Windows 10: GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

Discus and support GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Try playing without the steam overlay Just tried that and it didn't work. Went into windowed mode so that I could record with GameDVR to show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by blackroseMD1, Jul 12, 2017.

1. GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

Just tried that and it didn't work. Went into windowed mode so that I could record with GameDVR to show the issue and I was able to enter and exit my bunker and a couple of my other buildings without issue. I'm gonna try it on borderless and see if the issue occurs.

blackroseMD1, Jul 13, 2017

2. Looks like borderless or windowed mode works as a workaround, as I just spent half an hour doing nothing but going in and out of places where the hangs would happen and didn't get a single hang.

Not a perfect solution, and I'm still really curious as to why this is happening, but at least the game is playable now.

3. Blackrose; doesn't borderless or windowed mode turn off SLI? What if you use full screen with SLI off in Nvidia control panel. Is SLI the problem, or said the right way, the insider build not handling SLI?

specialkone, Jul 13, 2017
  4. GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

I can't find solid answer on if SLI is disabled in borderless, although I did notice a pretty big performance hit, so I wouldn't doubt it. SLI doesn't seem to be the problem, as that was one of the first things I checked and the issue still occurs when running just a single card.

5. Dude Win User
    Not sure about the SLI stuff, but wonder if it is a memory thing. Have you tried increasing your page file size?

6. Gave that a shot after I saw your post. Unfortunately, doesn't resolve the issue, and there's nothing in Event Viewer. Thanks for the idea though.

blackroseMD1, Jul 14, 2017
  7. Dude Win User
    Well darn, I hope you figure it out

8. GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

Thanks. I'm gonna keep messing around with it. Maybe I will, or maybe Microsoft/Rockstar will fix whatever the issue is in a build or patch.

blackroseMD1, Jul 14, 2017
  9. I play GTAV every week now for the last 2 years & have had all the problems you can think of.

One of the Rockstar tips is to set port forwarding up on your modem/router to ensure you talk to the correct port at Rockstar servers.

Get your modem signal checked out to make sure you have a 50db plus signal on it to ensure good connection.

Complain straight to Rockstar who will keep you at Tier 1 Level support for as long as they can, if it goes to Teir 2 support you won't hear from them again & it will be a update patch you have logged with them to cure.

The most common reason for lag like when you have come out of a heist is you were in a room with a modder who tried to hack social club so they firewalled your social club or do you see that notification "Failed to save", thats either an error at R* or modder tools causing firewall in the room the room you are in via social club.

As for pre CU, GTAV was working fine until CU came out, I asked them why I was crashing & they said they was working on it & since then it works fine, so I assume that the re-programming for CU makes pre CU editions crash out.

R* work closely with Microsoft to match all the updates to keep GTAV working so really if your not up to date you are just asking to crash/hang if you do not keep the software up to date for this tremendous game (fyi - I am L400 + genuine level)...

Regards

RB

RoadBlaster, Jul 19, 2017
  10. My GTA Online sessions are generally fine. The game hanging while entering or exiting certain buildings is really the only issue, and it only occurs if I'm running a Windows 10 Insider build that came out after the CU. I was trying to pinpoint exactly why it was happening, but wasn't able to and finally just rolled back to the Creators Update. Hopefully whatever is causing it is fixed before the Fall Creators Update comes out.

I agree, it's a tremendous game. I'm at 1320 hours in GTA Online, rank 434. I've taken a bit of a break lately to try to thin out the backlog in my Steam library, but I'm sure I'll be back to playing again everyday once the next big update drops.

blackroseMD1, Jul 22, 2017
  11. I am not an insider build user but I believe I got CU update before it was the officialy released & it was at that point it crashed on GTAV, I opened a ticket with Rockstar & their reply was that they were working on it.

So if they release the new update to non insider builds, I will wait untill the official release to stop my game from crashing as it runs really smooth & the latest updates we have had seem to have improved my graphics on gtav quite alot (those zig zag reflections are not so visible anymore) but I am only using a 1050 Ti.

Regards

RB

RoadBlaster, Jul 29, 2017
  12. Looks like this is solved in the newest Skip Ahead (16257.1000) build.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build

1. GTA V/Online issues with every post-CU Insider build - Similar Threads - GTA Online issues

2. GTA V not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V not opening: Hi, My GTA V copy doesn't open whenever I try to open it, It shows suspended in the task manager and terminated in Resource Monitor.I tried to install whatever it required but still not workingHere's my system infoOS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version...
  3. GTA V not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GTA V not opening: Hi, My GTA V copy doesn't open whenever I try to open it, It shows suspended in the task manager and terminated in Resource Monitor.I tried to install whatever it required but still not workingHere's my system infoOS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version...
  4. GTA V ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTA V ERROR: I tried all the ways possibile,but my game keeps saying the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close applicatonPlease help me i just got the game...
  5. Downloading GTA V

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading GTA V: I bought GTA V off of the microsoft store and cant find it on my windows 10. Anyone have any suggestions? I have checked my app store but i cant find it. The email it was sent to was a different one than what my main is but i still own that account. I am not sure how to...
  6. BSOD with GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with GTA V: Hi i have a problem since about a month. When i want to play GTA 5 im good for about 10-15 minutes and then my PC crashes with CLOCK-WATCHDOG-TIMEOUT error. When i tried to stress my gpu and cpu they were fine and no crashes ocurred. No changes to PC were made when this...
  7. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: A few days ago i downloaded GTA V for free from Epic Games. After installing the game, it automatically downloads Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched it, it tells me to sign in or make an account, so i made one and then it proceeds to the launcher. At first I didn't get...
  8. gta v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta v: sir....... excuse me if i written something wrong because i cant speak English very well last week i downloaded gta v rebak but it cant play very well because it have a shutter and lag i play it offline but she is slow that my computer info and graphic is intel...
  9. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: If I buy GTA V from the microsoft store on pc can I then download it on my PC and then play with xbox online players? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v/4bf453e9-3b71-4a48-97c0-0f5d1409c301
  10. GTA V on PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTA V on PC.: How do I change the fps to 30fps in the settings on PC GTA V? All i see is 60fps and 144fps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v-on-pc/90002990-d282-4967-baf9-94eac21482a9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GTA 10