Windows 10: Guest Mode logistics

Discus and support Guest Mode logistics in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok hope I haven't typo'd this or made it ambiguous. But I'm interested in buying a Wifi device that says it can operate in one of multi-modes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RBT, May 28, 2020.

1. RBT
    RBT Win User

Guest Mode logistics

Ok hope I haven't typo'd this or made it ambiguous. But I'm interested in buying a Wifi device that says it can operate in one of multi-modes of 802.11b/g/n, AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater. It says in AP mode it connects via ethernet (wired). And in Repeater mode it can connect wirelessly. So I have the following questions. Obviously I've never actually tried this.

(Facet 1) Say I install such a Wifi Repeater that connects wirelessly back to Web gateway connected Wifi router via the Repeater's own power and Wifi. The gateway router has guest account ability. I want the Repeater to allow Wifi devices to connect via Repeater and wifi back to a Guest Wifi account on the Web gateway Wifi router. Would I have to setup the Repeater to have the same SSID as the Guest account on gateway Wifi router?

(Facet 2) Say I install it in AP Mode, or for that matter I install "any" guest mode able wifi router at an Access Point location and wire back to gateway Wifi router. Does wiring either of these back in the Ethernet Port nullify a AP Guest account login? I.e. giving the login access to all of my Ethernet devices?

:)

2. RBT
    RBT Win User

Guest Mode logistics

Ok hope I haven't typo'd this or made it ambiguous. But I'm interested in buying a Wifi device that says it can operate in one of multi-modes of 802.11b/g/n, AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater. It says in AP mode it connects via ethernet (wired). And in Repeater mode it can connect wirelessly. So I have the following questions. Obviously I've never actually tried this.

(Facet 1) Say I install such a Wifi Repeater that connects wirelessly back to Web gateway connected Wifi router via the Repeater's own power and Wifi. The gateway router has guest account ability. I want the Repeater to allow Wifi devices to connect via Repeater and wifi back to a Guest Wifi account on the Web gateway Wifi router. Would I have to setup the Repeater to have the same SSID as the Guest account on gateway Wifi router?

(Facet 2) Say I install it in AP Mode, or for that matter I install "any" guest mode able wifi router at an Access Point location and wire back to gateway Wifi router. Does wiring either of these back in the Ethernet Port nullify a AP Guest account login? I.e. giving the login access to all of my Ethernet devices?

3. Guest Mode

Hi Praveen,

To resolve your concern regarding incorrect password for your Guest account, you need to log in using your Microsoft account password. To disable Guest mode, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Windows button found at the lower left hand corner of your screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command: net user guest /active:no, and then press
      Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, May 28, 2020
  4. Guest Mode logistics

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Guest Mode logistics

1. Guest Mode logistics - Similar Threads - Guest Mode logistics

2. How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows: I am not able to acces my main account and only my guest account. I am not able to reset windows with the normal method in guest mode so how do I reset it. I am okay with losing all of my data except windows....
  3. Logistics question on File and Printer Sharing settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logistics question on File and Printer Sharing settings: Trying to figure logistics here. The Network Adapter Option Properties of > File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks. Do I just Check or Uncheck it as desired OR do I need to also then select it and then click the lower buttons to Install or Uninstall respectively?...
  4. Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing...
  5. Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your...
  6. Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome: How to: Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome How to Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing activity is...
  7. Recent Window Update - Guest Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recent Window Update - Guest Mode: Few days back, Windows auto updated the OS. And when it rebooted, it went into a clean desktop (as if its a new User) I thought window wiped everything, and had store an important document on this guest profile desktop. After some itune updates, and rebooted. it show my...
  8. Stuck in guest account in safe mode

Stuck in guest account in safe mode: Hi all, I was having problem with the start menu and cortana that won't show up. Based on the internet, i was told to use msconfig to reboot my pc to safemode. Apparently, after i went to safe mode, the problem seems not changing, so i repeated the steps, but this time...
  9. Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10

Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and just realized that I was in guest mode only. I can't install anything (cmd in admin mode), downgrade to Windows 7, restore, or do anything. There is no Administrator account, only my local guest account, and everytime I...
  10. Public Computer Chrome Private vs. Guest Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public Computer Chrome Private vs. Guest Mode: So I was on a public computer today and went to gmail and I always use Private Mode and in addition I restart the computer when I am done. Today was the first time I saw an option to browse in Guest mode as opposed to private mode....