Windows 10: Grouping Applications By Functional Category in the Start Panel

Discus and support Grouping Applications By Functional Category in the Start Panel in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows 10 I had arranged my applications by category in the start panel. For example, as a photographer, I had my various tools and apps grouped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GlenMarshall, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Grouping Applications By Functional Category in the Start Panel

In Windows 10 I had arranged my applications by category in the start panel. For example, as a photographer, I had my various tools and apps grouped together, with tabs sub-grouping them according to my photo post-processing workflow. Other functional groups included office applications, games, utilities, reference, etc. In Windows 11 that is all gone.While this change is not crippling, it certainly makes my life more difficult. It is a step in a totally wrong direction.Restoring the Windows 10 Start functionality would be a simple solution, and one I want ASAP. But I really want a hierarchic

:)

GlenMarshall, Oct 24, 2021
  2. YanAndrew Win User

The Control Panel (Category View)

My apologies, Brink but I still do not get it.

The steps for both options are identical, the only difference is the location of the desired icons will need to be accessible for all users for Option 2. That's it.

Moreover, both the Mail and Flash Player (32-bit) applets are not listed in the list of Control Panel items for both options.

Regards,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Oct 24, 2021
  3. srg84 Win User
    srg84, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Grouping Applications By Functional Category in the Start Panel

make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories

Anyway to make start button list all my applications without having to to click all apps and remove the abc categories?

Torrentula81, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Grouping Applications By Functional Category in the Start Panel

1. Grouping Applications By Functional Category in the Start Panel - Similar Threads - Grouping Applications Functional

2. Grouping Applications By Functional Category in the Start Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grouping Applications By Functional Category in the Start Panel: In Windows 10 I had arranged my applications by category in the start panel. For example, as a photographer, I had my various tools and apps grouped together, with tabs sub-grouping them according to my photo post-processing workflow. Other functional groups included office...
  3. Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu: Where is the ability to customize!? why can you not create app groups on the start menu, or on the taskbar. this needs fixed. this makes things much harder to find and run. i want to group my photo apps into a folder called photo apps and have them accessible on the taskbar...
  4. Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu

Customize the taskbar or create application groups on Start Menu: Where is the ability to customize!? why can you not create app groups on the start menu, or on the taskbar. this needs fixed. this makes things much harder to find and run. i want to group my photo apps into a folder called photo apps and have them accessible on the taskbar...
  5. Runtime Errors as a Result of Opening Control Panel in Category View

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime Errors as a Result of Opening Control Panel in Category View: Version 1909 the Runtime Error discussed at the following: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/145996-runtime-errors.html was opened on the 9/12/2019 and appears they discovered a work around to resolve the errors being generating in Control Panel. There's been 2...
  6. Change control panel categories icons

Change control panel categories icons: In this tutorial explains how to change control panel icons, but some of them are missing, (all in categories list) Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 [img] How to change them? 146282
  7. Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel

Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel: I just bought a new laptop and start to set up my start menu tile group. But I removed the original tile group by accident. I try to create my own tile group but I cannot arrange it to the top of start menu. Is there anyway to fix this issue? [ATTACH] Thanks....
  8. Control Panel Applets (Category View)

Control Panel Applets (Category View): Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone knows where or how I can get hold of the CLSID (GUIDs) for the Control Panel Applets in Category View in the image below: [img] Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you. Regards, Andrew 139570
  9. The Control Panel (Category View)

The Control Panel (Category View): Hi Guys, Does anyone know the GUIDs for the Control Panel (Category View) applets: [img] I'm trying to customise these icons without using a third party software. Appreciate any advise / guidance. Regards, 129497
  10. uninstall feature in Control Panel not functioning

uninstall feature in Control Panel not functioning: I upgraded windows 7.0 on my Dell XPSL501X to windows10.0 I got a new Cannon Cloud Printer and don't need the many HP programs (in Control Panel-Programs & Features) as I dont have it linked to an HP printer any longer. I tried several times to uninstall the HP...