Windows 10: Guest account

Discus and support Guest account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TNP69, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TNP69 Win User

Guest account

How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct.

:)

TNP69, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Dec 8, 2019
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Guest account

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Guest account

1. Guest account - Similar Threads - Guest account

2. Guest Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Account: How do I create a solo "Guest Acct" where I have family or friends can use it openly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/4b142ba3-7cb0-4129-8118-55938015394d
  3. I have no administrative permissions on any guest account, and the built in administrative...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no administrative permissions on any guest account, and the built in administrative...: Hi, a long story short I had unintentionally disabled admin permissions for all of my guest accounts. Using the command prompt "net user administrator/ active:yes" in an effort to add the administrator account yields error 5, naturally as neither accounts have any admin...
  4. how do i set up a guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i set up a guest account: Hi How do I set up a guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-a-guest-account/597d8963-5b9a-441e-8f02-59c9d8d86216"
  5. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.: I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but instead, I'm now considered a guest user. I cannot perform anything that requires admin rights. Is there any way to fix this...
  6. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.: I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but instead, I'm now considered a guest user. I cannot perform anything that requires admin rights. Is there any way to fix this...
  7. upgraded to windows 10 but i think i was on guest account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgraded to windows 10 but i think i was on guest account: I think when I upgraded from window 7 to windows 10 pro,i was on guest account and didn't know,i didn't have a password on it so when I upgraded it didn't have to ask for password and I never realized it was not on administators account,so when it was done upgrading,i could...
  8. Deleting a guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a guest account: How do I delete a Guest account in Win10 when it doesn't appear on the account settings list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-guest-account/f7516208-54fb-4f8c-bc0e-9127d90c6594"
  9. Managing guest account as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing guest account as administrator: I created a standard guest account with restricted access to settings. Now I would like to do some personalization tweaks on that account (add profile picture, edit input languages and layouts etc). I can't do that when logged in as a guest. Is there a way to configure the...
  10. Shell Infrastructure Host Stopped Working and Suspended in Guest Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shell Infrastructure Host Stopped Working and Suspended in Guest Account: Hi, so I searched everywhere and the answer always same, "Re-install VC redist packages" or doing "sfc /scannow" but particularly both of those method doesn't work. I need to set Guest account with limited privilages, but as soon as I logged in I got error message says "Shell...