Windows 10: Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation

Discus and support Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 64-bit Windows 10 on my computer. The CPU is Intel B960 no virtualization. I want to run 32-bit Windows 10 on Vmware Workstation 15. Every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Violedo, May 30, 2020.

1. Violedo Win User

Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation

I have 64-bit Windows 10 on my computer. The CPU is Intel B960 no virtualization. I want to run 32-bit Windows 10 on Vmware Workstation 15. Every time I try to do it Vmware Workstation informs me that... 'This host does not support Intel VT-x. This host does not support "Intel EPT" hardware assisted MMU virtualization. Module 'CPUIDEarly' power on failed. Failed to start the virtual machine'.

What to do?

:)

Violedo, May 30, 2020
  2. tripley Win User

Switching hot between host operating system and guest operating system

I am researching for hours but I could not find. I am using windows 10 as main operating system. In order to build mobile app I installed sierra on latest vmware pro workstation. I am using sierra exlusive mode. I want to taking control via a shortcut key or touchpad between two operating systems. So, when I press button, it will pass guest operating system and when I press again, it will pass main operating system. How can I do that? Is there any program or vmware tool? And can you suggest more beneficial way to use xcode instead of vmware?

tripley, May 30, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze

Hi there

I've used VMWARE for years with relatively few problems both with Windows and Linux Hosts.

Check of course in your BIOS that VT is enabled (for 64 bit guest OS'es) and that you enable sufficient RAM for the Guest

Download the latest version (I think currently 12.5.5) and ensure for Windows Guests -install vmware tools and for Linux Hosts - open-vmware tools package is installed (easier generally than compiling vmware tools in Linux and works 100% of the time).

W10 guest running on Linux Centos 7 Host -- absolutely ZERO problems.

Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation [​IMG]

Also XP Guest on Centos 7 - zero problems as well.

Version of VMWARE Workstation being used

Windows HOSTS also work just fine.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 30, 2020
  4. Ghostlex Win User

VMware Workstation 15 hangs and vmware-vmx is unkillable.

I have installed VMware Workstation 15.0.2 on a Windows 10 Enterprise 18348.19h1 host and am encountering a weird issue. When I start a VM, it doesn't boot but gets stuck on a black window. If I try to force reset it or anything like that, the
    UI for power controls is disabled and if I try to manually kill vmware-vmx.exe, it just won't die. I've tried with Process Hacker and with Task Manager, to no avail. The only way to kill vmware-vmx.exe is to restart my host. The host is a Dell Inspiron 3650
    with an Intel Core i3 6100, 8GBs of DDR3 RAM, a WD Blue 1TB HD and Intel HD Graphics 530. I have also downgraded to VMware Workstation 15.0.1 which also didn't fix the issue. The guest is Ubuntu 18.04, however no matter what OS i'm running in the guest, this
    happens regardless.

Ghostlex, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation - Similar Threads - Guest Operating Systems

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. Error "CPU has been disabled by the guest Operating System" VMware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error "CPU has been disabled by the guest Operating System" VMware: I am not able use VMware after after updating windows a few days. It shows the error "CPU has been disabled by the guest Operating System". I tried uninstalling and then installing the software, I have also ensured virtualisation is enabled in the BIOS and also followed the...
  5. BSOD when copying files from host to guest VMware workstation VMs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when copying files from host to guest VMware workstation VMs.: Hello, I am encountering BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA whenever I attempt to copy files from my host machine into my VMware Workstation VMs. It is not VM specific but happens to different VMs as well. This occurs 7 out of 10 times and I can't identify the cause of it...
  6. Connection to VMWare guest unstable

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Connection to VMWare guest unstable: Can anybody tell me what on earth is going on here? I've got a VMWare guest (Linux Mint 17.2 KDE, 64 bit, running on VMWare Workstation 11) with Samba shares. Access from the Host as well as other devices in the LAN always worked flawlessly. But all of a sudden it has stopped...
  7. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  8. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  9. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  10. Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze

Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze: Hello all, Im having an interesting issue where it seems like any guest OS I install into VMWare crashes or freezes shortly after being powered on. Right now I have a Windows 8.1 x64 VM and a Fedora Workstation 25 x64 VM and they both lock up on me. I have no idea whats...