Windows 10: Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos

Discus and support Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Guest account doesn't recognize built-in UWP Windows apps, like Photos. How can I fix that? For Settings, I just need the ability to personalize, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iJONTY85, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos

Guest account doesn't recognize built-in UWP Windows apps, like Photos. How can I fix that?

For Settings, I just need the ability to personalize, but it's no big deal if I can't enable that.

submitted by /u/iJONTY85
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iJONTY85, Feb 26, 2021
  2. i-Panda Win User

Built-in Guest account errors

I agree, and here's how to do it:-

Firstly, open an elevated command prompt by going to Start menu/All Programs/Windows System, right-click Command Prompt, select More, select Run as administrator, then;

• Enter "net user Visitor /add /active:yes" (ignore quotes) to create a new account. You can replace “Visitor” with whatever name you wish, but be sure to change it for every command on this list. “Guest” is reserved by the Windows system.
    • Enter "net user Visitor *" (ignore quotes) to create a password for the account.
    • Press Enter key twice to create a blank password.
    • Enter "net localgroup users Visitor /delete" (ignore quotes) to remove Visitor from the regular Users group.
    • Enter "net localgroup guests Visitor /add" (ignore quotes) to add Visitor to the guests user group.
    You now you have a brand new "guest" account! This account will have the same privileges as the old guest accounts, but peted66616 cautions that it does not wipe settings and local files on logout.

(Super User via Laptop Mag gratefully acknowledged)

i-Panda, Feb 26, 2021
  3. How do I set up a guest account in windows 10? Have tried all suggestions so far.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in enabling guest account. I would suggest you to try he steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Open Computer Management.

Press Windows+R to open Run, type compmgmt.msc and click
    OK to open it.

Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos open-computer-management-via-run.png

Step 2: Find and open the Guest account.

Try to locate Guest in Local Users and Groups/Users.

Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos find-and-double-click-guest.png

Step 3: Enable or disable it.

1. Deselect Account is disabled and click OK in the Guest Properties dialog to enable it.

Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos deselect-account-is-disabled-and-tap-ok.png

If issue persists, try to run the below mentioned command and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command "net user guest /active:yes" without double quotes.
    • Now guest account will be enabled.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 26, 2021
  4. i-Panda Win User

Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos

Built-in Guest account errors

Well researched. Perhaps MS will get around to fixing the explorer crash/reload loop.

I activated the in-built Guest account August 01, 2015, by following the
    howto-connect.com
    instructions (net user guest /active:yes
    from an elevated command prompt (right-click Start/Windows button and select Command Prompt (Admin)). Guest then appeared in the list of available accounts on the lock screen.

I have, in the past couple of days, activated the Guest account on two more Win 10 PCs. The command line echoed that this had succeeded, and Guest appears, as one of the alternatives, when I click on my account name at the top of the Start Menu, but when
    I select it, instead of switching to the Guest account which is not password protected, it takes me to the lock screen, where Guest is no longer shown.

Microsoft appear to be suppressing the Guest account, for reasons that I/we do not know. We should be told.

i-Panda, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos

1. Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos - Similar Threads - Guest account won't

2. Photos App Won't Open Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Won't Open Windows 10: I have read the threads on this error and still I cannot open Photos in WIN 10. I have updated WIN 10, I have re-installed WIN 10, I have removed and reinstalled Photos app, I have repaired and re-set this app and still it will not run. I recently recieved a WIN 10 update I...
  3. Photos App Won't Open Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Won't Open Windows 10: I have read the threads on this error and still I cannot open Photos in WIN 10. I have updated WIN 10, I have re-installed WIN 10, I have removed and reinstalled Photos app, I have repaired and re-set this app and still it will not run. I recently recieved a WIN 10 update I...
  4. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  5. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  6. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

7. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard built-in Windows Guest account: I do not want any form of user account on my computer windows 10 including the built in guest account. I can delete a guest account if I have added it, but not the built in one. How can I get rid of this? Thanks. D....
  8. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

Standard built-in Windows Guest account: I do not want any form of user account on my computer windows 10 including the built in guest account. I can delete a guest account if I have added it, but not the built in one. How can I get rid of this? Thanks. D....
  9. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Photos app won't open

Photos app won't open: My Photos app won't open. It was fine a couple of days ago. When I click on the picture icon on the start menu I can see my pictures, but I cannot open them. It won't open under another user profile either. I have tried repair, reset and I uninstalled and reinstalled the...