 'Allow Cortana' is disabled
    • 'Do not allow web search' is enabled
    • 'Don't search the web or display web results in search' is enabled

I am still getting web results in search.

Am I misunderstanding how these settings should work? Any other thing I'm missing?

OS Specs: Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, 64-bit.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/ColdProfessor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ColdProfessor, Sep 3, 2020

2. Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Group Policy

I have Cortana installed on one PC because the use says the sky will fall and the world will end of they can't talk to their computer. Really.

When I enable "Don't search the web or display web results in search" group policy (Computer Configuration, Administrative Tools, Windows Components, Search) it sort of disables Cortana - All the services and processes are still running, but WIndows seems to switch to "search" mode and Cortana will no longer respond to voice.

How do I block web searches whilst still being able to use Cortana?

Wobitancrawfodi, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Ghot Win User
    Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Group Policy

At present, there is no way to disable web search in the Taskbar Search box, without disabling Cortana.

How to Disable Bing in the Windows 10 Start Menu

Ghot, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search

Group policy :/

Thanks to @topgundcp
    Update W-10 manually
    Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap
    I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party
    Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new version does not apply to the new search box :/

Do not search the internet is enabled but does not effect the suggestions being plastered on the search although this version does not default to a Bing search page as other prior versions,
    I can not figure out which is the suggestions for web search *Tongue

Coming from 7 home premium that did not have group policy I find most of this group policy stuff really a weird tour Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search :)
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search

1. Group Policy not Blocking Web Results from Search - Similar Threads - Group Policy Blocking

2. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup blocked by group policy: I tried to connect my phone and my drawing tablet to my laptop running Windows 11 but it just says "setup blocked by group policy".It might have something to do with gpedit.msc but in my defense, that was the only way I knew how to disable my laptop keyboard. How to fix this?...
  3. This program is blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This program is blocked by group policy: Whenever I try to sign in to the Microsoft store I get the message above I don’t know what caused it but I think it had something to do with my work account being on my pc but I can’t remove it settings is apparently blocked until I activate windows but I can’t do that...
  4. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  5. Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Group Policy: I have Cortana installed on one PC because the use says the sky will fall and the world will end of they can't talk to their computer. Really. When I enable "Don't search the web or display web results in search" group policy (Computer Configuration, Administrative Tools,...
  6. Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Grou Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Use cortana whilst block web search and web results - Grou Policy: I have Cortana installed on one PC because the use says the sky will fall and the world will end of they can't talk to their computer. Really. When I enable "Don't search the web or display web results in search" group policy (Computer Configuration, Administrative Tools,...
  7. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setup blocked by group policy: My pc is giving me a message that it needs troubleshooting. I get the following: "Status: Setup blocked by group policy." When I try to print a document I get the message: "Could noet start printer. Check printer configuration." How can I fix this?...
  8. this program is blocked by group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    this program is blocked by group policy: code error 0x800704ec this program is blocked by group policy, for more information contact your system administrator First of all, I want to know which is the damn one the group policy ? Is it a virus ? Is it one of the pages which track computer of people ?...
  9. Setup blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setup blocked by group policy: My keyboard cannot install. It work before but after i update to 1903 version this glitch happen.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-blocked-by-group-policy/2e7d04db-dff6-4e15-96f6-cb9cd28bee8f
  10. blocked by group policy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked by group policy: hello! Im trying to get hyper-v working but when im trying to enable hyper v network switch on the network adapter im getting: ''blocked by group policy''. I upgradeded windows 7 to window 10 yesterday and its my private computer, anyone who had the same error? 29576