Windows 10: Guest lock down in Windows 10

Discus and support Guest lock down in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need a way to have a guest account so I can lock down activity on the computer. I would prefer that you could not even get into Settings Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Henry Killen, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Guest lock down in Windows 10

I need a way to have a guest account so I can lock down activity on the computer. I would prefer that you could not even get into Settings Any guidance?

:)

Henry Killen, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

I am using the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine software on 1 of my Windows 10 PCs and have all kinds of VMs (Guest OSes) under it.
    By default, Hyper-V gives very basic GPU capability to the VMs, without even 2D acceleration, but for Windows Vista or higher Guest OSes, an option to have some 2D/3D GPU/DirectX acceleration exists by adding a RemoteFX adapter to the Guest OS.

When I do this, then run GPU-Z on the VM/Guest OS, NO proper (or any) info shows, see screenshot:

Guest lock down in Windows 10 jae.png

Larger shot is here: Dropbox - img-2017-02-23-10-18-28.png - Simplify your life

DxDiag info of GPU is here: Файл из Облака Mail.Ru

Expected: Show Microsoft logo as videocard maker logo, list OS used (Windows 10 in this case, but could be Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1/etc), and amount of memory of the GPU (such as 128 MB, 256 MB/etc).

Please add!

4. Guest lock down in Windows 10

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Guest lock down in Windows 10

1. Guest lock down in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Guest lock down

2. Locking down window 10 or 11 for children

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locking down window 10 or 11 for children: Hi, My wife runs a preschool that doesn't have internet access.The children's old XP machine has finally died so we are looking at replacing it. The old machine had software that locked the desktop so that only certain old 16 bit educational programmes could be used and there...
  3. Locking down window 10 or 11 for children

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locking down window 10 or 11 for children: Hi, My wife runs a preschool that doesn't have internet access.The children's old XP machine has finally died so we are looking at replacing it. The old machine had software that locked the desktop so that only certain old 16 bit educational programmes could be used and there...
  4. locked into guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked into guest account: Im locked into my guest account it keeps signing me in with the auto log in this account does not have any administrativeabbilities so when i try to use the run commands it does not work beacuse I need to log into the administrative accounts i cannot reset reboot or do...
  5. locked into guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked into guest account: Im locked into my guest account it keeps signing me in with the auto log in this account does not have any administrativeabbilities so when i try to use the run commands it does not work beacuse I need to log into the administrative accounts i cannot reset reboot or do...
  6. locked into guest account

7. Windows 10 laptop Locks and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop Locks and shuts down: I watched some youtube videos on how to speed up windows 10 today! Some of the commands were done through the run admin sectiontion and asked to delete this and delete that....omg now laptop runs worse than ever: Help me...
  8. windows locked down

windows locked down: windows 10 won't accept my pin and password i'ts on an airplane mode. I can't open it. to reset pin,it asks password which is not accepted. basically, I am not able to open my computer. I had changed my password from another computer, is there any way for it to be fixed?...
  9. lock down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lock down: When I am in the process of filling in a form with my name and my email address, the display disappears on the screen and it goes back to the start screen. What is happening and how can it be changed?...
  10. Lock Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Down: Help, We are using Windows 10 Pro. I need to 'lock down' a laptop to use only one application installed on the harddrive of the laptop. I cannot use kiosk mode because it only works for a website (as far as I can tell). Does anyone have any ideas for me? We used to use...