Windows 10: Grub rescue after reseting bios

Discus and support Grub rescue after reseting bios in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've installed linux manjaro two times before , in the first time I installed it and used window's efi partition then I deleted it and deleted manjaro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by amanyahmed-400, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Grub rescue after reseting bios

I've installed linux manjaro two times before , in the first time I installed it and used window's efi partition then I deleted it and deleted manjaro from the efi partition and fixed the bootloader ,in the second time I installed it with separate efi partition then I deleted it and deleted efi partition and fixed windows bootloader .
    *I deleted it in the first time because the grub menu wasn't appearing and I don't know the reason untill now so I reinstalled it and deleted it in the first time to use it on another pc*
    And know I have windows only , My problem now is when I reset bios setting and device start working I find grub rescue problem I can solve it easily by fixixing booloader using CMD from bootable USB
    By using this commands

bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr

But I can see the proplem again after reseting bios again
    I wish from you to help me and thanks
    for guys that will tell me To leave it as it is I only want to solve it to make sure that my device hasn't any problems

:)

amanyahmed-400, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Sunil_s93 Win User

Grub rescue

My laptop is already in off condition, I'm not able to do the first step itself. As soon as I turn on the laptop, grub rescue command appears. What to do in this situation?

Sunil_s93, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Grub Rescue.

Hello Kaustubh,

Noting the details that you have provided.

Generally speaking, the most common reason for this error is due to a misconfigured bootloader file. While installing Ubuntu in Windows, a part of Grub lives in the Master Boot Record (MBR), while the other parts live in the Linux boot partition. That is
    to say, although the Ubuntu partition is deleted, Grub is still in MBR. In addition, the active partition is not set correctly. As a result, on the startup of operating system Windows 10, you receive such an error of
    no such partition grub rescue.

To resolve this, let us go ahead and try to run the automatic Startup Repair feature using the Windows installation media that you have. If you do not have the Windows 10 installation media, you can click on this

link
    to download it first. Afterwards, you can follow the steps below on how you can perform the Startup Repair:

• Boot your computer using the installation media by inserting the DVD or USB flash drive and restarting your computer.
    • Once you see a message saying Press any key to boot from DVD, press
      Enter. (If you do not see this message, you might need to change the boot priority order in your computer’s
      BIOS settings to have the DVD as the first boot priority.)
      • Note: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
        that any problems resulting from the configuring of
        BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.
    • Once you see the Install Windows page, click
      Repair your computer
    • On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click Startup Repair.

Once the repair is finished, you should be able to boot your computer as normal. However, if the issue persists, we recommend that you reset your computer. The link below would give you the steps on resetting your PC without having to lose your personal
    files saved on your computer:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Grub rescue after reseting bios

grub rescue

i had dual os in my pc (linux + win 10) i did system restore on windows 10 after the auto restart . it got stuck in grub rescue mode. what do i do now ?.

(even after trying commands set root=(hd0,msdos8)

set prefix=(hdo,msdos8)/boot/grub

insmod normal( after this it says;error : no such partition))

madmonk_532, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Grub rescue after reseting bios

1. Grub rescue after reseting bios - Similar Threads - Grub rescue reseting

2. GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error: I am looking to fix this GRUB rescue issue on my computer, last night i shut my PC down before heading off to bed, i turn my PC on this morning and it shows up with a grub rescue command type layput on my screens....
  3. GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error: I am looking to fix this GRUB rescue issue on my computer, last night i shut my PC down before heading off to bed, i turn my PC on this morning and it shows up with a grub rescue command type layput on my screens....
  4. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grub Rescue: Eh, Another issues i have, Is grub rescue I have a CD disk with windows and when boot it in it gets stuck at 20 now before it was 13 can someone help me. I use a acer e5-571 I tried using a USB but it takes me back to grub....
  5. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grub Rescue: Eh, Another issues i have, Is grub rescue I have a CD disk with windows and when boot it in it gets stuck at 20 now before it was 13 can someone help me. I use a acer e5-571 I tried using a USB but it takes me back to grub....
  6. Grub Rescue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Grub rescue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grub rescue: I install kali linux 2020.2 dual boot with win10 but in the etap of install of Grub it say cannt install grub in dummy so i skip this etap and finish the installation of kali....put when i rebout my laptop i get this error :no such partition Grub rescue> So when i write:...
  8. Grub rescue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Grub rescue: [IMG]after this unable to go farward https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue/2adc48a2-6601-4988-8e00-59c66e7b20d7
  9. grub rescue error

in Windows 10 Customization
    grub rescue error: After adding Ubuntu along side my windows os I reboot to get "Grub Rescue Mode" errors. How to correct so I can boot to windows or DOS or something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue-error/ee2707d3-feba-4a42-a0e9-4e8506c9a113
  10. grub rescue mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    grub rescue mode: After deleting linux partition, windows is not loading up . It directly goes to grub rescue mode . I have tried all the tutorials in youtube and none help. Plz help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grub-rescue-mode/5ba14728-0d5e-44c5-b2fb-3296080ec194