Windows 10: GRUB boot loader failing again and again!

Discus and support GRUB boot loader failing again and again! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm facing the worst issue ever in my life & two days gone without a solution! So, when I turn my laptop on, a black screen appears with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L N Ramawat, Oct 20, 2019.

1. GRUB boot loader failing again and again!

Hello there, I'm facing the worst issue ever in my life & two days gone without a solution!

So, when I turn my laptop on, a black screen appears with the caption "a disk read error has occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart". Every time it appears & I also tried many times to install Windows with a bootable Pendrive with the MBR mode but when I get the menu where I've to choose Windows to be installed in a directory and I choose the usual directory for installation. The whole process till reaching Windows installation directory to choose takes 15-20 minutes & a normal pc takes hardly a minute!

But when I successfully selected the directory and format it and try to install Windows in it, after 5 minutes a dialogue box pop-up and says that "an error occurred while installing Windows". And it's happening every time when I try GRUB boot loader failing again and again! :(

I also tried all possible ways to solve it out and also used many apps like MiniToolWizard etc.

Please help me if you can.

:)

L N Ramawat, Oct 20, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

3. how to change boot loader from grub (linux) to windows ?

I have dual boot BOSS linux and windows 10. I want to change my boot loader from grub to windows. So plz guide me on how from change grub to windows

shekarbalakrishnan, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

GRUB boot loader failing again and again!

Booting GRLDR

during install did it ever give the option as to which boot loader youd like to use? because sounds like your boot loader is F@#$%d you can pop in the disk and try reinstalling the boot loader or you can reinstall the OS and i suggest using GRUB

Solaris17, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

GRUB boot loader failing again and again!

1. GRUB boot loader failing again and again! - Similar Threads - GRUB boot loader

2. GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system: I have a system that was previously installed with Ubuntu and now has Windows 11. Unfortunately it seems to still use the GRUB boot loader when booting initially. I've tried repairing the MBR using win11 installation media but this has not had any affect. Any suggestions?...
  3. GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system: I have a system that was previously installed with Ubuntu and now has Windows 11. Unfortunately it seems to still use the GRUB boot loader when booting initially. I've tried repairing the MBR using win11 installation media but this has not had any affect. Any suggestions?...
  4. Boot failing again and agian

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot failing again and agian: My pc is failing to boot up again and agin. I have tried removing battery but it won't boot up. It has stuck in a boot loop. I can't access my bios because of it. Also no function key is able to give any output because of this problem. I hope you can help me by giving some...
  5. Boot failing again and agian

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot failing again and agian: My pc is failing to boot up again and agin. I have tried removing battery but it won't boot up. It has stuck in a boot loop. I can't access my bios because of it. Also no function key is able to give any output because of this problem. I hope you can help me by giving some...
  6. Boot failing again and agian

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Win 10 - KB5003673 fails, again and again and again...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 - KB5003673 fails, again and again and again...: I get error 0x800f0922 when installing the KB5003673 w10 Pro 2004. This has happened dozens of times and each time I try a different suggested fix.This system was originally running 20H2 when a disk error forced me to do a clean install.The original partition table was:1...
  8. Microsoft Planning FAILS Again, and Again, and ...

Microsoft Planning FAILS Again, and Again, and ...: Since 2013, Microsoft has only degraded its OS and all MSOffice programs and functions. Why are sheeple still paying for this junkware? No one ever wanted this shetteh tab bar system that was forced into the used to be fabulous MS system. The Menu system was flawless. This...
  9. Windows Update fails again - and again, and again, etc!!

Windows Update fails again - and again, and again, etc!!: My desktop is running Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.371. After many months and dozens of attempts, the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1803 ALWAYS FAILS. In the process of failing it usually leaves the computer at least hung, and often unusable/unbootable....
  10. Grub Loader missing

Grub Loader missing: my Dual boot of ubuntu is missing after i installed virtual box in windows 10 so how to get my grub boot up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-loader-missing/d1c8b7a8-e788-48c3-836c-92911aef2ccc