Windows 10: H&R BLOCK 2019 BUSINESS SOFTWARE WILL NOT OPEN ANY MORE

Discus and support H&R BLOCK 2019 BUSINESS SOFTWARE WILL NOT OPEN ANY MORE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is Windows 10. I had been using the 2019 H&R Block business software just fine. Last time used was July 15, 2020. Went to open to prepare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by D.HARRIS2, Oct 6, 2020.

1. D.HARRIS2 Win User

H&R BLOCK 2019 BUSINESS SOFTWARE WILL NOT OPEN ANY MORE

This is Windows 10.

I had been using the 2019 H&R Block business software just fine. Last time used was July 15, 2020.

Went to open to prepare Sub-S return on Sept 12 and kept getting an error message saying it could not open. I tried having Geek Squad look at it. They spent about 2 1/2 hours running diagnostics and could not figure it out. I had another IT pro look at it for about 3 hours, ran diagnostics and the best he could figure was that it was a Microsoft update that somehow corrupted the ordering sequence for the program to open. All of my clients are locked up now. The other thing is that it also corrupted the 2018 program so I cannot access those files either.

Tried downloading a new 2019 Block program. Overwrote the old one. Still same problem. Loaded the software from the disc. Same problem.

Trying to get through to Block is a joke. You will spend hours on the phone.

Any thoughts?

:)

D.HARRIS2, Oct 6, 2020
  2. MT_303 Win User

Location of h&r Block files for premium and business 2018 on Windows 2007 to import into 2019 on Windows 2010- Continued

Wolter Kluwer/H&R Block posted the following solution for accessing prior H&R tax return data file (for import into current year software) from 2007 system to 2010. After 4hrs including 1 1/2 with HR software support, this did the trick.

Scenario: I had 2018 HR Block software installed on 2007 Windows computer. I installed 2019 on 2010 Windows computer. Despite having a .pdf of 2018 return and saving these files to the 2010 computer, I could not get 2019 HR software to recognize the files
    to import or upload.

I contacted HR software support and they emailed another [blank] copy of 2018 software. Using last year's activation code, I installed 2018 onto the 2010 computer. Then, using Part #1 instructions below, I performed the backup return process on the 2007
    computer. I was able to save the file to a USB and transfer to the 2010 computer. Then, I restored return as directed in Part #2. I closed the 2018 HR Block version and opened the 2019 and proceeded to the import stage. Success! 2019 software recognized the
    2018 files.

Note: According to HR software support, they were able to assist with duplicate 2018 copy of software since I had purchased directly from HR Block in 2018. I'm not sure if they can help if you purchased your copy through 3rd party like Office Depot/Staples,
    etc.

Good luck and hope this saves someone a few hours of their time.. another thread in this community with similar discussion subject also helped a lot: Location of h&r Block files for premium and business 2018.
    Thanks to those participants!

How do I move H&R Block® Business from Microsoft® Windows® 7 to a new operating system?
    Code:
    Reference: https://support.cch.com/kb/solution/000107002/000107002
    • Article Type:
    • How To
    • Last Modified:
    • 01/15/2020
    Objectives
    Moving H&R Block to a New Operating System

This article describes the steps involved in moving HR Block data from your Windows 7 system to a new system.

Environment
    Microsoft® Window® 7

Procedure
    You’ll need to perform these steps for each year/version of H&R Block® Business that you have on your system.
    There are three basic parts for moving H&R Block® Business to your new system:

*These instructions assume you have an external hard drive or USB drive with enough space to save all H&R Block® Business data to it. In the steps below this drive will be referred to as drive X. The steps also assume you have purchased a new system pre-loaded
    with Windows 10. If you are upgrading your existing Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 you will need to complete Part 1 on Windows 7, and then you will perform Parts 2 and 3 after the upgrade to 10 is complete.

Part 1: Backup - Backup data on old system
    Note: Perform these steps on Windows 7 machine.

