Windows 10: GTX 970 not being detected after Windows Update 2004

Discus and support GTX 970 not being detected after Windows Update 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My graphics card was working perfectly fine a day ago, and when I installed the new windows update the card spins for 10 seconds then stops, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinB111, Oct 17, 2020.

1. KevinB111 Win User

GTX 970 not being detected after Windows Update 2004

My graphics card was working perfectly fine a day ago, and when I installed the new windows update the card spins for 10 seconds then stops, nothing detecting it as well.

Is there anyone I can fix this with? This is relatively new to me and I am a novice with computers.

Thank you

:)

KevinB111, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, Oct 17, 2020
  3. EOSPrime Win User
    GTX 970 Driver History

Hi,

What is the last driver that is being auto installed on the GTX 970 video card before the version 368.39 update? After the update, my PC freezes. I would like to go back to the version before 368.39.

Thank you.

EOSPrime, Oct 17, 2020
  4. sciopath Win User

Windows 10 default NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 driver is outdated (369.09, 2016)

Hi,

I recently made a clean Windows 10 install on my setup (Windows 10 Pro 1803 x64.).

Default video for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 was 388.13. But for some reason, the default driver reverted back to 369.09 after a Windows Update, a 2016 old driver.

GTX 970 not being detected after Windows Update 2004 082eae9d-d2c8-4cbf-860b-892d36d6aad6?upload=true.png

The highlighted driver is the one Windows Device Manager chooses as the most recent and installs by default...

After some digging it seems this is an expected behavior. The latest Windows update drivers for GTX 970 seems to be from 2016: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=nvidia+gtx+970

While GTX 10xx drivers are newer (397.31):

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=nvidia+gtx+1070

GTX 9xx are not that outdated and should not deserve a legacy driver.

Would it be possible to match 10xx and 9xx NVIDIA drivers in Windows Update?

Thanks.

sciopath, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. GTX 970 not being detected after Windows Update 2004 - Similar Threads - GTX 970 being

2. Headset is not being detected after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headset is not being detected after update: I have an Astro A10 headset and recently, after an update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004", the headset is not being recognized by my computer. I have a single jack on my laptop and don't need a splitter. I can still hear through the headphones but my microphone...
  3. Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update -- Not Detecting Any Updates After 2004: I have a Dell Latitude 7424. A lot of my information will be instantly displayed in this image below. The bottom line is that my windows update wasn't installing updates successfully for a very long time. I've only had this Laptop for about a year, but it had a problem with a...
  4. Cannot detect Windows 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot detect Windows 2004 update?: Ok, I cannot see it still through windows updates, but when I run Windows assistant May 2020 update, it says that I already have the latest version, and I still have 1909? 157500
  5. My GTX 970 fans are stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My GTX 970 fans are stuck at 100%: No idea what's caused this, turned my machine on one day and noticed the fans were louder than usual. They spin up as soon as I get to the login screen for windows. I've been using MSI Afterburner to control the fan speed for months with no issues but now setting the slider...
  6. GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?: Hello - here is my situation: Approx 1 week ago I upgraded from a GTX 770 (had absolutely NO issues, infact I cant remember the last time I saw a BSOD with this PC) Upgraded to a R9 390X card, and sold my 770. Within a day, I started to get random reboots, crashes,...
  7. AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970

AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970: Hello fellow TenForums users. Since the release of W10 AU [1607] build I am pretty scared to upgrade drivers for my GTX 970. In fact, I am running an older release because latest ones don't work fine for me. I am not that impressed with DirectCompute, DX12 and Vulkan...
  8. Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10

Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10: In all of my games after upgrading no longer scale properly (the picture is too big for the screen) and there are sever graphical problems. Its almost as if the games dont load some of the shaders or filters. When switching to borderless window in some games this helps while...
  9. Asus strix 970 gtx fan?

Asus strix 970 gtx fan?: Hi again. When I got my Asus strix 970 gtx on desktop the fan wouldn't spin but as soon as I started a game it would. At this point I didn't even have GPU tweak installed and would sound like it would go to 100% as soon as I opened up a game. After some time this stopped...
  10. Miracast - Not Supported By Graphics Driver? GTX 970

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast - Not Supported By Graphics Driver? GTX 970: According to information gathered by numerous Google searches, NVidia GTX 970 & 980 cards should support Miracast, but when I do a diagnostic report it says my Graphics Driver is not supported. My PC can find the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter on my LG tv, and the tv...