Windows 10: Guest Account - is Back again...

Discus and support Guest Account - is Back again... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've only just noticed that a Guest account is now back again - I usually rename Guest and Administrator before disabling each and creating an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EnglishmanInJapan, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Guest Account - is Back again...

I've only just noticed that a Guest account is now back again - I usually rename Guest and Administrator before disabling each and creating an alternative account with Admin rights.

Has anyone else noticed this happening too ?

In the meantime, I've used lusrmgr.msc to once again disable and rename the Guest account.

:)

EnglishmanInJapan, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Jul 12, 2020
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Guest Account - is Back again...

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Guest Account - is Back again...

1. Guest Account - is Back again... - Similar Threads - Guest Account again

2. How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account: Ok so a few days ago my windows account logged it self out and I had to use the pc without an account/with a guest account and I dragged some of my files on the guest account? after that I closed my computer and went to sleep when I wake up My account was back but my files...
  3. How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get back/retrieve files from a no account/guest account: Ok so a few days ago my windows account logged it self out and I had to use the pc without an account/with a guest account and I dragged some of my files on the guest account? after that I closed my computer and went to sleep when I wake up My account was back but my files...
  4. Guest Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Account: How do I create a solo "Guest Acct" where I have family or friends can use it openly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/4b142ba3-7cb0-4129-8118-55938015394d
  5. Guest account

Guest account: How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/53ac58a3-2342-4cd5-a6ea-391734922c21
  6. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  7. Guest Account

Guest Account: Recently I did a reset of my computer. It activated an inbuilt Guest Account. The account is not working properly. The start and search buttons are not responsive. It works fine in my own admin account and another ordinary account I created. How do I disable the inbuilt...
  8. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  9. Guest account

Guest account: My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no...
  10. Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account: How do I enable the guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/guest-account/b9b128b8-31bb-4c65-99b7-77d4e23190f1"