Windows 10: Grouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10

Discus and support Grouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So a while ago I found out that you could group files, folders, and what not in your folder by type. I was wondering could you somehow mark that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LadyofKnives, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Grouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10

So a while ago I found out that you could group files, folders, and what not in your folder by type. I was wondering could you somehow mark that certain files are different so they aren't organized with all the other folders? I am not sure about this but as a person who buys a lot of art I would like to make my files easier to access and I am not sure how. Maybe I can make a group that I can put files in so I don't have thousands of folders to go through when I add new art?

:)

LadyofKnives, Oct 5, 2020
  2. ineuw Win User

How to Change the Group by View of a Folder in Windows 10 tutorial

The delay to reply was unrelated to this topic. I was preparing to add a disc drive. The preferred view is working now, and here is the step by step list of what I did, and it includes an additional step at the end. I also rebooted after each step.

1. Reset all views to default.
    2. Rebooted.
    3. Changed the "My Pc" view to Details and set the "Group By" to [None]. But left everything else at default.
    4. Rebooted.
    5. "My Pc" view retained the selected setting, alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.
    6. Switched to Drive C:\, set it to "Details" and changed the column order to "Name, Size Type and Date". Grouping is available but not applied by the default settings.
    7. Rebooted.
    8. "My Pc" lost the settings, reverted to "Tile" and "Group by" was active again.
    9. Reconfigured to "Details" and set the "Group By" to [None].
    10. Rebooted.
    11. "My Pc" view retained the selected settings. Alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.

ineuw, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - organizing Picture Folder

In WIndows 7 I was able to sort all my pictures by month/year. In Windows 10 they are in separate folders by day. I prefer the month/year b/c I can easily scan through all my pictures rather than open up each individual folder by day. I've tried using
    the "sort by" and "group by" options but it only organizes that way within each individual folder.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

shanalongenecker, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Grouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10

Folder organization

Hello.

I have recently bought a computer with Windows 10, after many years of Win 7. I was very satisfied with 7.

Since installing, I am trying desperately to understand what Microsoft thinking is regarding file/folder organization. Although I'm fairly computer literate, I can't get my head around the defaults regarding OneDrive, C:, This PC, and users. For us, a very
    simple environment - my wife and I on single computer - no network. We want to share all folders/files on (what used to be CGrouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10 :).

Can anyone suggest a reference that explains and suggests optimal organization of folders? I just don't get it. And Microsoft seems to be negligent in making this user environment friendly!

Thanks.

DennisWard4, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Grouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10

1. Grouping and Organizing Folders in Widows 10 - Similar Threads - Grouping Organizing Folders

2. A stranger as a group organizer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A stranger as a group organizer: Hello, Today I noticed that I had parental control on my browser, and when I looked into it, it turned out that I was a member of Microsoft Family and its organizer was an unknown person. I immediately left the group without checking any of this person's information. Now I...
  3. A stranger as a group organizer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A stranger as a group organizer: Hello, Today I noticed that I had parental control on my browser, and when I looked into it, it turned out that I was a member of Microsoft Family and its organizer was an unknown person. I immediately left the group without checking any of this person's information. Now I...
  4. Family Organizer Leaving Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Organizer Leaving Family Group: I'm family organizer and want to turn this over to mother of children. Mother is organizer in the family group. I went to child's account, clicked on drop down and selected "remove consent". Warning that follows concerns me. "They will no longer have permission to access...
  5. Family Organizer Leaving Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Organizer Leaving Family Group: I'm family organizer and want to turn this over to mother of children. Mother is organizer in the family group. I went to child's account, clicked on drop down and selected "remove consent". Warning that follows concerns me. "They will no longer have permission to access...
  6. How to leave a group after an organizer has left the group?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to leave a group after an organizer has left the group?: Hi,My son has removed himself as an organizer from his siblings family group and now they are unable to leave to join another group, how can this be fixed, if at all?Thanks in advance,Mark DC72...
  7. Folder organization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder organization: Hello. I have recently bought a computer with Windows 10, after many years of Win 7. I was very satisfied with 7. Since installing, I am trying desperately to understand what Microsoft thinking is regarding file/folder organization. Although I'm fairly computer literate, I...
  8. widows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    widows 10: after upgrade my desktop computer has no software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/ee9b644e-cbc3-4391-98d3-c232d3b52f02
  9. Widows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widows 10: New computer. all going well. Suddenly have "preparing windows" appear every time at start up and updates at closing. Need a simple solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/46d16668-f754-4850-a5bf-f01875ffda55
  10. Downloads Folder Organization - How to prevent folders from being grouped separate from files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Folder Organization - How to prevent folders from being grouped separate from files?: Hello, My mission is simple. How can I organize my downloads folder so that when I choose to sort the contents of said folder by date modified, ALL of the contents are organized by their date. No matter what option I choose right now, it will sort the various file types by...