Windows 10: H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop?

Discus and support H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I Can't type Anything in my "Cortana" searchbox on my computer, so therefore I Can't use it.... : H-o-w can I make it work again,like it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tiredchrisNEWBIE, Dec 19, 2019.

1. H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop?

Hi,

I Can't type Anything in my "Cortana" searchbox on my computer, so therefore I Can't use it.... :

H-o-w can I make it work again,like it did before,to find things? I'm mystified... :

Many thanks,

Chris

:)

tiredchrisNEWBIE, Dec 19, 2019

2. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Still having no luck figuring out how to disable cortana, but leave searchbox on the taskbar enabled. Don't know what combination of things to disable/enable to make this happen I have been trying for awhile now. I have it now that cortana is disabled, but when creating a new user and clicking on start, the searchbox changes to the cortana symbol..weird.

datdereyeehaw, Dec 19, 2019
  3. How do I connect my H+O tablet to my Desktop Computer

I bought an H+O tablet however although it is physically connected to my desktop computer by a cable with a USB on one end and a Mini USB on the other when I open the Icon on the list of folders on the left of the page it only shows 'This folder is empty'
    to all the folders on it. I know that there are documents in many of these folders. How can I get the Desktop to accept the Tablet andthe documents and files in it.

alisterdeans1, Dec 19, 2019
  4. H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop?

Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Hi,
    I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all newly created users. My problem is when I have Cortana disabled, the searchbox reverts to the magnifying glass icon. I need it to show the searchbox and I need to remove web results from appearing when searching for things. I don't want to have to manually change the taskbar settings everytime I have a new user logging in. I have tried both local group policy and regedit. I have it working on HKCU on the current admin user account, but for some reason it doesn't apply to all users no matter what I try. Is this doable at the moment?
    I think I have tried all the guides on this website, I also have been looking for days. Any Help would be appreciated, thanks!

datdereyeehaw, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop?

1. H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop? - Similar Threads - Cortana searchbox desktop

2. Onedrive saves docs w/o my permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive saves docs w/o my permission: Recently, docs I try to save to folders on my pc are being automatically saved to OneDrive as well. This just started and I can't figure out how to stop it. Any advice?...
  3. Searchbox Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Searchbox Not Working: Search box can't type and can't sign in with Microsoft Account since updating from version 1903 to 1909. How to fix it on windows 10 home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searchbox-not-working/43e0b224-40ce-4f12-98c2-2011fbc56d9e
  4. How do I make Cortana play my music spotify

in Cortana
    How do I make Cortana play my music spotify: I recently bought a lenovo s340-14api and started using Cortana and I just want her to play my music or turn the volume up or anything else. The problem is I dont have her notebook, I checked the settings and I dont have any setting that looks like this: Cortana can give you...
  5. How do I make Cortana play my music spotidy

in Cortana
    How do I make Cortana play my music spotidy: I recently bought a lenovo s340-14api and started using Cortana and I just want her to play my music or turn the volume up or anything else. The problem is I dont have her notebook, I checked the settings and I dont have any setting that looks like this: Cortana can give you...
  6. I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this?

in Cortana
    I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this?: Hi, for some reason I Cant type anything in My Cortana Searchbox.... : Can U tell me H-o-w to rectify this,please? Many thanks for your time/patience... : Chris....
  7. H-o-w Do I Enlarge the Icons Size (Youtube Videos) on Win10 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    H-o-w Do I Enlarge the Icons Size (Youtube Videos) on Win10 Desktop?: Hi, I've accidentally 'shrunk' the icons (& accompanying text) on my (Win10) Desktop computer. I Think they come in small/medium/large sizes. I want them to go from 'small' to 'medium'.... :) - Can U help me,please? Thanks,Chris.... :)...
  8. cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all

in Cortana
    cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all: before this search box problem i have did a windows reinstall using a usb drive and after it reinstall and upgrade, the search box can't use at all and also cortana is missing...
  9. My Windows 10 Pro license not working on my upgraded desktop (h/w upgrade)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 Pro license not working on my upgraded desktop (h/w upgrade): I upgraded my system from core 2 duo to core i7 but my windows 10 pro license key is not working . Please assist I cannot afford to buy licenses again and again...
  10. How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Make A Bullet Point W/O Numeric Keypad?: I looked here but perhaps it is still to early in the morning for me to comprehend what I am reading: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+do+you...146-6__&ia=web I am used to a keypad and all I needed to do was to hold down the alt key and hit 0149 and presto a bullet point would...