Windows 10: Guest account

Discus and support Guest account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Susan K P, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Susan K P Win User

Guest account

My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no password and limited privileges and no access to settings? If so, please explain how. Thank you.

:)

Susan K P, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Nov 26, 2018
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Guest account

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Guest account

1. Guest account - Similar Threads - Guest account

2. Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account: Hello, My dad has been playing microsoft solitaire for quite a while, but has never signed in. He has reached level 1400 as a guest, but now his computer is starting to slow down. He is worried that if he gets a new computer that he will lose all of his progress. Is there a...
  3. Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preserving the progress of a guest account in microsoft solitaire to an actual account: Hello, My dad has been playing microsoft solitaire for quite a while, but has never signed in. He has reached level 1400 as a guest, but now his computer is starting to slow down. He is worried that if he gets a new computer that he will lose all of his progress. Is there a...
  4. Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.: I started a new job at a small business, and they no longer have an IT guy so no local support at all I am missing a user that was used for file sharing and being able to view the same excel info and what not. Currently i can only use guest and use the quickbooks downloaded...
  5. Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.

Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.: I started a new job at a small business, and they no longer have an IT guy so no local support at all I am missing a user that was used for file sharing and being able to view the same excel info and what not. Currently i can only use guest and use the quickbooks downloaded...
  6. Setting up a Guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a Guest account: Hi, I have set up a guest account for my PC Windows 11 but when I turn on the PC it does not show the guest log in, only my regular log in. Any suggestions? Many thanks....
  7. Setting up a Guest account

Setting up a Guest account: Hi, I have set up a guest account for my PC Windows 11 but when I turn on the PC it does not show the guest log in, only my regular log in. Any suggestions? Many thanks....
  8. How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account: My cat slept on the keyboard of my laptop and now the letter p is continuously typing. I can't sign in under the admin account because it wants me to type ABC123 because I guess too many attempts while my cat was on it. I can get into my guest account and device control with...
  9. How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account: My cat slept on the keyboard of my laptop and now the letter p is continuously typing. I can't sign in under the admin account because it wants me to type ABC123 because I guess too many attempts while my cat was on it. I can get into my guest account and device control with...
  10. How do I disable the keyboard without admin privileges from my guest account

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how a guest sign in into his email account on my windows 10 pc