Windows 10: Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

Discus and support Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps [ Updated for UWP apps on Windows 10. For Windows 8.x articles, see the archive ] In this guide,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 20, 2016.

1. Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps
    [ Updated for UWP apps on Windows 10. For Windows 8.x articles, see the archive ]

Source and more: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/win...platform-guide

:)

Cluster Head, May 20, 2016

2. Windows 10:What are the diffrences and contrast between a Store App and a Desktop App?

Hi

Store Apps = Universal Windows Platform code.

Desktop Programs = Win32 and COM code.

This is a very, very, complex subject. Here are a few links to get you started understanding the difference.

The Microsoft developers are working on merging these 2 coding platforms.

Win32 and COM for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps (data)

Win32 and COM for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps (data) - Windows app development

Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps:

What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app? - UWP app developer

Bring your desktop app to the Universal Windows Platform - Links + Video:

Convert your desktop app to a UWP app and enhance it with features such as Live Tiles, notifications, Cortana, and more!

Desktop conversion for UWP apps - Windows app development

Windows 8* Store vs Desktop App Development:

Windows 8* Store vs Desktop App Development | Intel® Software

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, May 20, 2016
  3. Sending Error to Google Drive

Dear All,

I am new in universal windows platform. Recently, i learning how to make app with UWP (universal windows platform). i've search for error reporting and send them to google drive or dropbox or another online storage, so i can easily monitor when the app (UWP)
    something error on wherever line code. just like ACRA on android. anybody help how to solve this?

sorry with my poor english

thanks

choirul huda, May 20, 2016
Thema:

Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

1. Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps - Similar Threads - Guide Universal Platform

2. latest win11 updated AMD Radeon™ Graphics product with a Universal Windows Platform UWP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    latest win11 updated AMD Radeon™ Graphics product with a Universal Windows Platform UWP...: on my new HP dd0117c all-in-one PC and therefore, not compatible with preinstalled AMD Radeon one.Is there a way to prevent this particular update from continually doing this so the computer can run the AMD graphics product? AMD website mentioned that "more advanced methods...
  3. latest win11 updated AMD Radeon™ Graphics product with a Universal Windows Platform UWP...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    latest win11 updated AMD Radeon™ Graphics product with a Universal Windows Platform UWP...: on my new HP dd0117c all-in-one PC and therefore, not compatible with preinstalled AMD Radeon one.Is there a way to prevent this particular update from continually doing this so the computer can run the AMD graphics product? AMD website mentioned that "more advanced methods...
  4. .NET Native – What is for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) developers

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Native – What is for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) developers: What is .NET Native? .NET Native is a precompilation technology for building Universal Windows apps in Visual Studio 2015. The .NET Native toolchain will compile your managed IL binaries into native binaries. Every managed (C# or VB) Universal Windows app will utilize this...
  5. The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

in Windows 10 News
    The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app: Last month, we provided an overview of the Desktop Bridge in this blog post. We are excited to announce that since then we’ve released a new version of the desktop app converter, adding support for great new features and fixing several issues to provide a more stable...
  6. Universal Windows Platform (UWP) docs are now on Docs.Microsoft.com

in Windows 10 News
    Universal Windows Platform (UWP) docs are now on Docs.Microsoft.com: I’m excited to announce the release of Universal Windows Platform (UWP) documentation on Docs.Microsoft.com. Docs.Microsoft.com is the one place for Microsoft’s technical documentation. As part of this release, we’ve also included the docs for the UWP APIs, Microsoft Edge,...
  7. React Native on the Universal Windows Platform

in Windows 10 News
    React Native on the Universal Windows Platform: Today, Microsoft and Facebook announced at Facebook’s developer conference, F8 2016, that we’re adding Universal Windows Platform (UWP) support to React Native. This is provided as an open source, community-supported framework. The new UWP support extends the reach of these...
  8. A deeper dive into the Universal Windows Platform

in Windows 10 News
    A deeper dive into the Universal Windows Platform: Hello from day 2 of Build 2015 in San Francisco. David Treadwell and I just gave the audience a peek at many of the new capabilities the new Universal Window Platform will enable, along with the associated tools and services. We also provided more insight into the Universal...
  9. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform source ; http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-app-platform/
  10. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: Earlier today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, I provided developers a first look at the Windows 10 developer platform strategy and universal app platform. I encourage you to tune in to our Build conference in April for the full story. Windows 10 represents the...