Windows 10: GWXUX has stopped working in Windows 10

Discus and support GWXUX has stopped working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] GWXUX is a process that is responsible for downloading and installing updates for Windows 10. It is installed on to a computer via Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 7, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

GWXUX has stopped working in Windows 10

GWXUX has stopped working in Windows 10 GWXUX-has-stopped-working-100x100.png
    GWXUX is a process that is responsible for downloading and installing updates for Windows 10. It is installed on to a computer via Windows Updates. That update is named as KB3035583. With this, the Get Windows 10 pop-ups are installed and then initiated by [...]

This post GWXUX has stopped working in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 7, 2018

2. GWXUX Has Stopped working

Having installed Windows 10, and NOT enjoyed it, I have reverted back to Windows 8.1 but am continuously getting the message GWXUX HAS STOPPED WORKING. I cannot find a way of removing the Windows 10 update, listed in the Windows Updates.

Any help would be much appreciated

PaulCoombs_1969, Sep 7, 2018
  3. GWXUX Has Stopped working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

GWXUX HAS STOPPED WORKING is an error that pop up when Windows 10 reservation has not executed as it was suppose to. In your case since you do not want the update, I would suggest that you follow the steps provided below to
    Hide/Block update.

1. Uninstall KB3035583 which is the number for the installation of Windows 10.

2. Then go to> Control panel>windows update>installed updates,sort by name>Update for Microsoft Windows KB3035583 and click on uninstall and reboot your system.

3. Then navigate to Windows\System32\GWX.

Note: You may have to take ownership of the folder before deleting it as it may prompt admin permission.

To take ownership of a folder follow the steps mentioned below

• Right click on the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Spaz Dude Win User

"GWXUX has stopped working" error for Windows 10

Hi,

I wanted to reserve Windows 10 for my computer, however when I click on the icon in the taskbar it loads and then says "GWXUX has stopped working" It then closes the program. I have Windows 8.1 and want to reserve Windows 10 for free while it's here.

Please help!

Thanks,

Brian

Spaz Dude, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. GWXUX has stopped working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - GWXUX has stopped

2. Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working: Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GUD0N\4&69f755f&0&020000 was migrated. Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GUD0N\4&69f755f&0&020000 Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0x0 Present: false Device...
  3. Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cd rom has stopped working: Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GUD0N\4&69f755f&0&020000 was migrated. Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_DVDRAM_GUD0N\4&69f755f&0&020000 Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Location Path: Migration Rank: 0x0 Present: false Device...
  4. Skype has stopped working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Skype has stopped working on Windows 10: When people think of video-calling, they think of Skype. Although it now faces stiff competition from the likes of Google Meet and Zoom, even more so when we’re all locked in our homes, it was Skype that brought the wave of connecting us with our loved ones via a...
  5. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  6. Bluetooth speaker has stop working on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth speaker has stop working on windows 10.: Hello, Have the following problem with bluetooth speaker, the speaker was working fine till now I can add the bluetooth speaker to windows 10 but no sound comes out of the speaker. any help would be great. thanks matthew...
  7. Gears5.exe has stopped working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears5.exe has stopped working Windows 10: I continue to get this in Gears 5. My drivers are up to date and my system meets the requirements. Sometimes it happens 3 minutes in, sometimes 3 hours. Wave 42 in Horde and it happened earlier. I Google and Google and cannot find anything on this specific problem. There are...
  8. Bad_Module_Info has stopped working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Bad_Module_Info has stopped working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Games are known to be heavy on the system. Some of them crash themselves, and some crash the system when they don’t get enough resources to launch and play. One such case is with the error bad_module_info error on Windows [...] This post Bad_Module_Info has...
  9. Windows 10 - This application has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - This application has stopped working: Hi! I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 and for some reason NOTHING works. I can log into the desktop ok, but then no icons do anything. I cant open task manager nothing. Its just unrepsonsive. Then after a while a message appears with 'Windows' in the top saying...
  10. My windows 10 has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    My windows 10 has stopped working: Hello I have a Teclast X2 Pro with Win 10 Teclast X2 Pro Review - A Powerful Surface Clone Now it has stopped working, it takes forever to log in and everything just freezes after just a couple of minutes. I have tried to format my drive and reinstall but with no...