Windows 10: GW10 Troubleshooter says I'm not eligible!

Discus and support GW10 Troubleshooter says I'm not eligible! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, here's an odd one. I'm using Win7 64bit Professional SP1, with all updates, but haven't got the GW10 icon. Tried using the FixGWX program, that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Roger99, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Roger99 Win User

GW10 Troubleshooter says I'm not eligible!

Hi, here's an odd one.
    I'm using Win7 64bit Professional SP1, with all updates, but haven't got the GW10 icon.
    Tried using the FixGWX program, that didn't fix it.
    I ran the Windows Troubleshooter, it says I'm not eligible (screenshots below).
    It says I'm using Win 6.1 on an amd64 which is ridiculous! I'm using Win 7.1 on an Intel i7.
    The usual Computer Properties screen shows the correct results.

What is going wrong here?

GW10 Troubleshooter says I'm not eligible! [​IMG]

:)

Roger99, Jul 29, 2015

2. KB2952664 is installed but GW10 Troubleshooter says it's not.

so the GW10 app does not appear on my taskbar so I use the "GW10 Troubleshooter" to find the problem and fix it. It says that update "KB2952664" is not installed, but I checked and IT IS installed. I did uninstalled and reinstalled it through Windows Update
    and updated all important updates, but apparently it didn't work.

I also follow this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048 but it seem like everything has already been installed including the "service pack 1"

NithinanThongsriket, Jul 29, 2015
  3. KB2952664 is installed but GW10 Troubleshooter says it's not.

Hi,

I would suggest you to use the media creation tool to download the ISO file and then upgrade using the ISO file. You can download the media creation tool from the following link:

Download Windows 10

When you run the media creation tool, choose the option to create a installation media and then choose the option to create an ISO. Once you have downloaded the ISO file, open it in File Explorer and run the file 'Setup.exe' to start the upgrade. Make sure
    that you do not boot from the installation media to perform a clean installation as this will require a product key.

Bennet Martin, Jul 29, 2015
  4. GW10 Troubleshooter says I'm not eligible!

If this is a legit install that's activated, just download the Media Creation Tool and run the upgrade from there.

DeaconFrost, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Hi @Roger99 welcome to TenForums!

Firstly, can you confirm that your windows has all available updates installed? We can take a look further once that is confirmed.

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    FYI, Windows 7 is Windows 6.1.

Vista was Windows 6.0. Windows 8 was 6.2, 8.1 was 6.3, and 10 is 6.4

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Roger99 Win User
    I checked this morning. Everything up to date. And yes, it's a legit copy of Win 7 Pro.

Roger99, Jul 29, 2015
  8. GW10 Troubleshooter says I'm not eligible!

alphanumeric, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Do you have Service pack 1 installed? I see it listed in the screen shot but can't tell if its telling you its installed, or showing you the link to actually install it?

10. Roger99 Win User
    Yes, I've been using SP1 since it first came out.

Roger99, Jul 29, 2015
  11. OK, just wanted to make sure. If you didn't that would explain why you don't qualify.

12. Really1 Win User
    If you are running Windows 7 and it says that Windows is not up to date then it is not up to date. Update it! Read all the past posts that people took time to do and you should be fine.

Really1, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

Make sure you haven't hidden any updates.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  14. Roger99 Win User
    I've repeatedly checked for new updates. Nothing hidden. The only update I haven't downloaded is Silverlight, that I don't want.
    Going to try that Media Creation Tool.

Roger99, Jul 29, 2015
  15. Really1 Win User
    You must have 2 updates installed
    KB3035583 and KB2952664
    If you have them then use the Media tool. It should work with Np. : )

Really1, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. GW10 Troubleshooter says I'm not eligible! - Similar Threads - GW10 Troubleshooter says

2. Cant update to windows 11. Although I'm eligible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update to windows 11. Although I'm eligible: The PC health check App tells me that I am meeting the minimum requirements for windows 11. But in settings it shows that i don't.* Changed to a question...
  3. i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable: i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-troubleshoot-im-getting-a-prompt-saying-the/7eadf362-cf1d-40eb-8af2-c1699c5cd5ba
  4. i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable: i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-troubleshoot-im-getting-a-prompt-saying-the/7eadf362-cf1d-40eb-8af2-c1699c5cd5ba
  5. PC Health check says I'm eligible for Windows 11, Update & Security settings say I am not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health check says I'm eligible for Windows 11, Update & Security settings say I am not.: Hi!In the Update & Security settings for my pc it states 'This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11 and refers me to the PC Health Check app.Using the PC Health Check app it says 'This PC meets Windows 11 requirements'Am I missing...
  6. PC Health check says I'm eligible for Windows 11, Update & Security settings say I am not.

PC Health check says I'm eligible for Windows 11, Update & Security settings say I am not.: Hi!In the Update & Security settings for my pc it states 'This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11 and refers me to the PC Health Check app.Using the PC Health Check app it says 'This PC meets Windows 11 requirements'Am I missing...
  7. PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible: Basically the title. Tried restarting my pc multiple times and still no change. Any clue?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-app-says-im-eligible-for-windows-11-but/6b1acdcb-117d-4635-8c3f-ee4324b9f24c
  8. PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible

PC Health App says I'm eligible for Windows 11, but Windows Update screen says I'm not eligible: Basically the title. Tried restarting my pc multiple times and still no change. Any clue?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-app-says-im-eligible-for-windows-11-but/6b1acdcb-117d-4635-8c3f-ee4324b9f24c
  9. Eligibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eligibility: My computer specifications are Intel core2duo CPU E8300 @2.83GHz 4.00 GB RAM 80 GB Garddrive I have installed Windows 10 enterprise. Is it safe using it on these specifications...
  10. Says I'm up to date, but I'm not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Says I'm up to date, but I'm not: Windows Update tells me my laptop is up to date even though I'm trying to upgrade to version 1809 and my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 5579 2-in-1) is currently running version 1803. I admittedly had a couple of failed attempts to download 1809 on this laptop earlier, but now my...