Windows 10: gs wavetable no midi sound

Discus and support gs wavetable no midi sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a program called Notation Composer and the sound on this was fine on Windows 7 playing midi sheet music. Now I have no midi sound. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ash55, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ash55 Win User

gs wavetable no midi sound

I'm using a program called Notation Composer and the sound on this was fine on Windows 7 playing midi sheet music. Now I have no midi sound. I've checked the setting in the software and all is OK as is a midi file when I play it stand alone. Any ideas anyone?

:)

ash55, Sep 25, 2015
  2. Mill Garu Win User

I can't find Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.

Hello? I can't find Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth from midi port list.

gs wavetable no midi sound [​IMG]

Therefore, I only use MIDI Yoke port to play midi.

How can I restore Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth?

Mill Garu, Sep 25, 2015
  3. GrayFox72 Win User
    Attempts to open MIDI Mapper or GS Wavetable Synth fail in Windows 10

In executing my Music composition program in Windows 10, the program indicates that NO MIDI output device is assigned. OK. I will assign one. I am offered either of two choices, both worked in my Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit system. These are: MIDI Mapper or Microsoft
    GS Wavetable Synth. In either case I get the following error:

Error 1003003 opening: MIDI Mapper.

OR

Error 1003003 opening: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.

MIDI Output Device: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth - not found.

Oddly enough, after selecting either, getting the error message yet continuing, the program works just fine. Sound is produced!

Unfortunately, I still have to go through the same process of selecting the MIDI Output device every time I execute the program.

This is very annoying (and I consider it a Windows 10 "bug", particularly since in Windows 8.1 the program worked perfectly). Suggestions? Comments? Solutions? Please! (FYI: Program is Jammer 6 Pro. I plan to try Band-In-the-Box next.).

GrayFox72, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

gs wavetable no midi sound

1. gs wavetable no midi sound - Similar Threads - wavetable midi sound

2. Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth just stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth just stopped working: Hi! Short story: the integrated MIDI does not work in Windows 10 x64Longer story: Been experimenting with VirtualMidiSynth. Loaded soundfonts....everything was fine, I could choose between GS Wavetable and VirtualMidi whenever I wished. Then I did this:...
  3. why does my gs wavetable midi synth say disabled on win 11 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my gs wavetable midi synth say disabled on win 11 pro?: why does my gs wavetable midi synth say disabled on win 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-gs-wavetable-midi-synth-say-disabled/db716022-2fda-4e77-940d-efe697d94097
  4. why does my gs wavetable midi synth say disabled on win 11 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my gs wavetable midi synth say disabled on win 11 pro?: why does my gs wavetable midi synth say disabled on win 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-gs-wavetable-midi-synth-say-disabled/db716022-2fda-4e77-940d-efe697d94097
  5. Windows 11 virtual midi MS GS Wavetable synth input output dll files and registry entries?

Windows 11 virtual midi MS GS Wavetable synth input output dll files and registry entries?: No, restore point doesnt work here. Windows 11 virtual midi MS GS Wavetable synth input output dll files and registry entries? Where is it and how do I get it back?I cannot play midi with Windows media player and I cannot use my pc keyboard as midi.How do I get that...
  6. GS Wavetable synth settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GS Wavetable synth settings?: Is there a way to modify the settings of GS Wavetable synth, or to at least choose an instrument in Digital Audio Workspaces that allow you to output to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gs-wavetable-synth-settings/3828eeee-46bb-434c-8799-1625ffae8ce7
  7. GS Wavetable synth settings?

GS Wavetable synth settings?: Is there a way to modify the settings of GS Wavetable synth, or to at least choose an instrument in Digital Audio Workspaces that allow you to output to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gs-wavetable-synth-settings/3828eeee-46bb-434c-8799-1625ffae8ce7
  8. MS GS Wavetable synth distorted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS GS Wavetable synth distorted: MS GS Wavetable synth is distorted, how to fix? Other audio programs are fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-gs-wavetable-synth-distorted/52e250a3-f578-4a4b-9990-1054cd5a4cd7
  9. Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth is forced over General MIDI devices [S3&K COLLECTION]

Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth is forced over General MIDI devices [S3&K COLLECTION]: Hello, I've been trying to get Sonic & Knuckles Collection to play over General MIDI devices. I expected GM to be default, but I was wrong. It would play through CoolSoft's VirtualMIDISynth, but not GM. I closed CSVMS then re-opened Sonic & Knuckles Collection, booted up...
  10. Completely Disabling MS GS WAVETABLE SYNTH

Completely Disabling MS GS WAVETABLE SYNTH: So I'm trying to use ASIO4ALL with Studio One for audio production (which requires Exclusive Mode on my audio inderface), and all of a sudden, I'm getting an error because it says MS GS WAVETABLE SYNTH is enabled. I've looked in all the forums I can find on multiple websites,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not opening microsoft gs wavetable synth when opening studio one4