Windows 10: Guest account suddenly disappeared after reboot

Discus and support Guest account suddenly disappeared after reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi A friend of mine suffers from this nasty problem of not being able to find her 'Guest' account. The computer she was using had two accounts: one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chojam, Aug 19, 2019.

1. chojam Win User

Guest account suddenly disappeared after reboot

Hi

A friend of mine suffers from this nasty problem of not being able to find her 'Guest' account.

The computer she was using had two accounts: one of them called 'SS' and the other 'Guest'.

She was storing all her data in the 'Guest' account but suddenly after a reboot no 'Guest' appeared on the login screen; the account 'SS' was only activated. We couldn't find any other users on the lower left part of the screen.

The problem is that the original user 'SS' does not know the password and nor does my friend (she got the computer that the original user had been using for some time).

We've been searching for the solution, but it wasn't successful. I'm now worried that all of this is because of the 2015 Windows 10 build that deleted all Guest account, and that she might not be able to restore her data.

She's tried HDD backup and everything, but there were no sign of her 'Guest' data on the drive, just the 'SS' directory.

Hope we can find some solutions or at least answers to this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Cho

:)

chojam, Aug 19, 2019

2. Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Aug 19, 2019
  4. tsram90 Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Guest account suddenly disappeared after reboot - Similar Threads - Guest account suddenly

2. Guest Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Account: How do I create a solo "Guest Acct" where I have family or friends can use it openly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/4b142ba3-7cb0-4129-8118-55938015394d
  3. Guest account

Guest account: How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/53ac58a3-2342-4cd5-a6ea-391734922c21
  4. Deleting a guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a guest account: How do I delete a Guest account in Win10 when it doesn't appear on the account settings list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-guest-account/f7516208-54fb-4f8c-bc0e-9127d90c6594"
  5. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  6. Guest Account

Guest Account: Recently I did a reset of my computer. It activated an inbuilt Guest Account. The account is not working properly. The start and search buttons are not responsive. It works fine in my own admin account and another ordinary account I created. How do I disable the inbuilt...
  7. Guest account

Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  8. Guest account

Guest account: My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no...
  9. Guest account

Guest account: How do I enable the guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/guest-account/b9b128b8-31bb-4c65-99b7-77d4e23190f1"
  10. Add Guest Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594