Windows 10: Guest User Restriction

Discus and support Guest User Restriction in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I want to restrict access to a drive by a local user account. With my admin account I did Properties > Security > Remove all access for that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CriticalHunter, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Guest User Restriction

Hello.

I want to restrict access to a drive by a local user account. With my admin account I did Properties > Security > Remove all access for that user account. And when I switch to the other account it just shows NTFS drive and inaccessible.

But within that account when I did Properties > Security > Gave myself all permissions it removed the restriction.

Note : No admin password was asked. My admin account was signed out.

How is this possible ?

Thank You

:)

CriticalHunter, Nov 25, 2019

2. Guest

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Guest User Restriction

Need to restrict user access

Hi,

I suggest you to create guest account. Guest account is designed for users who require temporary access to a computer and don’t need to store their user-specific profile settings permanently. Users who log on as a guest have
    a very limited set of permissions. For example, they cannot access other users’ files or perform system wide tasks such as installing software or hardware.

For security reasons, the built-in Guest account is disabled by default. This prevents users from having an option to log on to the system as Guest.

Files on the root of C: are available to the guest account in order to allow it to run properly, but files in the "Users" folder are not unless someone gave the guest user folder permissions.

To enable the guest account I would suggest you to try the following steps.

a. Type This PC in the search bar.

b. Right-click This PC , and then click Manage.

c. Click Local Users and Groups.

d. Click Users.

f. Right-click the Guest account, choose Properties.

g. On the General tab, select Account is Enabled.

h. Click Ok.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Guest User Restriction

1. Guest User Restriction - Similar Threads - Guest User Restriction

2. Set up guest user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up guest user: How do I set up a guest user that has access to programs on my computer, but not my personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-guest-user/fe8c5af1-f430-4967-acd2-836d33d2ebeb
  3. Set up guest user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up guest user: How do I set up a guest user that has access to programs on my computer, but not my personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-guest-user/fe8c5af1-f430-4967-acd2-836d33d2ebeb
  4. Set up guest user

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. change name of guest user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change name of guest user: how to change name of guest user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-guest-user/4538f110-9bd2-4fde-906e-46b5e14b22e6
  6. change name of guest user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change name of guest user: how to change name of guest user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-guest-user/4538f110-9bd2-4fde-906e-46b5e14b22e6
  7. Guest User customisation

Guest User customisation: How do i allow guest user to download and access apps/programs on just guest but not on admin profile while at the same time also allowing games from admin available on guest profile. Simply i have given guest profile access to games purpose but now i want to also give...
  8. How to restrict guest user in Windows 10

How to restrict guest user in Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem now I using windows10 in Virtual Box. I need to create a guest account on windows 10 and i need to do with a guest user: Guest User should not be allowed to: · Change anything in the background. · Update Software · Cannot access control...
  9. User restrictions

User restrictions: How can I restrict a user profile from downloading programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-restrictions/701495f4-6697-427d-ad20-16d961188fa1"
  10. Restricting Local Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restricting Local Users: Please don't mind. I know this topic does not belong to this forum but I posted this earlier in User Safety Forum and even yesterday also posted in User Safety Forum but did not receive any reply. So I thought to try in this Forum. My problem is as follows : I have two...