Windows 10: gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing?

Discus and support gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Nothing since 2015, recently for me on 10 latest build* Moved from Community Center* Old thread with no solution: gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Peterde Liefde, May 18, 2023.

1. gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing?

Nothing since 2015, recently for me on 10 latest build* Moved from Community Center* Old thread with no solution: gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown

:)

Peterde Liefde, May 18, 2023
  2. little cat, May 18, 2023
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing? 202359d1536080677t-inexplicable-restarts-biosagentplus-1.jpg

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing? 202360d1536080746t-inexplicable-restarts-biosagentplus-2.jpg

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, May 18, 2023
  4. gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 18, 2023
Thema:

gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing?

1. gvrbackgroundwinows3 on restart or closing? - Similar Threads - gvrbackgroundwinows3 restart closing

2. Computer restarts when lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts when lid is Closed: Hello, I have an Asus ROG G750JM and the laptop has started to restart every time i close the lid. When i put the lid backup, it is booting up and anything i was doing on Windows Browsers, games,etc is lost. I checked all my power settings and they have not changed. Fully...
  3. PC randomly restarting after closing a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC randomly restarting after closing a game: 2 Error codes 4311, NetBT Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC...
  4. Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid

Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid: Hello, Sometimes when I close my laptop lid and leave the PC for sometime 3 hours plus I come back to my machine to find that it has reset itself. As a result of this all of my programmes and files that I had open when I left the device have been closed. I have spent hour...
  5. Laptop closing down and restarting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop closing down and restarting.: Hello, [ATTACH] I went for a period when this was not happening until now again, previously the advice posted for the same problem was like reinventing the wheel, I did nothing. What has been changed are my Power settings which I have changed again to trial My Laptop...
  6. Laptop restarts automatically after closing Lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts automatically after closing Lid: Hello, I close the lid of the laptop, and then when opening the lid after a few hours, the laptop has restarted automatically because of which I lose my work. This has happened 3-4 times before too. Can anyone please tell me what may be the reason behind this? And any...
  7. Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.

Restart closes Windows 10 but does not reboot.: Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 whenever I use the Restart button Windows closes OK and my computer continues to run, but Windows fails to reboot and I have to press the Reset button to get it to reboot. Power settings are the same as I had in Win 7 and the...
  8. Safe to close laptop during restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to close laptop during restart?: This is an embarrassing question, that I'd think I could google a definitive answer for, but I can't: Is it safe to close a laptop (in my case, an HP Probook 450 G5) while it's restarting? The background: It's been more than 15 years since I used a laptop extensively, but...
  9. Windows Live Mail restarts after closing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail restarts after closing: My wife and I have accounts on our desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. When my wife closes her Windows Live Mail client it reopens again within seconds. If she then closes it again it stays closed. When I close Windows Live Mail I do not have this problem. I have...
  10. shortcut close down and restart windows

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcut close down and restart windows: in windows 7 and 8 I could place a shortcut on my desktop to either closedown or restart my PC which I found on the Windows 8 site. will this still work on windows 10? 8727