Follow these steps to back up your H&R Block® Business data on the Windows 7 machine:

1. Create a folder on drive X: called HRB 20YY Backup (change YY to the actual year of the software)
    2. Open your return.
    3. Click File > Backup Return.
    4. Navigate to the location that you created in Step #1.
    5. Click Save.
    6. Repeat steps 2-5 for all remaining returns.

Parts 2 and 3: Installing H&R Block® Business and Restoring H&R Block® Business Data
    Note: Perform these steps on the new or upgraded computer.

1. Plug in the external drive.
    2. Install the H&R Block® Business program.
    3. After installation completes, open the program and check for updates.
    4. Click File > Restore Return.
    5. In the Restore Return window, navigate to the folder you created during the Step #1 of Backing Up.
    6. Select your return(s).
    7. Click Open.
    8. Wait for restore process to complete.

MT_303, Oct 6, 2020
  3. H & R Block 2019 wont fully install.

Have you contacted H & R Block Support about this?

Bill Smithers, Oct 6, 2020
  4. H&R BLOCK 2019 BUSINESS SOFTWARE WILL NOT OPEN ANY MORE

H&R Block 2019 update connecting to the internet issues

I downloaded 2019 H&R Block on my new Computer with Windows 10 operating system, but I can't get download updates for the software. Keep getting error message that the H&R Block software can't connect to server, but there is no problems with my computer connecting
    to the internet.

PaullynnHP, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

H&R BLOCK 2019 BUSINESS SOFTWARE WILL NOT OPEN ANY MORE

1. H&R BLOCK 2019 BUSINESS SOFTWARE WILL NOT OPEN ANY MORE - Similar Threads - H&R BLOCK 2019

2. Cannot install H&R Block Business software on Laptop, Something bout needing a more recent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install H&R Block Business software on Laptop, Something bout needing a more recent...: Older laptop, dont have it in from of me. I have been using same for bout 9 years with no problem. I downloaded the business program and got message it needed a newer *.net program. I found that program on another Microsoft website. I tried downloading the newest, then the...
  3. Cannot install H&R Block Business software on Laptop, Something bout needing a more recent...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install H&R Block Business software on Laptop, Something bout needing a more recent...: Older laptop, dont have it in from of me. I have been using same for bout 9 years with no problem. I downloaded the business program and got message it needed a newer *.net program. I found that program on another Microsoft website. I tried downloading the newest, then the...
  4. Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection: I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried...
  5. Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection: I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried...
  6. No connection between H&R Block software and server

No connection between H&R Block software and server: Hello -- I installed H&R Block 2021 tax software on my new Win10Pro PC. However, I can't activate the software due to: "we're having trouble making the connection between your software and our server". The software will activate on my old Win8.1 PC, so it seems to have...
  7. No connection between H&R Block software and server

in Windows 10 Customization
    No connection between H&R Block software and server: Hello -- I installed H&R Block 2021 tax software on my new Win10Pro PC. However, I can't activate the software due to: "we're having trouble making the connection between your software and our server". The software will activate on my old Win8.1 PC, so it seems to have...
  8. H&R Block 2020 Premium for business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    H&R Block 2020 Premium for business: i just let Microsoft run an update for Windows 10 and now the HR Block software won't open. I have the details saved to a word document. the version for personal returns is fine,only the business version. what's the fix? i saw an earlier post from someone about removing...
  9. H&R block business software 2018 and 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H&R block business software 2018 and 2019: I have been using this program for years and all of sudden get this error message. Seems to have happened after a Windows update. This is the error and program will not open, have tried so many different things. Session Summary Information: Date/Time: 10/18/20 1:52:44 PM...
  10. Location of h&r Block files for premium and business 2018

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of h&r Block files for premium and business 2018: Just downloaded H&R Block Premium and Business 2018 software. In Business, cannot locate returns from 2017 in order to import 2017 data into 2018 1065 return. What is the location where my old returns should be located? Thanks...