Windows 10: H&R Block disk won't load anything.

Discus and support H&R Block disk won't load anything. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. My H&R Block disk won't even open. I've inserted the disk, closed the drawer and after a brief "spin" nothing happens; no on-screen icon, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidNovick, Sep 29, 2020.

1. H&R Block disk won't load anything.

Hi. My H&R Block disk won't even open. I've inserted the disk, closed the drawer and after a brief "spin" nothing happens; no on-screen icon, no nothing. I've tried on three different computers running WIndows 10. Do I have a faulty disk or am I overlooking something? Thanks. Dave.

:)

DavidNovick, Sep 29, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

H & R Block to a flashdrive

Software like H&R Block has to be installed in the same partition as Windows.

BulldogXX, Sep 29, 2020
  3. MT_303 Win User
    Location of h&r Block files for premium and business 2018 on Windows 2007 to import into 2019 on Windows 2010- Continued

Wolter Kluwer/H&R Block posted the following solution for accessing prior H&R tax return data file (for import into current year software) from 2007 system to 2010. After 4hrs including 1 1/2 with HR software support, this did the trick.

Scenario: I had 2018 HR Block software installed on 2007 Windows computer. I installed 2019 on 2010 Windows computer. Despite having a .pdf of 2018 return and saving these files to the 2010 computer, I could not get 2019 HR software to recognize the files
    to import or upload.

I contacted HR software support and they emailed another [blank] copy of 2018 software. Using last year's activation code, I installed 2018 onto the 2010 computer. Then, using Part #1 instructions below, I performed the backup return process on the 2007
    computer. I was able to save the file to a USB and transfer to the 2010 computer. Then, I restored return as directed in Part #2. I closed the 2018 HR Block version and opened the 2019 and proceeded to the import stage. Success! 2019 software recognized the
    2018 files.

Note: According to HR software support, they were able to assist with duplicate 2018 copy of software since I had purchased directly from HR Block in 2018. I'm not sure if they can help if you purchased your copy through 3rd party like Office Depot/Staples,
    etc.

Good luck and hope this saves someone a few hours of their time.. another thread in this community with similar discussion subject also helped a lot: Location of h&r Block files for premium and business 2018.
    Thanks to those participants!

How do I move H&R Block® Business from Microsoft® Windows® 7 to a new operating system?
    Code:
    Reference: https://support.cch.com/kb/solution/000107002/000107002
    • Article Type:
    • How To
    • Last Modified:
    • 01/15/2020
    Objectives
    Moving H&R Block to a New Operating System

This article describes the steps involved in moving HR Block data from your Windows 7 system to a new system.

Environment
    Microsoft® Window® 7

Procedure
    You’ll need to perform these steps for each year/version of H&R Block® Business that you have on your system.
    There are three basic parts for moving H&R Block® Business to your new system:

*These instructions assume you have an external hard drive or USB drive with enough space to save all H&R Block® Business data to it. In the steps below this drive will be referred to as drive X. The steps also assume you have purchased a new system pre-loaded
    with Windows 10. If you are upgrading your existing Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 you will need to complete Part 1 on Windows 7, and then you will perform Parts 2 and 3 after the upgrade to 10 is complete.

Part 1: Backup - Backup data on old system
    Note: Perform these steps on Windows 7 machine.

Follow these steps to back up your H&R Block® Business data on the Windows 7 machine:

1. Create a folder on drive X: called HRB 20YY Backup (change YY to the actual year of the software)
    2. Open your return.
    3. Click File > Backup Return.
    4. Navigate to the location that you created in Step #1.
    5. Click Save.
    6. Repeat steps 2-5 for all remaining returns.

Parts 2 and 3: Installing H&R Block® Business and Restoring H&R Block® Business Data
    Note: Perform these steps on the new or upgraded computer.

1. Plug in the external drive.
    2. Install the H&R Block® Business program.
    3. After installation completes, open the program and check for updates.
    4. Click File > Restore Return.
    5. In the Restore Return window, navigate to the folder you created during the Step #1 of Backing Up.
    6. Select your return(s).
    7. Click Open.
    8. Wait for restore process to complete.

MT_303, Sep 29, 2020
  4. H&R Block disk won't load anything.

Install H&R Block and can't do

I am trying to install H&R Block software on my computer and I don't know if the disk reader is broken or if I need to do something different in Windows 10

DixieList_847, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

H&R Block disk won't load anything.

1. H&R Block disk won't load anything. - Similar Threads - H&R Block disk

2. Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection: I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried...
  3. Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Blocks H&R Block Software Connection: I updated to Windows 11 and now H&R Block software gets error cannot connect to server. I can file and I cannot update. Problem is with Windows 11 AND NOT H&R Block. I already verified with H&R Block. Everything was working fine for the past 7 years with Windows 10. I tried...
  4. No connection between H&R Block software and server

in Windows 10 Customization
    No connection between H&R Block software and server: Hello -- I installed H&R Block 2021 tax software on my new Win10Pro PC. However, I can't activate the software due to: "we're having trouble making the connection between your software and our server". The software will activate on my old Win8.1 PC, so it seems to have...
  5. H&R Block 2020 Premium for business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    H&R Block 2020 Premium for business: i just let Microsoft run an update for Windows 10 and now the HR Block software won't open. I have the details saved to a word document. the version for personal returns is fine,only the business version. what's the fix? i saw an earlier post from someone about removing...
  6. PDF files for H&R Block won't save properly

PDF files for H&R Block won't save properly: I did taxes for a friend a few years ago and ever since, whenever I try to safe a tax return as a pdf, I get her information. I've uninstalled the pdf software and reinstalled it and nothing has changed. Any suggestions?...
  7. H&R Block 2020 launches but dose not display

H&R Block 2020 launches but dose not display: 1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface, Phone: Desktop PC 2. Who made it and model. If home built what type motherboard: Dell, Optiplex 9020 3. OS type, Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc: Windows 10 Pro 4. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build...
  8. H&R Block Tax Cut T19 T18 files won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    H&R Block Tax Cut T19 T18 files won't open: Hello there, My old computer had a motherboard issue, but I was able to recovery everything off the hard drive. I am trying to open my old H&R Block Tax Cut files. I installed the old programs on my new computer, and I also installed the updates, and I receive this error:...
  9. H&R block business software 2018 and 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H&R block business software 2018 and 2019: I have been using this program for years and all of sudden get this error message. Seems to have happened after a Windows update. This is the error and program will not open, have tried so many different things. Session Summary Information: Date/Time: 10/18/20 1:52:44 PM...
  10. H&R Block disc does not upload

H&R Block disc does not upload: Help. H&R Block disc does not upload. I need prompts to upload it. Supposedly, to install software all I have to do is place the disc in my PC. It's not doing anything. Thanks....