Windows 10: GTA IV and GTA EFLC makes a comback on Windows 10

Discus and support GTA IV and GTA EFLC makes a comback on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When Windows 10 came out GTA IV did not work on it. Eventually some people managed to get it working. It became even more of a problem when Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MisterEd, Apr 1, 2020.

1. MisterEd Win User

GTA IV and GTA EFLC makes a comback on Windows 10

When Windows 10 came out GTA IV did not work on it. Eventually some people managed to get it working. It became even more of a problem when Microsoft pulled the plug on Games for Windows Live. At that point Steam stopped selling it.

All that changed on March 19, 2020 when Rockstar released GTA IV: Complete Edition. This program combines GTA IV and GTA EFLC (Episodes from Liberty City). Steam then started selling GTA IV: Complete Edition on March 24. People who had GTA IV or GTA EFLC in their Steam Library received a free upgrade to the new program. It was announce that people with disc versions of GTA IV or GTA EFLC would be able receive a free upgrade to GTA IV: Complete Edition at some later date.

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
    Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition on Steam

GTAIV: Complete Edition Now Available on the Rockstar Games Launcher and Steam
    GTAIV: Complete Edition Now Available on the Rockstar Games Launcher and Steam

Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City updates to remove Games for Windows Live
    Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City updates to remove Games for Windows Live - Rockstar Games Customer Support

:)

MisterEd, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

how to run gta in windows 10

Hi Shashwat,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Which version of GTA are you using?
    • Is the issue specific to GTA game?
    • When you say 'cannot run on 600*400*32' are you referring to screen resolution?

If yes I suggest you to follow the steps below and check.

• Type Change the Screen resolution on Search
      and hit Enter.
    • Under Resolution change to Recommended settings.

Do let us know if you are able to play GTA game in Windows 10. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 1, 2020
  3. MisterEd Win User
    Gta 4 iv crashes on start

I built my new computer three years ago with Windows 10. I could not get GTA IV or GTA EFLC to work with it. A month ago I decided to try again. I finally got both working with Windows 10.

1. Release Date Check.
    Problem: would always fail
    Solution: Stop when asked to do that, change the year on the PC to 2013, continue with the installation, when finished return the year to the current year

2. Run the official GTA IV Patch 8

3. Games for Windows Live

Problem: Game could not connect to it to login.
    Solution: Games for Windows Live has been shut down. Get XLiveLess to make up for that.

GTA IV should work now. I detest having to insert the disc every time I run the game. To solve that I use the same little fix you do.

I also have GTA EFLC. I used similar steps to get it to work in Windows 10.

MisterEd, Apr 1, 2020
  4. rjamaan Win User

GTA 4 and GTA 5 Not compatible on Windows 10

Dear Sir/Ma'am

I bought Asus Notebook MODEL No.:A555LF Dated on April 2016 with WINDOWS 10, 64-bit OS.

Please fix this problem and send updates for Windows 10 because i'm facing problem i couldn't play Gta 4 and Gta 5 and games which is run(Compatible) on Windows Xp, Vista, 7

I'm eagerly waiting for this..

With Regards

Amaan

rjamaan, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. GTA IV and GTA EFLC makes a comback on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - GTA GTA EFLC

2. Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?: I have Windows 7I have GTA IV with the GFWL disc installedI also have GFWL marketWill GTA IV still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 like can I still play it after I upgrade?...
  3. Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?: I have Windows 7I have GTA IV with the GFWL disc installedI also have GFWL marketWill GTA IV still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 like can I still play it after I upgrade?...
  4. Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. GTA IV fail to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA IV fail to launch: I having problems launching GTA iv on windows 10 after I have installed and date check passed. 170974
  6. GTA IV on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA IV on Windows 10: How can I play GTA IV on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-iv-on-windows-10/1e7f29c6-c467-468a-971b-af7c683e7bda
  7. gta 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta 4: I just bought gta 4 on steam and I can not play at all. please help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-4/cb7845aa-5b9f-4909-b9cd-5a524cba2476
  8. Gta 4 iv crashes on start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 4 iv crashes on start: so i install gta 4 via cd and everything ok... and when i start it up: black black and then it just crashes! can you help me? i even tried the razor crack but still nothing (sorry for the slovak in the screenshot) 152356
  9. Why I can't sign in to Games for Windows in PC in GTA IV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't sign in to Games for Windows in PC in GTA IV: Good evening, In the last 2 days when I'd like to play with GTA IV on Steam, I cannot login to Games for Windows, because I getveindoe with this message: This profile could not be signed in to LIVE. there may be abnetwork problem or the Windows Live ID service may not be...
  10. GTA IV NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA IV NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 10: HI i have orignal disk of gta 4 and it is working on my old hp laptop which having windows 7 now i have buy acer predator i5 8thgen and my gta 4 is not working so i reduse my display size from gta 4 properties so now it gets run but i cant use the game on high graphics...