Windows 10: GTX 950 Heats up to 99 degrees when gaming

Discus and support GTX 950 Heats up to 99 degrees when gaming in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi I am new here, My Specs are : Windows 10 64bit Asus H170 Pro Gaming Motherbaord 16gb DD4 Kingston Hyperfury Ram 2666mhz Core i7 6700 3.4ghz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by llucid8, Jan 26, 2016.

1. llucid8 Win User

GTX 950 Heats up to 99 degrees when gaming

Hi I am new here,

My Specs are :

Windows 10 64bit
    Asus H170 Pro Gaming Motherbaord
    16gb DD4 Kingston Hyperfury Ram 2666mhz
    Core i7 6700 3.4ghz - 4ghz Turbo
    Corsair RM850i Modular PSU
    240Gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD
    Coolermaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler
    Western Digital 1TB
    Stryx GTX 950 Graphics card
    Thermaltake V71 Case ( huge ) with plenty fans

I believe my rig to be powerful enough to play the latest games. and the fans on the GTX 950 do not come on
    until it reaches a certain temp. Not sure what, but they do work.

And I play Assassins creed Syndicate, COD Black Ops 3, and I play Crysis 3 in Nvidia 3D Vision and Star Wars Battlefront.

Whatever game I play whether in 3D or NOT my Graphics card will Heat up to 99 and 100 Degrees Celsius.

Is this faulty or normal?

I even use MSI Afterburner to turn fans up to 100% when playing and it will still heat up that much and its brand new
    and like my PSU the fans only work when it reaches a certain temp and I have tried both methods of Auto and Manual with the same result with 99-100 degrees Celsius!

Is that normal? Or is my Card Faulty?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance*Smile as this is my first post here

Please Help

:)

llucid8, Jan 26, 2016

2. Luimia 920 - Charger heating up

The plug heating up is perfectly normal, almost all phone chargers heat up to some degree. Being a bit warm is how it should be but if it's very hot you should stop using it. It will get hotter if the phone is being used heavily whilst on charge, for example
    playing a game.

psychomania---01, Jan 26, 2016
  3. 99% procesor

from the last update when I try to run a game the CPU climbs up to 99%, I have i3 -7100 kabylake 3.9 ghz 8gb ram and gtx 1050. Does anyone have any idea how to solve the problem?

PolarisGabriel, Jan 26, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Welcome to Ten-Forums ! Nice system by the way. No, this does not seem normal and fans should come on at around 50c. Maybe card is faulty or fans do not work. Is card close to any other hardware restricting airflow. My GTX 970 using benchmark software only reached 75c.

jds63, Jan 26, 2016
  5. llucid8 Win User
    Thank you Man ... I thought so ..

What about playing in Nvidia 3D Vision? Does that heat it up more?

If you don't mind mate?

llucid8, Jan 26, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    I do not use NVIDIA 3D Vision, but i would pretty much assume so. Since have MSI Afterburner are able to monitor temps and believe might be another software to add to it to see within game unless this does it without it. Take a look in case when it reaches past 50c see if fans are working on this card at all. Your most welcome !

jds63, Jan 26, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Jan 26, 2016
  8. Stephanie Win User

Hi llucid8 I have had a mix of nVidia and ATI/AMD GPUs over the years (current 2 Nvidia and 1 AMD) on 3 desktops and all the cards fans start at boot... and do you have another GPU you can try in your system (to see if its fans run) ?, also I would get the GTX950 checked out.

Stephanie, Jan 26, 2016
  9. llucid8 Win User
    Yes, That is the exact card and box I got it in. I am going to upgrade to 980ti in a month, but until then I'm worried i will fry my card running at 99 degrees! Thanks mate!

llucid8, Jan 26, 2016
  10. llucid8 Win User
    Hi, Well apparently this card's fans do not start until it reaches a certain temp. But I always run it with MSI Afterburner with the fans running low anyway to keep it cool all the time. I didn't realize this card was like that.

My Corsair 850watt Modular PSU does the exact same thing - The fans don't start until its under 40% load. I don't like that and again did not know until I got home and rebuilt my rig and freaked out when I didn't see the fan spinning as I never seen a PSU without a spinning fan that works.

I used to be an old computer techie but gave up for 7 years. And much has changed.

And also with this PSU, I use its software to have the fan running low anyway as i don't like the idea of it running when it's under 40% load as many have complained that even under 40% load the fans don't start running on the PSU.

