Windows 10: Guidance Reqd - How do I Password Protect External SSD?

Discus and support Guidance Reqd - How do I Password Protect External SSD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have an external SSD which i recently purchased which comes with no software. i want to password protect/encrypt the entire External SSD which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jvenables, Dec 6, 2020.

1. jvenables Win User

Guidance Reqd - How do I Password Protect External SSD?

Hi,

I have an external SSD which i recently purchased which comes with no software.

i want to password protect/encrypt the entire External SSD which will both work on Windows & Android.

I have a lot of ebooks which i like to carry around with me which i want to be able to access on my Android tablet as well as my desktop at home.

I considered using Bitlocker, but i cant find anyway of unlocking the drive on Android.

I had considered Veracrypt, but also cant quite find a straight answer to how i unlock the drive on Android devices

Any guidance/thoughts would be appreciated

:)

jvenables, Dec 6, 2020

2. External drive password protection

I wish to protect my external hard drive with a password. Do you have any recommendations / methods that are not too complicated? Can you help please?

Kind regards, Willo.

* Moved from Virus & Malware

* Original title: External drive protection

NickDouble1, Dec 6, 2020
  3. password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Guidance Reqd - How do I Password Protect External SSD?

Issues with password protect video master player on windows 10

Hi Patrick,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know how exactly are you trying to access the password protected videos on your computer.

Step 1: I suggest you to Turn on & off
    Password protected sharing and check.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings
    • Under Password protected sharing, try to torn on and off this feature and check with the status of this issue.
    Refer:

Guidance Reqd - How do I Password Protect External SSD? clip_image0176.png

Step 2: Also, Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing password protected videos on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Guidance Reqd - How do I Password Protect External SSD?

1. Guidance Reqd - How do I Password Protect External SSD? - Similar Threads - Guidance Reqd Password

2. How do I bypass a password protected BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I bypass a password protected BIOS settings?: I need help to bypass the BIOS password on my PC. I can't remember the password I used. I need to bypass it so I can enable virtualization on my PC. How do I bypass the BIOS password or reset the password?I make use of an HP EliteBook 820 G1, Windows 10 Pro...
  3. How do I password protect a USB external disk drive without encrypting the data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I password protect a USB external disk drive without encrypting the data?: I have a Western Digital external disk drive I use in a USB port, and I would like to password protect the drive but I don't require encrypting the data. Seems this would be easy to do, but I can't find a utility that doesn't require encryption.If anyone wishes to respond, my...
  4. How do I password protect a USB external disk drive without encrypting the data?

How do I password protect a USB external disk drive without encrypting the data?: I have a Western Digital external disk drive I use in a USB port, and I would like to password protect the drive but I don't require encrypting the data. Seems this would be easy to do, but I can't find a utility that doesn't require encryption.If anyone wishes to respond, my...
  5. How do you Password protect a File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do you Password protect a File: I'm trying to password protect a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-password-protect-a-file/450cdc34-8571-4d0b-a7bb-c33362e0e9db
  6. How do you Password protect a File

How do you Password protect a File: I'm trying to password protect a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-password-protect-a-file/450cdc34-8571-4d0b-a7bb-c33362e0e9db
  7. How do I remove HDD/SSD Password ?

How do I remove HDD/SSD Password ?: I start my toshiba satellite radius P55W B5224 and get a screen to enter HDD/SSD password. Cant even access BIOS setup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-hddssd-password/33760f95-a523-490f-8e17-436526e1a31f
  8. How do I password protect a folder

How do I password protect a folder: How do I password protect a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-password-protect-a-folder/a6e1a357-c248-44c4-adf0-d1fc02f569b2"
  9. How do I remove HDD/SSD password?

How do I remove HDD/SSD password?: I cant figure out how to remove the HDD/SDD password. I can get to the Toshiba Setup Utioy and get to the place where I change that password but I cant figure out how to delete it. How do i delete it?...
  10. how do I make a usb password protected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I make a usb password protected: how do I make a usb password protected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-usb-password-protected/4ca96360-b40e-4e22-a0d7-c2cd85a3d5ce"