Windows 10: GTA V lags a lot

Discus and support GTA V lags a lot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. My PC specs are as listed:-Intel UHD 620Core i5-8250U8 GB RAM4 Cores128 MB dedicated memory4 GB shared video memoryThough, my pc meets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Navish Sharma, May 27, 2021.

1. GTA V lags a lot

Hello Everyone. My PC specs are as listed:-Intel UHD 620Core i5-8250U8 GB RAM4 Cores128 MB dedicated memory4 GB shared video memoryThough, my pc meets the recommended requirements, GTA V still lags a lot. Minor FPS drops are ok. But when I drive, the game starts lagging a lot. CPU temperature remains the same. i.e., 80' C. Only 3-4'C increase is seen. GPU is also 60-70% and is same. Now, RAM usage increases from 5 GB to 8 GB. Memory increases from 250 MB to 600 MB. Idk why is it all happening. I achieve 60 FPS very easily on foot. I have set super low settings. Everything looks trash. Even 4 G

:)

Navish Sharma, May 27, 2021

2. How to fix GTA 5 lag?

I understand your reply.i have so much enough space on my HDD.

I played tomb raider game without any lags its working smoothly but when i playing gta v its making cpu,memory to 100%usage.i tried some tricks also but i didnt seen any result.

I know its(gta v) working smoothly on 8gb of ram,4gb of intel hd graphics 610,2.3GHz.

I just want to know how can i solve gta v lagging like by changing any setting to my laptop.

"Gta v game lagging mainly when i driving fast" and its still continuously lagging till i close the game.

PRABHUKIRAN, May 27, 2021
  3. Suman_B Win User
    GTA V on PC.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to change the fps to 30fps in the settings on PC GTA V, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Where do you see the option to change the FPS?

Usually, FPS of games cannot be changed, as it depends on the system configuration you are using. In GTA V, there is an option to change the refresh rate of the monitor which is available under settings.

Ideally, refresh rate and FPS are different from each other and the refresh rate of the monitor will not affect the FPS produced by the game. As FPS is the frames generated by the game in one second, and the refresh rate is the cycle which the monitor
    uses to redraw the screen. However, if the FPS is higher than the refresh rate of the monitor, then the monitor will not be able to display all the frames correctly.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, May 27, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

GTA V lags a lot

how to run gta in windows 10

Hi Shashwat,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Which version of GTA are you using?
    • Is the issue specific to GTA game?
    • When you say 'cannot run on 600*400*32' are you referring to screen resolution?

If yes I suggest you to follow the steps below and check.

• Type Change the Screen resolution on Search
      and hit Enter.
    • Under Resolution change to Recommended settings.

Do let us know if you are able to play GTA game in Windows 10. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 27, 2021
Thema:

GTA V lags a lot

1. GTA V lags a lot - Similar Threads - GTA lags lot

2. GTA V ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTA V ERROR: I tried all the ways possibile,but my game keeps saying the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close applicatonPlease help me i just got the game...
  3. Downloading GTA V

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading GTA V: I bought GTA V off of the microsoft store and cant find it on my windows 10. Anyone have any suggestions? I have checked my app store but i cant find it. The email it was sent to was a different one than what my main is but i still own that account. I am not sure how to...
  4. BSOD with GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with GTA V: Hi i have a problem since about a month. When i want to play GTA 5 im good for about 10-15 minutes and then my PC crashes with CLOCK-WATCHDOG-TIMEOUT error. When i tried to stress my gpu and cpu they were fine and no crashes ocurred. No changes to PC were made when this...
  5. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: A few days ago i downloaded GTA V for free from Epic Games. After installing the game, it automatically downloads Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched it, it tells me to sign in or make an account, so i made one and then it proceeds to the launcher. At first I didn't get...
  6. gta v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta v: sir....... excuse me if i written something wrong because i cant speak English very well last week i downloaded gta v rebak but it cant play very well because it have a shutter and lag i play it offline but she is slow that my computer info and graphic is intel...
  7. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: If I buy GTA V from the microsoft store on pc can I then download it on my PC and then play with xbox online players? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v/4bf453e9-3b71-4a48-97c0-0f5d1409c301
  8. Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of stutter lag in games like GTA V and Jedi Fallen Order: I’ve been playing a lot of GTA and Star Wars recently but it’s almost unplayable because of the amount of stutter lag I receive. I’ve tried everything from changing the graphics settings in game to changing some settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I’ve even tried restarting...
  9. GTA 5 Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lagging: [IMG]My problem not solved after updating Windows. I having same problem memory continuously increasing while playing only gta 5, you can see in the above picture. So try to give me some idea's to solve memory leaking....
  10. GTA V on PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTA V on PC.: How do I change the fps to 30fps in the settings on PC GTA V? All i see is 60fps and 144fps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v-on-pc/90002990-d282-4967-baf9-94eac21482a9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is gta 5 lagging after 5 minute on intel hd graphic

2. gta 5 keepa lagging despite altering the graphics and display settings