Windows 10: GTA V runs slower after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support GTA V runs slower after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; before I upgraded I had windows 8.1, and the GTA ran well. I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and when I started to play it was slow. too slow. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jamess1, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jamess1 Win User

GTA V runs slower after windows 10 upgrade

before I upgraded I had windows 8.1, and the GTA ran well.
    I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and when I started to play it was slow. too slow.
    I don't have a very good computer, but it didn't bother the game to run well before, and now, when I start running the game it alerts me that my pc doesn't fit the system requirements. It never alerted that before.
    I have no idea what the reason is. please, help me *cry

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    RAM: 8 GB
    64 bit system

:)

Jamess1, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Mrxai Win User

windows 10 upograde from windos 7 asks to uninstall GTA V

I want to free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 . after dowload the windows app analises the PCand after it asks to uninstall GTA V because its not compatible with 10. the upgrade doesnt continue after this point unless I uninstall GTA V. I dont want
    to uninstall GTA V because I have a lot of saved games in it. please help

Mrxai, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ?

Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ? If not, where and how can I buy online key code for Windows 8.1 (secured) ?

TX

Original title> GTA V

DirkStragier, Jul 29, 2015
  4. GTA V runs slower after windows 10 upgrade

System Specs would be helpful CPU GPU ect.....

ComedyCarnage, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Jamess1 Win User
    technically, my system can't run GTA V, I don't know how it did it, but I don't argue with that lol.
    Oh, I forgot to mention: Now when I start running the GTA it alerts that my pc doesn't fit the system requirements.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    RAM: 8 GB
    64 bit system

Jamess1, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Uninstall and reinstall your graphics card driver. Something may have gone wonky during the upgrade.

I'm not sure that Nvidia has put out Windows 10 drivers for the 500 series cards. You may be stuck using the 8.1 drivers for now. Either way, though, I'd still reinstall your GPU driver.

GTA V actually ran quite a bit faster for me after going from 8.1 to 10.

blackroseMD1, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Jamess1 Win User
    I can't believe I solved it! I just had to update the graphic card. I did it before you answered it, when I searched for my graphic card's name, and only now I checked the game lol

thank you so much, ComedyCarnage and blackroseMD1! *Biggrin

Jamess1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GTA V runs slower after windows 10 upgrade

1. GTA V runs slower after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - GTA runs slower

2. GTA V ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTA V ERROR: I tried all the ways possibile,but my game keeps saying the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b. Click OK to close applicatonPlease help me i just got the game...
  3. BSOD with GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with GTA V: Hi i have a problem since about a month. When i want to play GTA 5 im good for about 10-15 minutes and then my PC crashes with CLOCK-WATCHDOG-TIMEOUT error. When i tried to stress my gpu and cpu they were fine and no crashes ocurred. No changes to PC were made when this...
  4. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: A few days ago i downloaded GTA V for free from Epic Games. After installing the game, it automatically downloads Rockstar Games Launcher. When I launched it, it tells me to sign in or make an account, so i made one and then it proceeds to the launcher. At first I didn't get...
  5. gta v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta v: sir....... excuse me if i written something wrong because i cant speak English very well last week i downloaded gta v rebak but it cant play very well because it have a shutter and lag i play it offline but she is slow that my computer info and graphic is intel...
  6. GTA V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V: If I buy GTA V from the microsoft store on pc can I then download it on my PC and then play with xbox online players? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v/4bf453e9-3b71-4a48-97c0-0f5d1409c301
  7. GTA V on PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTA V on PC.: How do I change the fps to 30fps in the settings on PC GTA V? All i see is 60fps and 144fps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v-on-pc/90002990-d282-4967-baf9-94eac21482a9
  8. Why GTA V can't run on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why GTA V can't run on Windows 10?: when i run the gta5 setup in windows 10 64bit then setup take 9 hours and then it stop at 25.5% gta 5 is not supporting win 10 my specs is:- win 10 64bit geforce nvidia 960mx 2gb intel i5 7200u 7th gen...
  9. GTA V & Windows Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V & Windows Accounts: Hi all, I am a part of the Sevenforums so thought it was fitting to join here as i am now on Windows 10. Anyway on to my question. And this was also a problem on Windows 7 too. I have been having a issue in regards to what my Windows account name(Local accont on 10...
  10. BSOD after quitting GTA V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after quitting GTA V: As the title states my computer BSOD's after i quit GTA V, but only sometimes. The error message is: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE Never had any issues since i installed win10 about a year ago. (Have not played much GTA V since then either) 53542