Windows 10: GTA V & Windows Accounts

Discus and support GTA V & Windows Accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I am a part of the Sevenforums so thought it was fitting to join here as i am now on Windows 10. Anyway on to my question. And this was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Taylorig, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Taylorig Win User

GTA V & Windows Accounts

Hi all,

I am a part of the Sevenforums so thought it was fitting to join here as i am now on Windows 10.

Anyway on to my question. And this was also a problem on Windows 7 too.

I have been having a issue in regards to what my Windows account name(Local accont on 10 btw) and GTA V not liking it. Basically my name on my account is my real name (Makes sense...) which is "Ian". But on this account GTA V crashes on startup giving me the "GTA V launcher as stopped working" message. Now taking in to account that i have done Windows reinstalls and GTA V reinstalls also. The only thing that makes it work is creating another User account and giving it a different name. Works every time on the newly named account...

Now this isn't ideal as I don't want a separate account just for GTA V. But it seems that for some reason it doesn't like 3 lettered user account names.

Is there a way i can rename my original account properly? And then i can remove the second user account. I know i can just go in to "User accounts" and rename it there but that I believe isn't the answer.

Thanks in advance. Oh, and i have asked about this username issue on the R* forums to which i never got a answer.

EDIT: Well I figured out how to change my user account name properly and it still does the same thing. Stupid launcher by R* to blame for this... They even know about this issue that effects many people but refuse to comment on it.

:)

Taylorig, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Mrxai Win User

windows 10 upograde from windos 7 asks to uninstall GTA V

I want to free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 . after dowload the windows app analises the PCand after it asks to uninstall GTA V because its not compatible with 10. the upgrade doesnt continue after this point unless I uninstall GTA V. I dont want
    to uninstall GTA V because I have a lot of saved games in it. please help

Mrxai, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ?

Does GTA V from Rockstar run on Windows 10 ? If not, where and how can I buy online key code for Windows 8.1 (secured) ?

TX

Original title> GTA V

DirkStragier, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

GTA V & Windows Accounts

1. GTA V & Windows Accounts - Similar Threads - GTA Accounts

2. gta sanandras game image not showing ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gta sanandras game image not showing ?: When i install the gta sanandras game and then open control panel then i enter program and features then i see gta sanandras game image not showing in this gta san game. Why this problem came ?[ATTACH]...
  3. GTA V shortcut disappeared on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA V shortcut disappeared on the desktop?: Hello The shortcut for GTA V has disappeared from the desktop, where can I find it again. I cannot start the GTAV.exe. I'm hoping someone can help me. GTA V Verknüpfung auf dem Desktop verschwunden?
  4. Direct play/ 0x80071A91 / legacy componenets / GTA san andreas problem mainly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct play/ 0x80071A91 / legacy componenets / GTA san andreas problem mainly...: Today I wanted to go play GTA San Andreas. The game is old but I love it. Run, and then an error that is not installed component DirectPlay. I click "install component". Then gives error 0x80071a91 I tried this step below Open Control Panel - Programs and features On the...
  5. Power supply defective, few fps in gta due to voltage limit?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power supply defective, few fps in gta due to voltage limit?: Hi, I'm having the problem that in the GTA and Fallout 4 games, I'm constantly dropping below 60fps and sometimes even around 40 fps... This is incomprehensible for me, because my CPU (I7 7700k) is mostly used only 70% on the highest core... the GPU ( RTX 2070 ) is...
  6. GTA: Which button to lean back on the Blazer Aqua?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA: Which button to lean back on the Blazer Aqua?: Use the controller to pull the left stick back. How does it work with the keyboard? I want to find out whether moving forward or backward leads to greater speed. Shift to the front, but how do you get to the back? GTA: Mit welcher Taste nach hinten lehnen auf dem Blazer Aqua?
  7. Gta 5 twice the size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta 5 twice the size?: I just downloaded Gta5, paused it last night and let it run this morning and saw that it has 163gb instead of 80gb. I'm really confused. Anybody know what that is? [ATTACH] Gta 5 aufeinmal doppelt so groß?
  8. Gta start problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gta start problem?: I downloaded gta V on my laptop earlier. It is ready loaded but does not start. Ask for help. Thanks in advance! Gta Start Problem?
  9. Reinstall GTA V at Rockstar installed at EPIC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall GTA V at Rockstar installed at EPIC?: As you can imagine, I would like to know if it is possible that GTA that I installed at Rockstargames can also be started via EPIC without installing it there. Thanks in advance. GTA V bei Rockstar installiert bei EPIC erneut installieren?
  10. GTA 5 lagging in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 lagging in my pc: GTA 5 is so much lagging in my pc .I can't play. How to fix it. My pc spec's: Intel core i5 4gb ram AMD Radeon Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-5-lagging-in-my-pc/ead4e3aa-22db-4ab0-ab76-dadc5778edb9