Windows 10: Grouping icons by name

Discus and support Grouping icons by name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really hate that when I group icons by name, it doesn't integrate shortcuts to other folders. There are two "lists" of icons, both in alphabetical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WereNotGonnaFakeIt, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Grouping icons by name

I really hate that when I group icons by name, it doesn't integrate shortcuts to other folders. There are two "lists" of icons, both in alphabetical order, one is folders and files, and the other is shortcuts. Is there a way to integrate them all together?

submitted by /u/WereNotGonnaFakeIt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WereNotGonnaFakeIt, Aug 3, 2020
  2. prescient Win User

home group icon

home group icon started to show on off desktop on its own .
    not a shortcut icon but it just says home group icon

all i can remember is upgrading to outlook from hot mail and skype with its updater

prescient, Aug 3, 2020
  3. ILdarXIII Win User
    How to change icon of small tile of people group or get the name ot this group on that icon?

I created groups in people hub but they have the same icon and no text of group name on small icon on start screen so I cannot distinguish them. How to change tile icon of people group or get a name of that group in icon?

ILdarXIII, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Nomgle Win User

Grouping icons by name

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile Grouping icons by name :)

Nomgle, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Grouping icons by name

1. Grouping icons by name - Similar Threads - Grouping icons name

2. Icon Grouping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon Grouping: I cant seem to find this feature in windows 11 and I find the inability to pin to taskbar by dragging on it prohibitive. Not being able to group app shortcut in the desktop/taskbar is a deal breaker.Google searching shows up individual pinning of apps, and the pin to taskbar...
  3. Icon Grouping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon Grouping: I cant seem to find this feature in windows 11 and I find the inability to pin to taskbar by dragging on it prohibitive. Not being able to group app shortcut in the desktop/taskbar is a deal breaker.Google searching shows up individual pinning of apps, and the pin to taskbar...
  4. Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups

in Windows 10 News
    Group icons on the Windows Taskbar with Taskbar groups: Taskbar groups is a new open source program for Microsoft Windows devices to create groups of icons on the taskbar. The main idea of the program is to bundle multiple shortcuts on the taskbar to save space on it. While that may not be required on large resolution systems, it...
  5. Icon bin grouping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon bin grouping: My icons for open apps in the right side of my taskbar is gone and now all my little icons are spread out how can i fix that submitted by /u/itstheRealGamGam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izc28h/icon_bin_grouping/
  6. App Group Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Group Name: You know how app tiles can be resized small, medium, large. But the app group name space continues to be the same size. Is there a way to resize the app group name screen space it occupies? Thanks in advance...
  7. Folder names alphabetized in groups.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder names alphabetized in groups.: I suddenly found that, unbeknownst to me, the files in one of my folders had been divided into groups: I to P and Q to Z. The group A to O was not included, so all my files with initials A to O are missing from the folder. How can I eliminate the groupings and get all my...
  8. Duplicating 'Name group'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicating 'Name group': Hello, In Windows 10, when I click on the window logo (bottom left of the screen), there are a bunch of icons on the right side. They are divided in 4 categories (create, play, explore and name group). How could I duplicate or triplicate the <name group category? Thank you...
  9. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954
  10. Want to remove the "Name Group"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to remove the "Name Group": Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" from the Desktop?*Confused 13102