Windows 10: Guest account

Discus and support Guest account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JonathanDowell1, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Guest account

How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the Settings menu that gave me the alert in the first place.

:)

JonathanDowell1, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Jun 26, 2019
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Guest account

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Guest account

1. Guest account - Similar Threads - Guest account

2. How to create a Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  3. How did I get a Guest Account in Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How did I get a Guest Account in Windows 10?: I noticed I suddenly have a guest account on my Nextbook flexx 10. From everything I've seen here, I'm not supposed to be able to have one in Windows 10. Have I been hacked? How do I get rid of it?...
  4. Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365: We have about 10 pc laptops around the office and I would a couple of them a windows 10 guest login for temporary staff or interns. I don't want to create a local account. I want to create it through office 365. Can that be done?...
  5. cannot remove a standard guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot remove a standard guest account: when i am clicked "remove" the guest account, a dialogue windows appears, saying: "this person needs to sign out before you can delete their account" i don't understand how this guest can sign out. plz help me, thx! Darcy...
  6. Create guest or child account without internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create guest or child account without internet access: Hello, How can I create a guest or child account in Win 10 that does not have any internet access? Thanks, Nevermore1234 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-guest-or-child-account-without-internet/7243dffa-febc-40c9-b978-6c5c0f83591f
  7. Should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts

Should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts: From a security standpoint, should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts even if they are disabled by default? During Windows 10 installation, I already created my own Admin account which is named something else other than Administrator. But the...
  8. My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.: I recently noticed somebody changed my account from admin to guest. Is there any way I could get my account back to admin? (Without resseting my PC?) And, what is the hidden Administrator account password?...
  9. Guest Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Account: Recently I did a reset of my computer. It activated an inbuilt Guest Account. The account is not working properly. The start and search buttons are not responsive. It works fine in my own admin account and another ordinary account I created. How do I disable the inbuilt...
  10. Unable to add a guest account to computer

Unable to add a guest account to computer: how do I allow another person to access my computer in a guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-a-guest-account-to-computer/31c64e5e-073f-48d2-b443-2b392e70594a"