Windows 10: GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

Discus and support GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having this issue in every Insider build post-Creators Update and I was hoping you guys could help me figure it out. In GTA, when I go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by blackroseMD1, Jul 12, 2017.

1. GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

I've been having this issue in every Insider build post-Creators Update and I was hoping you guys could help me figure it out. In GTA, when I go into somewhere that requires a transition scene, like going into my apartment, bunker or yacht, GTA will occasionally hang. Even if I'm in the Steam overlay and chatting, everything will just hang. I can get back in game and playing by hitting ctrl+alt+delete, clicking cancel and maximizing the game from the taskbar. It doesn't happen every single time I go into those places, but just randomly and often enough to be very annoying.

Here's what popped up in Event Viewer when I had it happen to me a few minutes ago, as I was testing GTA on today's Insider build (16241):

General tab:
    Details tab - Friendly view:
    Thanks in advance for any help.

-Brian

:)

blackroseMD1, Jul 12, 2017

2. Your profile don't have permission to play online how do I fix that

How to get permission to play online GTA GTA v

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DwayneGregory, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ?

Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ? If not, where and how can I buy online key code for Windows 8.1 (secured) ?

TX

Original title> GTA V

DirkStragier, Jul 12, 2017
  4. GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

Blackrose; you have both insider and non insider builds on your system, right? Is that only happening on the insider build? I don't run insider builds but fired GTAV up just for a minute with no issues.

As far as interpreting the "friendly view", ya well that's not friendly to me.

specialkone, Jul 13, 2017
  5. Yeah, it only occurs on Insider builds post-15063. Works fine on Creators Update and earlier. I'm just hoping to figure out the root cause as it doesn't seem to be a common issue (at least according to the number of upvotes on Feedback Hub) and I'd like to be able to submit helpful feedback to the Hub so that whatever is causing it can be fixed before the Fall CU rolls out.

blackroseMD1, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Well thank you for that. Please make sure you play ALL the games I like on the insider build so I will have no issues with the Fall CU. *Wink

Still thinking of taking programming courses as a hobby. Hey Brink, essenbe or anybody who knows, what kind of courses would you have to take to interpret these "friendly" event viewer messages????

7. Dude Win User
  8. Dude Win User

GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

Start here
    BSOD Analysis - Getting Started - Windows 7 Help Forums

And here
    Windows 10 Tutorials

9. You know what...I bet that's exactly what it is. I have V-Sync enabled for GTA V through the Nvidia Control Panel, but I still see my framerate shoot up to 280+ during those transition scenes. I'm gonna try to frame limit GTA V via Nvidia Profile Inspector and see if that fixes the issue. I'll report back this evening after dinner.

Thanks Dude.

10. Dude Win User
    Good luck

11. essenbe Win User
    @specialkone, @Dude knows how to do BSODs. He just doesn't want anyone to know that.

essenbe, Jul 13, 2017
  12. Dude Win User
    Nowhere near as good as you @essenbe BSOD analysis takes a lot of time

13. GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

Yes, I think I just witnessed that. Must be from all his practice at resolving overclock BSOD's.

DUDE I PROMISE I WON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THESE ADDITIONAL SECRET BSOD TALENTS YOU HAVE. *Smile.

I'll just occasionally remind you of our friendship.

14. Well, I have no idea what's going on.

Limited the framerate to 100 FPS, tried to drive into my bunker and the game hung.

This time there was nothing in the Event Viewer.

Limited the framerate to 72 FPS, drove into the bunker and hung. Tried to ctrl+alt+del to get back like I usually do, and the game crashed.

GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build [​IMG]

GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build [​IMG]

Turned off my self-radio, since .mp3 showed up in the Event viewer log, and was able to drive in without it hanging.

Checked out a couple other spots and it was fine. Came back to my bunker and it hung again. Again, with nothing in Event Viewer.

Weird.

15. Dude Win User
    Try playing without the steam overlay

Thema:

GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

1. GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build - Similar Threads - GTA Online issues

2. GTA V not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V not opening: Hi, My GTA V copy doesn't open whenever I try to open it, It shows suspended in the task manager and terminated in Resource Monitor.I tried to install whatever it required but still not workingHere's my system infoOS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version...
  3. GTA V not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GTA V not opening: Hi, My GTA V copy doesn't open whenever I try to open it, It shows suspended in the task manager and terminated in Resource Monitor.I tried to install whatever it required but still not workingHere's my system infoOS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version...
  4. GTA V ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTA V ERROR: I tried all the ways possibile,but my game keeps saying the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close applicatonPlease help me i just got the game...
  5. Downloading GTA V

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading GTA V: I bought GTA V off of the microsoft store and cant find it on my windows 10. Anyone have any suggestions? I have checked my app store but i cant find it. The email it was sent to was a different one than what my main is but i still own that account. I am not sure how to...
  6. BSOD with GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with GTA V: Hi i have a problem since about a month. When i want to play GTA 5 im good for about 10-15 minutes and then my PC crashes with CLOCK-WATCHDOG-TIMEOUT error. When i tried to stress my gpu and cpu they were fine and no crashes ocurred. No changes to PC were made when this...
  7. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: A few days ago i downloaded GTA V for free from Epic Games. After installing the game, it automatically downloads Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched it, it tells me to sign in or make an account, so i made one and then it proceeds to the launcher. At first I didn't get...
  8. gta v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta v: sir....... excuse me if i written something wrong because i cant speak English very well last week i downloaded gta v rebak but it cant play very well because it have a shutter and lag i play it offline but she is slow that my computer info and graphic is intel...
  9. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: If I buy GTA V from the microsoft store on pc can I then download it on my PC and then play with xbox online players? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v/4bf453e9-3b71-4a48-97c0-0f5d1409c301
  10. GTA V on PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTA V on PC.: How do I change the fps to 30fps in the settings on PC GTA V? All i see is 60fps and 144fps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v-on-pc/90002990-d282-4967-baf9-94eac21482a9