Windows 10: GUI for copy files from A to B that don't exist on B

Discus and support GUI for copy files from A to B that don't exist on B in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there while this is easy in Linux : (rsync -a -v --ingnore -existing /dir/a/ /dir/b) you need the '/' after first directory) some people prefer a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Nov 15, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

GUI for copy files from A to B that don't exist on B

jimbo45, Nov 15, 2016

2. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

I just read an article in the new Linux magazine on the use of Ramdisks. Using those as a file system can drastically speed up read and write performance. That would be a cool feature to build in the OS of mobile phones that hold a memory card anyway, wouldn´t
    it. Then saving a large Excel sheet wouldn´t take ages as it does now (on my E61 anyway), but just a few seconds...

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

does no one have any opinion on this?

In the meantime I´ve learnt that this only makes sense if you already have the RAM necessary and you don´t use it otherwise - but that´s often the case. Me for my part, I have a 2GB memory disk in there and there are maybe 1.5GB free on that one.

That should be relatively easy to implement provided you have a shell as I think the N models do. Actually, it should be possible to implement sth like a Shell on the E models. too, since they´re based on Symbian which is (at least derived from) an OpenSource
    system, no?

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Nov 15, 2016
  4. altae Win User

On Windows I use Fastcopy for such tasks. But rsync is also a good tool.

altae, Nov 15, 2016
  5. mike s Win User
    +1 for FastCopy on simple tasks.

But FreeFileSync is more versatile.

mike s, Nov 15, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Good find !!

I was more biased because I use rsync regularly on Linux server -- sometimes download TV series from USA (not saying where from !!!) on Windows machine and want when I get home to sync with my PLEX server !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GUI for copy files from A to B that don't exist on B - Similar Threads - GUI copy files

2. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  3. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  4. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update b

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update b: Windows update b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-b/d398ccd3-580b-4404-9fb0-3b8d01d107ba
  6. Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A: Hi All, I have a strange problem. This is with two Win 10 computers and a 2.5in SSD I have an internal connected directly to the motherboard 2.5in SSD 1TB in Computer A with WIN10 nothing else. So it is almost empty. I took it out because I wanted to copy a lot of files from...
  7. Windows 10Automatically copy file changes from folder A to folder B everytime any file in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10Automatically copy file changes from folder A to folder B everytime any file in...: Hello! Whenever I edit any file in folder A, I want the newly edited file in folder A to be automatically copied to folder B. How to make it happen? Please help me! Windows version: Windows 10 submitted by /u/Myran117 [link] [comments]...
  8. File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission.

File transfer from user A to user B without user B's permission.: How do I transfer a text document from User A to User B without his permission? Methods I saw had to have user B's permission and another method gave me a prompt saying that user b's files will be deleted and I don't want that. I simply need to add/move/copy a txt file....
  9. Cannot copy file from PC A on Domain A to a file share (either mapped or UNC) on Domain B

Cannot copy file from PC A on Domain A to a file share (either mapped or UNC) on Domain B: PC A - Windows 7/Windows 10 (neither work) Domain A - Windows 2008 R2 domain Domain B - Windows 2008 R2 domain PC A from Domain A cannot copy file(s) from mentioned PC to a file share (either by UNC or mapped drive) to Domain B There is a two-way trust between Domain A...
  10. command line to copy files from dir A to B but skip existing ones

in Windows 10 Support
    command line to copy files from dir A to B but skip existing ones: Hi there Is there a Windows command that can copy files from say directory A to directory B but skip any with the same name I don't want to update even if say directory A has a newer version than directory B --simply use existing names --if it exists skip. I'm trying to...