Windows 10: GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever

Discus and support GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] The app now has its very own monitoring mode GWX Control Panel is an application that was specifically designed to help Windows 7 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 24, 2015.

1. GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever

GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/gwx-c...ampaign=buffer

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 24, 2015
  2. Scott 98 Win User

How do I avoid an automatic upgrade to Windows 10?

are you using Windows 7 ? if so go to updates then settings then uncheck where it says install recommended updates automatically, also install GWX control panel that will completely stop Windows 10 and take away Windows 10 icon, good luck.

Scott 98, Nov 24, 2015
  3. Stop Windows 10 from downloading

Go on the net and download GWX Control Panel.

Read the instructions carefully and make sure you choose all the correct answers.

This will stop Win 10 from loading and get rid of all Win 10 files.

When you download updates make sure you run GWX Control Panel, after, to rid yourself of Win 10 Files you may have downloaded in the updates!

Gerard J.McCormack, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever

GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/gwx-c...ampaign=buffer Have you actually tried this? Personally, I am not comfortable with much of anything available from Softpedia

Trust_No1, Nov 24, 2015
  5. zooburner Win User
    Get it directly from the authors website
    I'm so grateful to people who create great software like this, it is just really sad that Microsoft didn't give you an option to permanently opt-out
    Ultimate Outsider - Software Downloads

zooburner, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
  7. zooburner Win User
    zooburner, Nov 25, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 25, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Thank you for this tutorial.
    I used to tell people to set Windows Update to Manual in order to prevent Win 10 from downloading. It's no longer necessary if one uses your tutorial.

Just want to be sure..........
    when MS changes the Win 10 Update to Recommended Update, will your tutorial still be able to block Win 10 from downloading ?

davidhk, Nov 27, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    My concern is this even though I am using windows 10 but I also use windows 7 in a multi-boot system

Microsoft sets more aggressive Windows 10 push for users of older Windows versions - FierceCIO

Will all the methods listed in this thread work when 10 is changed to Recommended update?

groze, Nov 27, 2015
  11. larc919 Win User
    If you don't upgrade then, you will get a knock on your door... *Wink

larc919, Nov 28, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep. It completely disables the "Upgrade to Windows 10" update. *Smile

Brink, Nov 28, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Thank you.

davidhk, Nov 28, 2015
  14. groze Win User
    Thank you.

groze, Nov 28, 2015
  15. zooburner Win User
    Hi Brink
    Thanks for that, I followed some of the links and found myself on a Microsoft download page that allows you to download a updated windows update, as I understand this it install a new group policy.

I intend to install windows 7 from scratch, can I alter this setting before i download any updates at all ?
    Do I need to do this download from Microsoft, or will simply altering the registry settings before I do any updates be be enough ?

zooburner, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

1. GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever - Similar Threads - GWX Control Panel

2. Win 10 Sound Control Panel Not Responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Sound Control Panel Not Responding: Hey guys, trying to set up some speakers and Sound Control Panel keeps crashing when I open the recording bar. Any ideas? Cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-sound-control-panel-not-responding/50fb89ca-2d04-4d3f-815d-c6732cc13173
  3. Taking forever to update win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever to update win 10: Hello guys, Earlier i posted a question about a freezing problem in my pc. I think i have found a solution to it. Looks like there is a problem with my wifi driver. When i connect to the internet via ethernet such a problem doesn't arise. However i was able to use my pc...
  4. win 10 control panel opening by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 control panel opening by itself: I am running win 10 on acer aspire E1-571 , INTEL CORE i7. few months ago control panel started opening by itself ? I ignored it for a while , But it happens when you doing something important and blocks the screen . very annoying . any ideas what could be causing it ....
  5. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  6. Windows update is not in the control panel,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update is not in the control panel,: Windows update is not in the control panel, where is it? 14814
  7. Remove Update Windows 10 from Control Panel Check For Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remove Update Windows 10 from Control Panel Check For Updates: I'm trying to intstall updates for Windows 7 in Control Panel/Check for updates/Install Updates, but Upgrade to Windows 10 is on screen and I can't seem to proceed without the update. I already tried it and I don't like it so backed out. I don't want to upgrade and want it...
  8. How Do I Control Monitor's Control Panel from W/in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How Do I Control Monitor's Control Panel from W/in Win 10?: Hi guys, I got an HP monitor. I was wondering if its possible to control the monitor's control panel, like brightness and other controls from within Win 10. Let me know. 92229
  9. Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up: I have a Dell XPS 8700 that I previously upgraded to Win10 and then rolled back to Win7 for game compatibility. After the restoration of Win7, I disabled GWX. Yesterday I ran GWX Control Panel to insure that I had killed any Win10 pending upgrade. Out of curiosity I ran SFC...
  10. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10: How to: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 SIZE=5]How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10[/SIZE] The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...