Windows 10: Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption

Discus and support Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is aware of reports of vulnerabilities in the hardware encryption of certain self-encrypting drives (SEDs). Customers concerned about this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV180028

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2018

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Thank you for the clarification. You may do an additional configuration of BitLocker, to do so check the article about
    Windows 10 with BitLocker Drive Encryption, find and follow the Step-by-Step Configuration
    in the same link.

Let us know the result.

Ernie San, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Guidance for configuring BitLocker to enforce software encryption - Similar Threads - Guidance configuring BitLocker

2. Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption: Dear all,I have had a brand new laptop which is bitlocker encrypted "device mode" as most windows users I guess. I want to return the laptop within the 2 weeks return policy as it does not fully match my needs. This laptop contains professional files though which I do not...
  3. Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset drive while enforcing bitlocker encryption: Dear all,I have had a brand new laptop which is bitlocker encrypted "device mode" as most windows users I guess. I want to return the laptop within the 2 weeks return policy as it does not fully match my needs. This laptop contains professional files though which I do not...
  4. Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption: Hello, ive been locked out of my windows account, since i need my old security old email. Which i no longer have acces to, ive contacted microsoft, and they gave me 2 options. Wait 30 days to update security mail and i dont know if they even will do it or clean install which...
  5. Encryption Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption Software: I'm currently looking for software that will encrypt a user account on Windows. For example, I have VeraCrypt that encrypts my whole system partition but I would like a program to encrypt individual user accounts and unlock after the person logs in with Windows Hello. 183655
  6. BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker encryption missing PIN configuration: Hi, I need some help on the BitLocker. We have corporate Windows 10 Enterprise OS and need to configure BitLocker to encrypt C drive. However, BitLocker doesn't have PIN option to configure. Anyone can help? Any idea ? [ATTACH]...
  7. Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives: Win 10 Pro 64-bit Ver. 1909 b,18363.535 I'm looking at options for securing the USB flash drives (content) from unauthorised access. I don't care so much about losing the data -it's largely a back-up of working data- but want to provide an obstacle so they would reformat the...
  8. Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance on Bitlocker Encryption setup - Removable USB Flash Drives: Win 10 Pro 64-bit Ver. 1909 b,18363.535 I'm looking at options for securing the USB flash drives (content) from unauthorised access. I don't care so much about losing the data -it's largely a back-up of working data- but want to provide an obstacle so they would reformat the...
  9. Windows guidance for Bluetooth key length enforcement

in Windows 10 News
    Windows guidance for Bluetooth key length enforcement: Windows guidance for Bluetooth key length enforcement Applies to: Windows 10 version 1903, Windows 10 version 1809, Windows 10 version 1803, Windows 10 version 1709, Windows 10 version 1703, Windows 10 version 1607, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2019 all versions,...
  10. Encryption software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encryption software: Not a national security issue, but I have a couple of files that I'd like to encryption so casual users, like a friend a my party who wants to search the web for something, would not see it accidentally. Preferably something free and easy to use. Any suggestions?