Windows 10: GUI malfunctioning in Windows

Discus and support GUI malfunctioning in Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a Windows 10 user and a part-time gamer so as expected I adjust my volume a lot to the enviroment. All has been fine up to today when I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alekahmeti, Dec 21, 2020.

1. GUI malfunctioning in Windows

I'm a Windows 10 user and a part-time gamer so as expected I adjust my volume a lot to the enviroment. All has been fine up to today when I couldn't change the volume of my speakers through GUI because the sliding the edge was impossible. Then I managed to do it by clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and moving it through the arrow keys.

Then I wanted to turn off my pc so i clicked the start button and the 'power' icon but instead of showing the possibilities such as 'sleep', 'restart' or 'turn off' it just couldn't be clicked...

What's wrong with my Windows GUI and how can I fix it?

PS: There are some links related to similar problems but none of them is succint enough and runs for lines and lines without a viable option at least to me

:)

alekahmeti, Dec 21, 2020

2. Windows Defender GUI Malfunctioning

Hi,

There are several workarounds that we can perform to fix issues with Windows Defender. Aside from what you have already performed, you can also try the suggested troubleshooting steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96, dated last February 1, 2017, on this
    thread. We suggest that you perform the steps one by one and please
    note of the results as much as possible.

Please update us with the result.

Lawrence Lib, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Windows Defender GUI Malfunctioning

Hi again. We really apologize if we took long to provide a response as we are trying to figure out the next possible troubleshooting steps for an unusual case like your. Let's try these methods:

Method 1: Enable Windows Defender from Control Panel.

• Press Windows key + X, click on Control Panel.
    • On right top corner, click on View and then choose Large items.
    • Now from the list, click on Windows Defender and try to enable it. If you're unable to proceed, try to enable it from
      services.
    Method 2: Enable Windows Defender from ervices.msc.

• Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter to open
      Services
      list.
    • Under Services look from Windows Defender service and start the service.

Again, we're sorry for the late reply. Please let us know if these methods help.

Lawrence Lib, Dec 21, 2020
  4. GUI malfunctioning in Windows

Windows Defender GUI Malfunctioning

We appreciate the comprehensive response. Have you tried the solution suggested by
    Scfix? In the event that you still encounter the same issue after performing the suggested solution, we'd like to rule out any account related errors by creating a new user profile and check if you encounter the same issue. To create
    a new user account, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    support article

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

GUI malfunctioning in Windows

1. GUI malfunctioning in Windows - Similar Threads - GUI malfunctioning

2. Windows Server Backup GUI missing [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Backup GUI missing [Fix]: [IMG]After configuring the backup of the Windows Server, if you try to trigger the backup but find that the GUI is missing, then this post is sure to help you. In this post, we will see what you can do if the Windows Server Backup GUI is missing. Fix Windows Server Backup GUI...
  3. local users and creating new users cant log in to a microsoft account because the gui does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local users and creating new users cant log in to a microsoft account because the gui does...: Whenever i try to log in to microsoft from a local user or while creating a new user, the gui to do so appears for a split second then closes, and as such I am unable to log in to microsofton netplwiz on the first try it says unable to connect to microsoft services, on every...
  4. local users and creating new users cant log in to a microsoft account because the gui does...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    local users and creating new users cant log in to a microsoft account because the gui does...: Whenever i try to log in to microsoft from a local user or while creating a new user, the gui to do so appears for a split second then closes, and as such I am unable to log in to microsofton netplwiz on the first try it says unable to connect to microsoft services, on every...
  5. After login to windows 10 the GUI shows for 30 seconds then disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After login to windows 10 the GUI shows for 30 seconds then disappears: Need help. After login to windows 10 the GUI shows for 30 seconds then screen disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-login-to-windows-10-the-gui-shows-for-30/3dfdbccd-18f6-4e46-a514-ac5bebf5067a
  6. After login to windows 10 the GUI shows for 30 seconds then disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After login to windows 10 the GUI shows for 30 seconds then disappears: Need help. After login to windows 10 the GUI shows for 30 seconds then screen disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-login-to-windows-10-the-gui-shows-for-30/3dfdbccd-18f6-4e46-a514-ac5bebf5067a
  7. After login to windows 10 the GUI shows for 30 seconds then disappears

8. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  9. why gui boot is glitched?

why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  10. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Customization