Windows 10: H U G E loss of data and programs being altered

Discus and support H U G E loss of data and programs being altered in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On Sunday, 08/04/2019 I discovered these issues: Outlook had erased all emails back to August 12 2017 Logos Bible Software reverted from version 8.2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by poppajohn00, Aug 8, 2019.

1. H U G E loss of data and programs being altered

On Sunday, 08/04/2019 I discovered these issues:

1. Outlook had erased all emails back to August 12 2017
    2. Logos Bible Software reverted from version 8.2 to the obsolete version 7.8
    3. I lost the record of every Word document I recently worked on
    4. Just now they were restored
    5. I lost every game, such as Gin Rummy,hearts and spades by Random Salad Software
    6. Deleted browser Waterfox reinstalled
    7. Edge was no longer the default browser, and I could not use it to opening a URL from my email
    8. I lost a custom label I made for my P-Touch printer
    9. Two unwanted Candy Crush games were added without me giving permission to anyone.
    10. My lock screen reverted back to a sloth
    11. Today, I got a new lock screen on startup

Who knows what else?

For protection I use both Defender and Malwarebytes

Please help me find the cause, and more importantly, repair the extensive damage

:)

poppajohn00, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Emikus Win User

Moblie Data (H+) wont work. H U G E loss of data and programs being altered :(

Hi all,

Ive just recently downloaded the updates to my 620 but since then my Data wont work its still comes up with the H (or G if i put it to 2G) but the H+ had stopped working all together and this was the only one my phone seems to work with. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Emikus, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Aniefiok Win User
    Problem with symbols (G, H) on the screen Asha 302

There is nothing wrong with your phone,all those G,E,H,3G and 3.5G are normal,so you have nothing to worry about,H will only indicate when you are connected to the internet,on an idle mode,it will indicate G or E depending on your operator.

Dont expect a stanby H icon.

Setting you phone network mode to GSM will make your battery last longer,3G or UMTS will drain your battery faster.

Aniefiok, Aug 8, 2019
  4. petrib Win User

H U G E loss of data and programs being altered

Asha 300 G & H symbol in top left corner?

My guess: G = GPRS (packet data) connectivity and H = HSDPA/HSUPA (faster 3G connectivity). If so, then presumably there should then also be a E, and some other indicator for "regular" 3G packet data (as opposed to HSDPA/HSUPA).

Explanations for the acronyms easily found, e.g., in the wikipedia. :smileywink:

petrib, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

H U G E loss of data and programs being altered

1. H U G E loss of data and programs being altered - Similar Threads - loss data programs

2. Experienced Yesterday BSOD, and Some Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    Experienced Yesterday BSOD, and Some Data Loss: Hello There Yesterday when i logged into Admin account for my Sunday Maintenance day activities, normal stuff like trim, defrag on storage drive if needed, disk cleanup before trim and defrag, well after the bsod i looked up what to do on it, and ran sfc /scannow, dism...
  3. DATA LOSS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DATA LOSS: Recently upgraded to windows 10 (1903) resulting in data loss. Very disappointed. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/3e3ffb85-4b7f-4b4f-99aa-0a524f59d751
  4. Loss of data upon saving file or downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of data upon saving file or downloading: Hi, I'm experiencing a very obscure issue that I have never seen before. Whenever I save a file, I've noticed that some text is either removed or duplicated. If I download a file from my server, the file will be missing data as well. I have tried other FTP clients and I get...
  5. Question: Loss of Outlook program

Question: Loss of Outlook program: In the last 2 days, my Windows 10 program downloaded and installed an update. I went to access my Outlook account (2007 I believe), and got the following message. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Outlook requires Outlook Express 4.01 or greater. you can install Outlook...
  6. 1809 update Data Loss

1809 update Data Loss: Perhaps my observations on the SB2 15", win 10, 1809 (!!!) can help with solving the "data loss problems with the update. 1 I have had no data loss or other hiccups with the update. 2 I had redirected the folders "pictures", "music", "videos" (but not "documents") from my...
  7. Loss of data with Windows Live Mail

Loss of data with Windows Live Mail: Recently, there was a power outage and after startup, Windows Live Mail did not have any emails and the contact list was lost. I have found the emails in one of the Storage Folders and I assume I can just move them back into the main mail folder (all folders in...
  8. the "e" "g" "h" "num8" and "num9" keys doesnt work on W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the "e" "g" "h" "num8" and "num9" keys doesnt work on W10: After i installed windows 10 on my Asus N53SV, the keyboard doesnt work properly. I look on the internet for help, but it looks like im the only one. I tried uninstall and reinstall almost everything i know. From keyboard driver, touchpad, etc. I dont know what else to...
  9. Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Store save location only show C: D:, not E F G H???: I originally posted this in another thread but after a few days with no replies i decided to make my own. This is partly because my problem, and that of the original poster, is not identical.. Please help if you can think of anything. Im not often stuck with problems but...
  10. Win 8 Pro u/g allowed transferability, will Win 10 u/g change this?

Win 8 Pro u/g allowed transferability, will Win 10 u/g change this?: From the Windows 8 retail (upgrade) EULA: "Can I transfer the software to another computer or user? You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you..." This remains the same for the Windows 8.1 upgrade EULA. On upgrading a Windows 7 PC, this...