Windows 10: GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver

Discus and support GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a GTX 780ti and ,after Windows 10 installs the basic and first Nvidia's Driver, the GPU starts showing black screen. It looks like as the GPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PedroÂngelo, Sep 27, 2018.

1. GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver

I got a GTX 780ti and ,after Windows 10 installs the basic and first Nvidia's Driver, the GPU starts showing black screen. It looks like as the GPU isnt working with the basic Nvidia's driver and i cannot use the GPU anymore. Is there any solution to this problem through windows or is some kind of GPU problem? Can someone help me?

:)

PedroÂngelo, Sep 27, 2018

2. Gtx 460 black screen issue

I have an EVGA gtx 460 that has started acting odd. Every once in awhile I would get a black screen that would require a hard reset. Then eventually the other day, it wouldn't boot at all. It would boot to the windows logo and then black screen.

Replaced it with a spare card, booted up fine.

Put the 460 back in, black screen.

Booted in safe mode, boots fine.

Uninstalled driver and reboot to full windows... boots fine with no driver installed.

Reinstalled latest driver (was already on latest driver when this started) and rebooted. Black screen.

Booted into safe mode and uninstalled driver again.

Reboot to full windows, install old version of driver, reboot. Black screen.

Reboot to safe mode, uninstall driver, reboot to full windows install reeeeeaaally old version of driver. Reboot. Black screen....

So... the only time the card works is when there is no nvidia driver installed... weird.

Anybody got any ideas? I haven't tried testing it in a clean windows install yet, but that's my next step I guess.

Papahyooie, Sep 27, 2018
  3. faiqr Win User
    Nvidia GTX 960m drivers problems on Windows 10

hi there

i had similar problems with my new DELL XPS 15 (9550). I had to disable the dedicated NVIDIA GTX 960M, because my screen always went black after 5 minutes. i installed all the new drivers (yes, also from the NVIDIA site), including the
    integrated Intel HD Graphics 530. My screen produces fine black lines in the lower half, which disappear after a second. This indicates the looming black screen. It takes about 2-3 minutes and then the entire screen goes black. I somehow have
    the feeling that everything stops. The music stops as well. But you can clearly hear the laptop churning. My only viable option is to force my laptop to shutdown.

I have already made a clean install. I updated all the drivers, including the BIOS firmware update. I'm running on Windows 10 Pro 1511. Any suggestions or ideas?

faiqr, Sep 27, 2018
  4. hazzz Win User

GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver

nvidia geforce 341.02 driver causes black screen

I am also having the same problem, ie. black screen. I am using an alienware M11x laptop and Geforce nvidia 342.01 driver. (Until now I couldnt find a solution)For the past 1 month, I have been looking for a solution in the internet and havent found one, although there are varieties of solutions have been offered and I have tried all those solutions, but none works on my laptop. Most of them suggest to reboot to safe mode, and after that use DDU to uninstall and clean all Nvidia driver related files in the system, and perform a custom install of the driver (Perform Clean Install). I have done that and once it is finished installing the driver, it reboots and there it goes again, BLACK SCREEN. Now I am using the standard Intel HD driver, very standard one.Appreciate any info to solve this. Thanks.

hazzz, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver

1. GTX 780ti Black Screen after Windows installing first Nvidia's Driver - Similar Threads - GTX 780ti Black

2. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  3. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  4. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  5. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  6. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NVIDIA Driver installation black screen wont boot GTX 780

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Driver installation black screen wont boot GTX 780: Hello all, I want to mention that I suspect my GPU is toast, but have no conclusive way to test it immediately. This is my first time posting a question on any forum regarding any PC I have owned as I am baffled and desperate. Approximately a week ago, there was a windows...
  8. Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver: I have Asus TUF A15 FX506II. It happen many times when I using my laptop for over than 4 hours. The screen suddenly go black and the laptop not responding. I tried to ctrl+alt+del but nothing happen, even I trying to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, nothing happen to the...
  9. Chrome browser has black screen after new NVIDIA driver installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome browser has black screen after new NVIDIA driver installed: Chrome browser has black screen after new NVIDIA driver installed Chrome all black screen. Tried the various solutions on the web to no avail. Then I renamed the "user data" folder under the chrome directory to "x user data". Restarted chrome and all was back to normal. I...
  10. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter after installing NVIDIA GTX 1050M drivers

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter after installing NVIDIA GTX 1050M drivers: I've just had to re-install my Windows 10 installation because for some unknown reason it totally got messed up (while my Kubuntu installation on the same machine kept running happily.) The problem is my resolution is stuck at 800x600, even after installing the NVIDIA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 780ti black screen