Windows 10: GTA V & Windows Accounts

Discus and support GTA V & Windows Accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I am a part of the Sevenforums so thought it was fitting to join here as i am now on Windows 10. Anyway on to my question. And this was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Taylorig, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Taylorig Win User

GTA V & Windows Accounts

Hi all,

I am a part of the Sevenforums so thought it was fitting to join here as i am now on Windows 10.

Anyway on to my question. And this was also a problem on Windows 7 too.

I have been having a issue in regards to what my Windows account name(Local accont on 10 btw) and GTA V not liking it. Basically my name on my account is my real name (Makes sense...) which is "Ian". But on this account GTA V crashes on startup giving me the "GTA V launcher as stopped working" message. Now taking in to account that i have done Windows reinstalls and GTA V reinstalls also. The only thing that makes it work is creating another User account and giving it a different name. Works every time on the newly named account...

Now this isn't ideal as I don't want a separate account just for GTA V. But it seems that for some reason it doesn't like 3 lettered user account names.

Is there a way i can rename my original account properly? And then i can remove the second user account. I know i can just go in to "User accounts" and rename it there but that I believe isn't the answer.

Thanks in advance. Oh, and i have asked about this username issue on the R* forums to which i never got a answer.

EDIT: Well I figured out how to change my user account name properly and it still does the same thing. Stupid launcher by R* to blame for this... They even know about this issue that effects many people but refuse to comment on it.

:)

Taylorig, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Mrxai Win User

windows 10 upograde from windos 7 asks to uninstall GTA V

I want to free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 . after dowload the windows app analises the PCand after it asks to uninstall GTA V because its not compatible with 10. the upgrade doesnt continue after this point unless I uninstall GTA V. I dont want
    to uninstall GTA V because I have a lot of saved games in it. please help

Mrxai, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ?

Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ? If not, where and how can I buy online key code for Windows 8.1 (secured) ?

TX

Original title> GTA V

DirkStragier, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

GTA V & Windows Accounts

1. GTA V & Windows Accounts - Similar Threads - GTA Accounts

2. What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod?: What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-recommended-requirements-to-run-gta-v/c741dba5-73dd-4b80-bfdc-b4745a15d547
  3. What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod?: What are the recommended requirements to run GTA V FiveM and LSPDFR mod? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-recommended-requirements-to-run-gta-v/c741dba5-73dd-4b80-bfdc-b4745a15d547
  4. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  5. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  6. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  7. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  8. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...

Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...: Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from Untrusted Source Message: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am facing a critical issue with my Windows Security Services after downloading GTA 4...
  10. Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from...: Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed: Windows Security Services Disabled After Downloading GTA 4 from Untrusted Source Message: Hello Microsoft Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am facing a critical issue with my Windows Security Services after downloading GTA 4...