GWXUX.EXE error How to solve?

Discus and support GWXUX.EXE error How to solve? in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; GWXUX.exe is a file that’s supposed to nag you to upgrade to Windows 10. After downloading an update called KB30335583 a lot of people started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

GWXUX.exe is a file that’s supposed to nag you to upgrade to Windows 10. After downloading an update called KB30335583 a lot of people started to sometimes, for nor reason, get an error that says “GWXUX has stopped working” or “GWXUX – application error”. Even though the error itself can be just closed, and won’t [...]

The post How to solve the GWXUX.EXE error appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Jun 19, 2018
  2. DataMiner2 Win User

GWXUX Errors Advice Needed

thank you! it looks like i am still having critical errors from GWXUX even after the recommended solutions. any other ideas? thanks.

DataMiner2, Jun 19, 2018
  3. GeoffLester Win User
    [SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

The clean boot needs an exe file to work, so therefore I can't do one!!!

Any other ideas that do not need a exe file?

GeoffLester, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

[SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

Hi,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you get?
    • Is the issue specific to opening .exe files?
    I would request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if the .exe files can be opened.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Please revert if you still find error while opening the .exe files.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. GWXUX.EXE error How to solve? - Similar Threads - GWXUX EXE error

2. exe error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe error: hi i want to install some .exe programs but my pc shows "operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains virus or potentially unwanted software" but i sure these files are completely fine . and this programs worked in another pc. and my antiviruses are off...
  3. exe error

in Windows 10 Customization
    exe error: hi i want to install some .exe programs but my pc shows "operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains virus or potentially unwanted software" but i sure these files are completely fine . and this programs worked in another pc. and my antiviruses are off...
  4. Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10: Just woke one morning after what I assume was a system update (had my computer offer me the option to update and shut down last night, but not today) to see a whole swath of programs (that still have their .exe file in their location) give me that error. In some help forums...
  5. Creating an .exe file to run Micorosft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Creating an .exe file to run Micorosft Edge.: I have a keyboard with a pad of 18 programmable keys. I use them to run various programs and commands like copy and paste, firefox, crome, Outlook, etc. I have been completely stumped trying to get Microsoft Edge to launch as there is no convenient Microsoft Edge.exe to be...
  6. Windows 10 does not pass target to Legacy exe apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 does not pass target to Legacy exe apps: Under Windows 10, when I try to open a file using "Open With" any legacy exe, the program opens without opening the target, i.e. the file is not passed as an argument to the program. This also happens if I assign the program as the default app for particular file types. These...
  7. UAC rundll32.exe prompt & application taskbar icon context menu options not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UAC rundll32.exe prompt & application taskbar icon context menu options not functioning: Windows 10 Home v1803 build 17134.137 Two issues started around the same time a week ago: (1) Taskbar application icon context menu opens but options do not function. (Unpin/repin didn't fix) (2) Getting rundll32 UAC prompts when accessing certain settings like 'change...
  8. Cannot open. exe files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open. exe files: When I am trying to open . exe file I am getting a message "The system cannot find the file specified " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-open-exe-files/b3c0e678-448b-473e-8c29-6a0cc1961698
  9. "A required privilege is not held by the client" on Windows 10 when trying to install *.exe...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "A required privilege is not held by the client" on Windows 10 when trying to install *.exe...: The title says it all! There's nothing more to add. Even when I try using "Run as administrator" I get the same thing. The problem persists with several executable files....
  10. how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

in Windows 10 Support
    how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.: I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created. 113409