Windows 10: Group Policy Settings

Discus and support Group Policy Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own. I contacted Microsoft after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeanneKozi, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Group Policy Settings

I just installed an update, lost my Stickies - destroying my world, & my default app settings are changing on their own.

I contacted Microsoft after exhausting all available info online, had a remote session, 2 chats, and it is still broken.

Does anyone know the steps to change my preferred programs in the GPO to "Non-Microsoft"?

I had my PC set that way but this update apparently changed that too. The Microsoft Techs have no idea what I'm talking about [I've chatted with 2 today & 1 the other day] & they keep trying to send me to the website that has no answers; full circle.

Help!

:)

JeanneKozi, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Group Policy Settings

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Group Policy Settings

1. Group Policy Settings - Similar Threads - Group Policy Settings

2. Bitlocker Group Policy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Group Policy settings: Dear reader,I have a question about the bitlocker group policy settings. More specifically about the configuration of the pre-boot recovery message and URL. In the image below it's in Dutch you see the standard bitlocker recovery message. We know it is possible to include an...
  3. Setting Group Policy for Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Group Policy for Windows Updates: I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004 for my home business. I want to set the Features Update schedule to be like the old "CBB" channel Features Updates deferred for a few months after general release. I go into Local Group Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative...
  4. Bitlocker/TPM/Group Policy Settings

Bitlocker/TPM/Group Policy Settings: I am looking at how to configure the combination of the three technologies mentioned above to achieve the following goals. Encrypt OS Drive with bit locker using PIN's as well as a Recovery Key as a backup this has been done. When the Pin is typed in incorrectly to many...
  5. Help Changing Group Policy settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Changing Group Policy settings: [ATTACH] Can someone please explain how to change my settings so none of my 'settings is managed by my organisation'? I would be very greatfull https://preview.redd.it/zoqpquteae161.png?width=399&format=png&auto=webp&s=2a0be310619ca33dcfd381aa87cccb8f6174073d...
  6. Looking for group policy setting

Looking for group policy setting: that locks all connection ports when in lock screen. I actually set it today, but now forgot where it's at and I wanted to add it to my notes for future reference. I am not sure if it was from a tutorial on this site or elsewhere. I searched my history but came up empty. Is...
  7. Set group policy programatically

Set group policy programatically: How to set group policy programatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-group-policy-programatically/08fa07c5-cc34-457d-9220-f094b09089f3
  8. Group Policy not affect Settings app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy not affect Settings app?: I have a new Windows 10 Pro laptop that I am configuring. I am a Windows 10 newbie, and am especially new to using Group Policy to configure it. I decided to disable both AutoRun and AutoPlay, since they seem like major security breaches, so I implemented the 2 Group Policy...
  9. Group Policy Settings Windows 10

Group Policy Settings Windows 10: How does one reset all group plicies to default settings in windows 10. I have no executable named "gpedit". Thanks Peeps..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy-settings-windows-10/d99877a9-7349-49ec-91a5-aaf9edac8be4
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965