Windows 10: Gsdll32.dll error message opening .AI files

Discus and support Gsdll32.dll error message opening .AI files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm a long time user of the excellent IrfanView for image files viewing and some basic editing. As most of you probably know, it supports a wide range... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paultx, May 4, 2021.

1. Paultx Win User

Gsdll32.dll error message opening .AI files

I'm a long time user of the excellent IrfanView for image files viewing and some basic editing. As most of you probably know, it supports a wide range of image file formats, .AI files included. The problem is that it can open some but not all .AI files. When it fails to open certain .AI files, it shows this message: I asked about that in the IrfanView forum, and one of its moderators said about that issue: "Some AI files contain PDF data, others do not." He also quoted a member from another forum as follows: From the Serif Forums Most applications that can import AI files require the AI file to be saved with PDF data, which is the default in Illustrator unless someone disables it. The PDF portion is what is actually being opened. The PDF portion is the one "standard" format in AI files--the AI file format changes with just about every iteration (dot releases included). Which is why even say AI 5.5 may have issues opening a CS6 file. I don't know of any non-Adobe applications that actually open the AI native format since about AI version 10 or so. AI since then has been PDF-based in its file format, before that it was EPS-based. Mike So I understand those files IrfanView can't open are probably PDF-based and the problem is not GhostscriptI installed its latest version and the issue persists. Do you know of a way I can fix that, maybe a tool to convert those .AI files IrfanView can't open, but keeping the .AI format? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.964

:)

Paultx, May 4, 2021
  2. Paultx Win User

I'm a long time user of the excellent IrfanView for image files viewing and some basic editing. As most of you probably know, it supports a wide range of image file formats, .AI files included.

The problem is that it can open some but not all .AI files.

Gsdll32.dll error message opening .AI files [​IMG]

When it fails to open certain .AI files, it shows this message:

Gsdll32.dll error message opening .AI files [​IMG]

I asked about that in the IrfanView forum, and one of its moderators said about that issue: "Some AI files contain PDF data, others do not." He also quoted a member from another forum as follows:

From the Serif Forums

Most applications that can import AI files require the AI file to be saved with PDF data, which is the default in Illustrator unless someone disables it. The PDF portion is what is actually being opened. The PDF portion is the one "standard" format in AI files--the AI file format changes with just about every iteration (dot releases included). Which is why even say AI 5.5 may have issues opening a CS6 file.

I don't know of any non-Adobe applications that actually open the AI native format since about AI version 10 or so. AI since then has been PDF-based in its file format, before that it was EPS-based.

Mike

So I understand those files IrfanView can't open are probably PDF-based and the problem is not Ghostscript—I installed its latest version and the issue persists.

Do you know of a way I can fix that, maybe a tool to convert those .AI files IrfanView can't open, but keeping the .AI format?

TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.964

Paultx, May 4, 2021
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, May 4, 2021
  4. Gsdll32.dll error message opening .AI files

.dll Files open Windows Photo Viewer - Can I change this?

Hi Wyatt,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the pictures on your computer?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Does this issue persists only with the .dll files?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Check if the .dll files are set as default under Default programs.

• Press Windows key, type default programs
      and select Default Programs.
    • Click on Set your default programs.
    • Under Programs in the left pane, click on the program you wish to access photos with and click on
      Choose defaults for this program.
    • Under Extensions check if .dll
      is check marked or not. If not, check the box for .dll files.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing photos on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Gsdll32.dll error message opening .AI files - Similar Threads - Gsdll32 dll error

2. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": Hello.As you can see I install latest x86 32-bit: vc_redist.x86.exe and x64 64-bit: vc_redist.x64.exe. But it is have issues. I was clicking on WSASetting.exe....
  3. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": I am trying to run different applicationsgames on steam and epic games such as steam or epic games content. When I attempt to open the file my computer gives the pop-up message that "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...
  4. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": I am trying to run different applicationsgames on steam and epic games such as steam or epic games content. When I attempt to open the file my computer gives the pop-up message that "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the...
  5. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: I wrote a Visual studio solution and then made an installed copy of it when I run the application this error appears every time. How can I fix it?...
  6. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: I wrote a Visual studio solution and then made an installed copy of it when I run the application this error appears every time. How can I fix it?...
  7. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: For the past couple of days, I am getting an error message every time I switch on my Laptop. It says: "you are attempting to open a file of type 'system file' .dll".I looked up the solution on Google and I came across this answer by Barb Bowman.I did what she said but it...
  8. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll: For the past couple of days, I am getting an error message every time I switch on my Laptop. It says: "you are attempting to open a file of type 'system file' .dll".I looked up the solution on Google and I came across this answer by Barb Bowman.I did what she said but it...
  9. An error message about attempting to open file of type 'System File' .dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Error message MSVCR100.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message MSVCR100.dll: How do I fix this error message. It says something is missing and cannot open certain programs. Checked on line but Windows 10 fix is not listed. 15397