Thanks for your quick responses and help - it is much appreciated and grateful for your help. *Smile

llucid8, Jan 26, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    How old is this card now ? There are warranties. GTX 980 ti be definitely a more expense.
    Here is what is says making me believe it is same as mine fans do not turn on until certain temp making it quieter.
    Dual Wing-blade 0dB Fan Design

Max Air Flow with 105% More Air Pressure

DirectCU II features dual 0dB fans engineered with a patented, new wing-blade design that delivers maximum air flow and improved 105% static pressure over the heat sink, while operating at 3X quieter volumes than reference cards. The 0dB fans also let you enjoy games like League of Legends® and StarCraft® in complete silence — because the fan stops completely when the GPU temperature remains below a set level*.

Learn more about 0dB fan design here.

* performance vary from system configuration and usage

I have had luck with EVGA Brand lately. Your welcome again.

jds63, Jan 26, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    Truthfully good possibility again, your fans are not working on this Graphics card.
    Just thought of something to make sure it is running, the fan on GPU. Restart the PC keep case open and check the fan is should run at a restart then stop if it works the way it's mentioned.

EVGA line of 980ti https://www.evga.com/Products/Produc...set=GTX+980+Ti

jds63, Jan 26, 2016
  13. llucid8 Win User

Only a just over a Month and hardly have gamed with it - No more than 5 hours of gaming with it - probably not even that

llucid8, Jan 26, 2016
  14. jds63 Win User
    Can warranty it, to make sure about card do what i said restart the PC and on restart watch to see if fans spin up and then spin down after restart to know if they are working or not on the GPU. Just making sure this is the issue for sure even though it seems like it.

jds63, Jan 26, 2016
  15. llucid8 Win User
    This Card is designed so that the fans only work when it reaches a certain temp. I use MSI AfterBurner to turn on Fans Manually very lightly when using my PC for anything, just in case. And when I have games with it I have tried letting it run on AUTO and turning the fans on manually with MSI Afterburner to 100% and still get 99 Deg Celsius

llucid8, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

1. GTX 950 Heats up to 99 degrees when gaming - Similar Threads - GTX 950 Heats

2. How to prevent my processor from heating up ? When the processor heats up while I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent my processor from heating up ? When the processor heats up while I am...: Please HELP ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-my-processor-from-heating-up-when/c5d3d0b6-2bd9-42c5-9f95-3ef289e30f8a
  3. Laptop heats up when left alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop heats up when left alone: I have a new Thinkpad E14 Gen 4 Intel i7-1260P, 24 GB RAM, no d-GPU. I'm running Windows 11 Pro.If I put my laptop into my bag, it often heats up really badly in a matter of half an hour or so. The worst part is that problem seems to be intermittent, so it's hard to...
  4. Laptop heats up when left alone

Laptop heats up when left alone: I have a new Thinkpad E14 Gen 4 Intel i7-1260P, 24 GB RAM, no d-GPU. I'm running Windows 11 Pro.If I put my laptop into my bag, it often heats up really badly in a matter of half an hour or so. The worst part is that problem seems to be intermittent, so it's hard to...
  5. My CPU just heated up to 110 degrees C without beeping or shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My CPU just heated up to 110 degrees C without beeping or shutting down: My CPU which is an Intel Core i9 10920X just heated up to 110 degrees C while I was using DAZ Studio with iRay rendering. I noticed when I went back to the desktop briefly in my CPU and GPU temperature widget. There was no beeping or automatic shutting down of my PC and it...
  6. My CPU just heated up to 110 degrees C without beeping or shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU just heated up to 110 degrees C without beeping or shutting down: My CPU which is an Intel Core i9 10920X just heated up to 110 degrees C while I was using DAZ Studio with iRay rendering. I noticed when I went back to the desktop briefly in my CPU and GPU temperature widget. There was no beeping or automatic shutting down of my PC and it...
  7. My CPU just heated up to 110 degrees C without beeping or shutting down

8. My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Disk Usage is always at 99% and its heating up my laptop a lot: This is the Screen shot of my windows task manager. What i am not able to understand is that why my Disk usage is at 99% despite no heavy process running on my laptop. I am concerned as this is causing a lot of heating of my laptop. Also after the windows update there have...
  9. TUF GTX 1660 06G 80-85 degrees of celsius

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TUF GTX 1660 06G 80-85 degrees of celsius: Hi.I 2 days ago i bought TUF GTX 1660 06G with 2 coolers. In for honor, in deceit, in quake champions GPU was 80-87 degrees of celsius and 95-100%. cpu was normal 60-65 degrees. is it normal?
  10. Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvdia GTX 950 driver kills windows 10.: After a complete download and install of win 10 over win 7, EVGA Nvidia GTX 950 driver fails to install and everything is lost. I cannot get win 10 to restart. I restore win 7 and try new win 10 download, install. Then I try having windows 10 install driver from device...