Windows 10: GTA V & Windows Accounts

Discus and support GTA V & Windows Accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I am a part of the Sevenforums so thought it was fitting to join here as i am now on Windows 10. Anyway on to my question. And this was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Taylorig, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Taylorig Win User

GTA V & Windows Accounts

Hi all,

I am a part of the Sevenforums so thought it was fitting to join here as i am now on Windows 10.

Anyway on to my question. And this was also a problem on Windows 7 too.

I have been having a issue in regards to what my Windows account name(Local accont on 10 btw) and GTA V not liking it. Basically my name on my account is my real name (Makes sense...) which is "Ian". But on this account GTA V crashes on startup giving me the "GTA V launcher as stopped working" message. Now taking in to account that i have done Windows reinstalls and GTA V reinstalls also. The only thing that makes it work is creating another User account and giving it a different name. Works every time on the newly named account...

Now this isn't ideal as I don't want a separate account just for GTA V. But it seems that for some reason it doesn't like 3 lettered user account names.

Is there a way i can rename my original account properly? And then i can remove the second user account. I know i can just go in to "User accounts" and rename it there but that I believe isn't the answer.

Thanks in advance. Oh, and i have asked about this username issue on the R* forums to which i never got a answer.

EDIT: Well I figured out how to change my user account name properly and it still does the same thing. Stupid launcher by R* to blame for this... They even know about this issue that effects many people but refuse to comment on it.

:)

Taylorig, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Mrxai Win User

windows 10 upograde from windos 7 asks to uninstall GTA V

I want to free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 . after dowload the windows app analises the PCand after it asks to uninstall GTA V because its not compatible with 10. the upgrade doesnt continue after this point unless I uninstall GTA V. I dont want
    to uninstall GTA V because I have a lot of saved games in it. please help

Mrxai, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ?

Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ? If not, where and how can I buy online key code for Windows 8.1 (secured) ?

TX

Original title> GTA V

DirkStragier, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

GTA V & Windows Accounts

1. GTA V & Windows Accounts - Similar Threads - GTA Accounts

2. gta san andreas not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gta san andreas not starting: I downloaded gta san andreas, and whenever I start it nothing shows up. I went to task manager and saw it being immediately suspended and closed in less than a second. I went to resource monitor trying to resume it but it says suspended and disappears before my reflexes right...
  3. GTA 5 installation decompression failed with error code -11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GTA 5 installation decompression failed with error code -11: I wasn't able to install my gta 5 n was getting a decompression error code-11 And after clicking the finish button i get the error code 2 notification and written that some files are missing... Help me out finding which file is Missing.... Please help me out with...
  4. No puedo jugar para nada Gta san andreas (I can not play at all Gta san andreas)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No puedo jugar para nada Gta san andreas (I can not play at all Gta san andreas): La verdad es la primera vez que me pasa tengo el San Andreas versión steam y se me cierra así por si solo, no me manda ningún mensaje de error ni nada solo se congela el juego y se cierra. Antes pensaba que esto era causado por un mod o por las texturas instaladas pero poco...
  5. GTA 5 Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lagging: [IMG]My problem not solved after updating Windows. I having same problem memory continuously increasing while playing only gta 5, you can see in the above picture. So try to give me some idea's to solve memory leaking....
  6. GTA 5 Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lagging: [IMG]these are my laptop specifications which are in above picture In my GTA 5 its lagging too much mainly while i driving speed, then i checked in Task manager gta 5 "memory98%".Then i tried some tricks like changing virtual memory paging file i.e."initial size 400 and...
  7. No Sound from the game GTA V on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound from the game GTA V on Windows 10: Hello, I recently finally got GTA Five on my Windows 10 Laptop and after installing it I found that there is no sound in the game (except the Rockstar Game Loading Screen) and the game play is excellent but there is no audio. My Laptop has Directx 12 and unfortunately I...
  8. I just installed GTA V on my PC for the 1st time, only the sound doesn't work as I have...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I just installed GTA V on my PC for the 1st time, only the sound doesn't work as I have...: Hello, I recently finally got GTA Five on my Windows 10 Laptop and after installing it I found that there is no sound in the game (except the Rockstar Game Loading Screen) and the game play is excellent but there is no audio. My Laptop has Directx 12 and unfortunately I...
  9. GTA V on PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTA V on PC.: How do I change the fps to 30fps in the settings on PC GTA V? All i see is 60fps and 144fps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-v-on-pc/90002990-d282-4967-baf9-94eac21482a9
  10. GTA 5 Lags & Stutters Since Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 Lags & Stutters Since Win10 Install: Seriously, they say Windows 10 is the fastest Windows OS to date, yet to me it's the slowest I've ever encountered! GTA 5 was working magic back on Windows 7, yet here on Win10, lags and stutters start to emerge, particularly after installing the latest updates. Not only...