Windows 10: Guys how do I encrypt a folder and how does it work?

Discus and support Guys how do I encrypt a folder and how does it work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've heard you go to advanced settings by right-clicking on a file but the option is not aviable(like greyed out, cant click it) submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kimikokso157, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Guys how do I encrypt a folder and how does it work?

I've heard you go to advanced settings by right-clicking on a file but the option is not aviable(like greyed out, cant click it)

submitted by /u/kimikokso157
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kimikokso157, Apr 14, 2021

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Can't encrypt or password protect folders?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Are you logging-in using Administrator User account?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular folder or persist in all the folders?

Encrypting File System (EFS) is a feature of Windows that you can use to store information on your hard disk in an encrypted format. Encryption is the strongest protection that Windows provides to help you keep your information secure. I suggest you to try
    log-in through other Administrator account and perform the below given steps to encrypt the folder and check if it works:

How to encrypt a file

• Right-click (or tap and hold) a file or folder and select Properties.
    • Select the Advanced... button and select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box.
    • Select OK to close the Advanced Attributes window, select
      Apply, and then select OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Guys how do I encrypt a folder and how does it work?

Can't Encrypting Folder

Hi Jeanette,

The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and folders on NTFS drives to protect them from unwanted access. This is the strongest protection that is available in Windows to help you
    keep your individual files and folders secure. Here are the steps on how you can encrypt files and folders in Windows 10:

• Right-click the folder or file you want to encrypt, and then click Properties.
    • In the General tab, click on the Advanced button.
    • Check the Encrypt contents to secure data box, and click on OK.
    • Click OK and close Properties window.
    • Apply changes to the folder, subfolders and files when prompted. If it is a file, select to either Encrypt the file and its parent folder or Encrypt the file only for what you want, and click
      on OK.

Tip: The first time you encrypt a folder or file, an encryption certificate is automatically created. You should backup your encryption certificate. If you lose access to your encrypted files
    and folders, you will not be able to open them again unless you first restore the file encryption key for them.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Guys how do I encrypt a folder and how does it work?

1. Guys how do I encrypt a folder and how does it work? - Similar Threads - Guys encrypt folder

2. How do I access encrypted File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access encrypted File?: I recently did a factory reset of my PC. Before i did that, i moved an encrypted file to a thumb drive. I have a new user account and PC name and cannot access the encrypted file on the thumb drive. I do not recall how I encrypted the file, but chances are it was encrypted...
  3. How do I access encrypted File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I access encrypted File?: I recently did a factory reset of my PC. Before i did that, i moved an encrypted file to a thumb drive. I have a new user account and PC name and cannot access the encrypted file on the thumb drive. I do not recall how I encrypted the file, but chances are it was encrypted...
  4. Guys how do i fix this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guys how do i fix this: How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/guys-how-do-i-fix-this/7db90343-0eeb-42e1-8668-0f8d9f45b209
  5. how do i encrypt a .zip folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i encrypt a .zip folder?: encrypt : requires password to open .zip folder : a regular non-7zip/WinRAR/etc folder submitted by /u/Dr_DD_RpW_A [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ny56v6/how_do_i_encrypt_a_zip_folder/
  6. How do I fix this guys???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix this guys???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/malamondchew [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m78di9/how_do_i_fix_this_guys/
  7. How to encrypt a folder in windows 10

How to encrypt a folder in windows 10: I want to protect a folder in my desktop containing secret information But I don't know how to do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-encrypt-a-folder-in-windows-10/eb638001-9fe5-4e85-a803-42d9b94a4cbb
  8. how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i password protect/encrypt a folder?: i want to encrypt/ password protect a folder, but when i try to turn on encryption for the folder the area is greyed out, i downloaded winrar and 7zip but when i try to password protect or encrypt the folder it says folder not found, i edited the registry, i used encryption0...
  9. How Do I Correct Encrypted Folders??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Correct Encrypted Folders??: I’ve gotten some help from this forum and I appreciate it, but I’m still having issues with Windows 10. I have an encrypted folder in Win 7 that is on an external 4TB “Data” drive that I used with an older Win7 laptop that was not showing up as green encrypted as it did in...
  10. How do I encrypt the folder of Photo on Windows 10?

How do I encrypt the folder of Photo on Windows 10?: I don't trust cloud, and I'm also afraid of privacy been poked by someone even if he is not a hacker. So, Is there a way to encrypt my folders on Windows 10 and also iPhone? 109564