Windows 10: guidance running legacy products "Outlook Express" and "Genie Backup"

Discus and support guidance running legacy products "Outlook Express" and "Genie Backup" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Seagate eSATA external hard drive that contains data from several years ago. To access the data under Windows 10, I will need to obtain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SweetTasha, Dec 29, 2019.

1. guidance running legacy products "Outlook Express" and "Genie Backup"

I have a Seagate eSATA external hard drive that contains data from several
    years ago. To access the data under Windows 10, I will need to obtain current
    versions of two "legacy" software products: 1 Outlook ExpressOE; 2 Genie
    BackupGBM. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Windows 10 versions of
    both products are available.

The OE data is stored in GBM files. Once I restore the OE data, I will need
    to be able to read it into an OE session. So, after that rather lengthy
    preamble, here's the crux of my question:

***What is necessary for me to open an OE account? I'm using an email client
    called Thunderbird. The ISP is Spectrum. Ultimately, I'll probably need to
    contact the vendors of both of those products, but I thought it might help
    to get an opinion and guidance here first.

Thanks. SweetTasha

:)

SweetTasha, Dec 29, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I just wasn't sure if it worked with XP. It is definitely way better than Outlook Express, and I actually prefer it to regular Outlook as well.

newtekie1, Dec 29, 2019
  3. I'm using dinosaur email-client in the form of Outlook Express 6.0

Follow the instructions below:

1. Shut down Outlook Express
    2. Click [Start]
    3. Select Find
    4. Select Files or Folders
    5. Enter the name of the corrupt folder. For example, inbox.dbx
    6. Click [Search]
    7. When search has found the folder, right-click on it and select rename
    8. Call it inbox.old (where inbox is the original folder name)

When you restart Outlook Express, a new folder will be created. You will need to repeat the above steps for each folder that is corrupted. The folders used by Outlook Express are called:

• inbox.dbx
    • outbox.dbx
    • sent*items.dbx
    • deleted*items.dbx
    • drafts.dbx
    In case nothing works you may take a look at
    Outlook Express Online Service
    - it was specially created for any devices like phones, tablets, and etc.

GoffJulissa, Dec 29, 2019
  4. guidance running legacy products "Outlook Express" and "Genie Backup"

Genie Media Server

Does anyone know the product code for Genie Media Server? I'm trying to uninstall it ... but it's not on my Programs and Features list. The Fixit utility asks me for the product number.

RKKramer46, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

guidance running legacy products "Outlook Express" and "Genie Backup"

1. guidance running legacy products "Outlook Express" and "Genie Backup" - Similar Threads - guidance running legacy

2. Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11?: Will my Microsoft Expression Web legacy software still run on Windows 11? I use that software to edit a website. and do not want to obtain and learn how to use another web editor....
  3. Outlook express 365 package

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook express 365 package: Outlook express unresponsive most times since I bought package about 2 years ago. Been asking for microsoft help does not really happen. Managed to get Microsoft to look online said it was fixed getting other errors now. Got asked to fill out survey a few times how it all...
  4. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Express email: I have been using Outlook Express email since last January. I am not receiving my email since yesterday. I get a window about 4" long and 3" high. It has 3 entry items. The first is: Server: smtp.comcast.net The second tells me to insert my email address. I do that. It is...
  5. Genie Timeline

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Genie Timeline: Hello, My Genie Timeline is not working. It worked without problems on Windows 7 but I've just recently upgraded to Windows 10, it worked ok after set up but has stopped working and won't open when selected in Startup. Thank you...
  6. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Express email: My outlook express email closes automatically within a few seconds of being open. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-express-email/60c55526-81eb-4369-ae2d-f33a0e48488e
  7. Outlook express account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook express account: How do I set up my Outlook Express account in order to retrieve all my old emails and receive new ones now that I have reformatted my hard disc and reinstalled Windows 10?...
  8. OUTLOOK EXPRESS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OUTLOOK EXPRESS: Bought new computer today..son set up for me....cannot receive any emails on outlook....could send earlier but not receive....HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/84e0cf2f-7ca7-4b2c-832c-6a1d8db1dc9f
  9. Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Express: How do I get latest version of Outlook Express downloaded to this CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/2c9d440f-c536-4ab8-972b-135a2e44857d
  10. Outlook Express issue

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Express issue: Hi all. Please help me to solve my problem with Outlook Express. When I try to open dbx file format in outlook express I receive the following error message: An unknow error has occurred...Account: 'mail.q.com', Server. Any advice how to repair outlook express? Hopefully...