Windows 10: H P Deskjet Printer will not install. Error 3

Discus and support H P Deskjet Printer will not install. Error 3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My daughter has a Laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. It seems to have all the updates. Her printer, which she has had for over a year, is a HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gordon99, Oct 9, 2018.

1. gordon99 Win User

H P Deskjet Printer will not install. Error 3

My daughter has a Laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. It seems to have all the updates. Her printer, which she has had for over a year, is a HP Deskjet 3630 Series. Recently the printer stopped printing from the laptop. I have made several attempts to reinstall the printer with the laptop, using both the original installation disk and the HP printer installation website, all to no avail.

When I attempt to reinstall the printer the following messages pop up at different points in the printer installation process.
    1. Installation Error 3: Failed to copy Port Monitor files.
    2.: HP DJ3630 Series Printer Driver is not compatible with policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0
    3:Windows can't install the HP Deskjet 3630 Series kernel mode printer driver. To obtain a driver that is compatible with the version of Windows you are running contact the manufacturer.

I can only guess that a recent Windows 10 update has fouled things up but as my daughter prints from Windows very infrequently I have no idea which Windows update might have done the damage. The printer will still scan and it will print from an iPad.

I would be grateful for a solution to this problem.

:)

gordon99, Oct 9, 2018

2. my printer hp deskjet f4288 -windows10 pro not working

Hello,

I realize your concern. Let me help you with this issue.

I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter. Follow the steps.

• Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • In the left pane click on View all.
    • Select the Printer option and follow the on screen instructions.

Also, suggest you to refer the below link, and check if it helps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product...-series/3390945/model/3571304/troubleshooting

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Need help with install of old printer.

I have a Deskjet 3420 printer, but when I went to the H/P site, it stated the model is retired. I have Windows 10 and I am trying to print something I need for my part time job. Any suggestions? Much thanks.

Lonewolf55(2), Oct 9, 2018
  4. H P Deskjet Printer will not install. Error 3

PRINTER DRIVER FOR HP DeskJet 1125C

Thank you, the printer now works.

However I have some odd results, like going to (Copy 3). When I tried your advice, the printer worked.

Then I tried some other things, (I cannot remember what I did) and then the printer did not work.

Device Manager

+ Print Queues

Printers: Various Types

HP DeskJet 1125C (Copy 1)

HP DeskJet 1125C (Copy 2)

HP DeskJet 1125C (Copy 3)

+ Printers

HP DeskJet 1125C

HP DeskJet 1125C (Copy 3) works for printing.

Can I delete anything from print queues?

Valdis Zarins, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

H P Deskjet Printer will not install. Error 3

1. H P Deskjet Printer will not install. Error 3 - Similar Threads - Deskjet Printer install

2. HP deskjet printer 882c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP deskjet printer 882c: HP deskjet printer 882c will not print. All three lights keep blinking. Tried disconnecting power, installed new cartridge, nothing worked. This is an old printer, but it was still putting out good copies....
  3. HP deskjet printer 882c

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP deskjet printer 882c: HP deskjet printer 882c will not print. All three lights keep blinking. Tried disconnecting power, installed new cartridge, nothing worked. This is an old printer, but it was still putting out good copies....
  4. HP deskjet printer 882c

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost login code Win 10 H/P

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost login code Win 10 H/P: My grandson lost the log in code for his new computer. His father was going nuts. LOL. I tried a program called pcunlocker. Did not have any luck with that. The computer does not have a disk drive. Tried putting the program off a USB stick but didn't have any luck with that....
  6. H-P Scanner Printer..8025 Pro. Ink Jet. Prints but does not scan or copy.. H-p...

H-P Scanner Printer..8025 Pro. Ink Jet. Prints but does not scan or copy.. H-p...: I have an H-P and only 15 months old. Tried scanning and will not work. H-P contacted and re-installed driver and ultimately, afer 2 hours on the phone, said scanner broken. It is installed. It is impossible. Machine hardly used. I am convinced it is some computer...
  7. h e l p

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    h e l p: give me your best free antivirus because oh my 80+ viruses with 9 trojan holy dang submitted by /u/Ertiolgaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lquqo8/h_e_l_p/
  8. Hp deskjet 1000 printer

Hp deskjet 1000 printer: I am trying to manually set up this printer. The message I am getting is: setup is incomplete because of a metered connection. What am I during wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-deskjet-1000-printer/0738427d-b607-48f4-b347-5e2ff4687da9
  9. Deskjet printer on pc won't printer

Deskjet printer on pc won't printer: Printer won't printer anymore. I know it is due to settings and apps and husband taking over. When I try to print it goes to Onenote. There is also XPS Microsoft document printer and Microsoft Print to PDF. I haveno use for any of this except my actual printer that will print...
  10. NOT PRINTING hp deskjet printer

NOT PRINTING hp deskjet printer: HP desk jet printer 1050j410 series NOT been recognised by my laptop after your last major update. I have tried everything to get it working but still nothing. 1.uninstalled/installed not been recognised 2. drivers are up to date 3.Been into device manager tried...