Windows 10: Group policy :/

Discus and support Group policy :/ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks to @topgundcp Update W-10 manually Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap I have found to get rid of the silly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThrashZone, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Group policy :/

Thanks to @topgundcp
    Update W-10 manually
    Which got me piddling around with the whole group/ user policy crap
    I have found to get rid of the silly lock screen at startup *Party
    Did think I got rid of some of the annoying web search from the search but seems the new version does not apply to the new search box :/

Do not search the internet is enabled but does not effect the suggestions being plastered on the search although this version does not default to a Bing search page as other prior versions,
    I can not figure out which is the suggestions for web search *Tongue

Coming from 7 home premium that did not have group policy I find most of this group policy stuff really a weird tour *Smile
    Cheers.

:)

ThrashZone, Jan 31, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

disable Group Policy client service for Home versions without gpedit.exe?

There is no connection between Group Policy and a Home Group. Leave the Group Policy alone.

mlg63, Jan 31, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Some settings are managed by your organization

Microsoft error messages are not famous for being helpful.

"Some settings are managed by your organization" means that the setting you want to change is managed by a group policy. Unless you are able to change the group policy, you won't be able to change the setting.

Group policies were designed for corporate networks, where the organization - more likely, its IT department - decides what the policies will be. That's the "organization" that the message refers to.

Since group policies were intended for corporate networks, there isn't a group policy editor in the Home version of Windows. It exists only in the Professional, Enterprise and (I believe) Education versions.

Some group policies can be changed without the group policy editor by directly editing the Windows registry, which is a risky thing to do. Plus, you'd have to know which specific policy needs to change and what are the specific edits to make to the registry.

BulldogXX, Jan 31, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Group policy :/

in my years of computing I have never done anything, (except maybe open it) with group polices ,but just did after seeing you post ,and was surprised it still has things related to the Century interpretation for year 2000 .
    Attachment 11733

caperjack, Feb 1, 2015
  5. I did finally get rid of the long search box in taskbar properties silly darn thing not sure what the heck benefit it has without the use of cortana :/
    I did see a msnbc listing possibly that's where are the what's popular is coming from,
    Adding msnbc.com http/ https:// to restricted sites list same for bing had no positive effects in blocking the stuff *Sad

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Group policy :/

1. Group policy :/ - Similar Threads - Group policy

2. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  3. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  4. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...: We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off...
  6. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...: We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off...
  7. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

8. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  9. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  10. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90