Windows 10: Guest Account Backups

Discus and support Guest Account Backups in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I anticipate adding up to two additional guest accounts to windows 10. When I do a backup, are the guest accounts also included? 82913 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rjordan393, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Guest Account Backups

Hello,
    I anticipate adding up to two additional guest accounts to windows 10. When I do a backup, are the guest accounts also included?

:)

rjordan393, Apr 25, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Guest account

I followed the instructions given by some "experts" to enable the guest account in windows 10 by going to local services - security and clicking "enable guest account". This did indeed give me a guest account on the login screen. When I logged into the guest
    account it gave me a continuous flashing screen. The only thing that I could think of was to power off the computer and log back with my administrator account to disable this guest account. Unfortunately when I powered the computer back on, it came back up
    with the flashing guest account. I was completely stuffed.

Fortunately I had a recent backup of my Windows 8.1 pro and used this to get my computer back. I then had to go through all the hassle of waiting to be advised that Windows 10 was ready to be installed and installing it again.

I strongly advise everyone not to mess with this guest account.

Was there a way of logging out of the guest account and back into my administrator account at logon that I was not aware of? The flashing guest account could not be used to log out.

ChristopherKent-Jones, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Guest Account Backups

How are you doing the backup? What backup software do you use?

5. I use the Norton Security program for backups and it does not show any indication that other accounts can be backed up,
    unless the other accounts have to be established first.

rjordan393, Apr 25, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    This forum usually recommends doing full system image backups using Macrium Reflect Free which backs everything up.

Frankly I gave up years ago with Norton backup tools.

cereberus, Apr 25, 2017
  7. I only use Norton's backup application and I store the backup on a usb. I had no problems doing it this way. I do not trust anyone's online storage. I'll wait and see if someone knows the answer I seek. Surely others out there have sub accounts for their family. Now either the family members have to do their own backups or it's included as part of my backups.
    This is what I want to know.

rjordan393, Apr 25, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Guest Account Backups

I don't use Norton, but from what I've read it seems to work much like Windows own built-in Backup. It only backs up the current user's documents and files by default. Again, like Windows, it should be possible to include other custom folders in the backup - but to backup the User folders for other users runs into all sorts of permissions problems. You would have to grant yourself permission to access their personal folders in order to back them up.

9. Thanks,
    A while back I toyed with permissions and messed things up and I did solve it and do not remember how. So I won't go there again. I'll see what happens after I allow my niece to have her own account and then have her attempt to make a test backup.

rjordan393, Apr 26, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    As cerebus said, a system image made with Macrium Reflect will back up your entire hard drive. Not only does this let you restore any individual file, but it enables you to restore your system to a new drive should the original one fail. There's no reason why you can't do both, back up user files with Norton and make a system image. You can never have enough backups *Smile

11. I already have a system image and will do another soon.

rjordan393, Apr 26, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    What do you use to make your system images? If it's the built-in 'Backup and Restore (Windows 7)' then you can't easily retrieve individual files from it, unlike Macrium's system image, for example.

Thema:

Guest Account Backups

1. Guest Account Backups - Similar Threads - Guest Account Backups

2. Guest Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Account: How do I create a solo "Guest Acct" where I have family or friends can use it openly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/4b142ba3-7cb0-4129-8118-55938015394d
  3. Guest account

Guest account: How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/53ac58a3-2342-4cd5-a6ea-391734922c21
  4. Deleting a guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a guest account: How do I delete a Guest account in Win10 when it doesn't appear on the account settings list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-guest-account/f7516208-54fb-4f8c-bc0e-9127d90c6594"
  5. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  6. Guest Account

Guest Account: Recently I did a reset of my computer. It activated an inbuilt Guest Account. The account is not working properly. The start and search buttons are not responsive. It works fine in my own admin account and another ordinary account I created. How do I disable the inbuilt...
  7. Guest account

Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  8. Guest account

Guest account: My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no...
  9. Guest account

Guest account: How do I enable the guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/guest-account/b9b128b8-31bb-4c65-99b7-77d4e23190f1"
  10. Add Guest Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594