Windows 10: Guest networks being generated by the laptop hotspot.

Discus and support Guest networks being generated by the laptop hotspot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As mentioned in the title, each time I start my laptop hotspot it generates another 2 Guest Networks or more, one of them being the name I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RaphaelPop, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Guest networks being generated by the laptop hotspot.

Guest networks being generated by the laptop hotspot. e0bb88f2-65ee-4aa2-84a9-045aec2cc1ac?upload=true.png

As mentioned in the title, each time I start my laptop hotspot it generates another 2 Guest Networks or more, one of them being the name I actually gave it: "Netus Mobile 2" and the other one being "DIRECT-OGWORK-PCmsrV".

:)

RaphaelPop, Oct 18, 2018

2. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Connected to a guest network instead of my home network

Hello Scott,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to switch from a Guest Network to Home Network.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check whether the network discovery is turned to on.

Follow the below steps.

Step 1: Type network in the search box and choose
    Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.

Step 2: Select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.

Step 3: Choose Turn on network discovery or
    Turn off network discovery
    in the settings, and tap Save changes.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Guest networks being generated by the laptop hotspot.

Accidently disabled myPublicWifi hotspot in networks and sharing centre

To further assist you regarding your concern, we suggest that you manage the hotspot settings on your PC. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, proceed with the steps and
    complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Additionally, if the issue continues, you may check the Advanced sharing settings from the
    Control Panel to identify if the issue is not related to it. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel and press
      Enter
    • Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
    • On the left-side pane of the window, click Change advanced sharing settings.
    • Expand the Private network profile, select the Turn on network discovery option under the
      Network discovery section.
    • You may also select the Turn on network discovery option from the
      Guest or Public and Domain (current profile) network profile by expanding them one by one.
    • Once you’re done, click Save changes.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Guest networks being generated by the laptop hotspot.

1. Guest networks being generated by the laptop hotspot. - Similar Threads - Guest networks being

2. "unidentified network" on win7 guest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "unidentified network" on win7 guest: I have a Windows 7 guest OS running under a Windows 7 SP1 x64 host. The VirtualBox network settings are "attached to: Internal Network on three machines of Virtual box .running VirtualBox Version 6.1.22 on host.i am trying to create network of three machines on virtualbox....
  3. "unidentified network" on win7 guest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "unidentified network" on win7 guest: I have a Windows 7 guest OS running under a Windows 7 SP1 x64 host. The VirtualBox network settings are "attached to: Internal Network on three machines of Virtual box .running VirtualBox Version 6.1.22 on host.i am trying to create network of three machines on virtualbox....
  4. Laptop hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop hotspot: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110 and I want use my Hotspot but it says I can't set up a mobile Hotspot as my PC does not have Ethernet,WiFi, or cellular data connectio and does not allow me to switch it on. Please helpn...
  5. Laptop hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop hotspot: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110 and I want use my Hotspot but it says I can't set up a mobile Hotspot as my PC does not have Ethernet,WiFi, or cellular data connectio and does not allow me to switch it on. Please helpn...
  6. No network adapters available - Surface Laptop (1st Generation)

No network adapters available - Surface Laptop (1st Generation): Issue: No network adapters found. Can only connect to internet using wireless USB dongle. Device: Surface Laptop (1st generation) Windows version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867) My system info: Dropbox - System info.txt - Simplify your life Good evening, hope everyone is...
  7. hotspot on laptop

hotspot on laptop: how do i activate hotspot on my laptop is it like buying mins for a phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-on-laptop/fbe30f94-f2b5-45bc-8800-56a782bbe60e
  8. My computer is generating a WiFi network with Mobile Hotspot turned off

My computer is generating a WiFi network with Mobile Hotspot turned off: When I check the available WiFi networks on my phone, there's one called DIRECT-VJ[My Computer Name]msJA. This network does not appear in my computer's available WiFi networks so I think it's safe to assume that it's generated by my computer. As I said, Mobile Hotspot is...
  9. Hotspot on Laptop

Hotspot on Laptop: Hey guys, need your advice. As I am a student I live in a dormitory. We do not have free wifi here (e.g. They recently changed the password a nobody has access). We only have ethernet cable and that's all. Plus we have to pay for it. So this came to my mind. Can I...
  10. Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks.

Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks.: Is there anyone here that has some solid info/experience using Wifi Sense. \ Me and some fellow network engineers are trying to figure out how big of a security risk this is or is not in an Enterprise environment. We have 40,000 employees, we provide an Aruba wireless...